The Challenge: State of the Culture

1347 posts / 0 new
Last post

At this point in the game, these folks should know what they're signing up for....should already be going into it with the mentality to have fun & make the best of it, but don't take no **** & dot eyes if need be.

Until our people stop ************ & create our own without others having a hand in it (sellout *** BET) then that is the narrative that will be pushed. Stop looking for these folks to tell your story & expecting them to play fair....we already see how they do with The Challenge.

"Violent & "aggressive" will be the label no matter if you rearranging faces or simply raising your voice a decibel or two. If you let them decide how you're to be viewed; signing up and want to be a part of it, prepare accordingly. shrugs

At this point in the game, these folks should know what they're signing up for....should already be going into it with the mentality to have fun & make the best of it, but don't take no **** & dot eyes if need be.Until our people stop ************ & create our own without others having a hand in it (sellout *** BET) then that is the narrative that will be pushed. Stop looking for these folks to tell your story & expecting them to play fair....we already see how they do with The Challenge."Violent & "aggressive" will be the label no matter if you rearranging faces or simply raising your voice a decibel or two. If you let them decide how you're to be viewed; signing up and want to be a part of it, prepare accordingly. shrugs

easily. On the BET point they **** me off so bad. Not only is it white owned but like baby no effort is there. There should be diverse and exclusively black content being streamed there 24/7 from children shows, to reality tv, to cooking shows, gaming etc etc like there is so much potential with that Network but it's owned by Viacom lame *** so our only hope is someone takes this idea and runs with it 

Girl not Kaylen dumb *** saying that mess about R Kelly's victims needing to be held accountable. Like girl read the room. Some **** you just don't need to be saying especially as a black woman her damn self

Kaylen been cancelled. That girl is an idiot.

Kaylen been cancelled. That girl is an idiot.

pretty as hell but a bird none the less. Lost cause 

I always felt like she was full of **** since AYTO. She always striked me as someone trying to be hella deep, and wise. But it always comes off as ignorant.

that fact that she ran around with Gio with as long as she did shows a LOT about her. I get slow vibes from her tbh. 

I always felt like she was full of **** since AYTO. She always striked me as someone trying to be hella deep, and wise. But it always comes off as ignorant.

Absolutely ! I never liked her ***, she always seemed quite condescending for no reason. 

I always felt like she was full of **** since AYTO. She always striked me as someone trying to be hella deep, and wise. But it always comes off as ignorant.

She’s the definition of fake deep

So a quick change of topic which I can’t remember if it’s been brought up but one of my favorite moments embracing the culture was when Brooklyn won a daily on BOTS2 and Devyn decided to wear her hair natural to the nomination ceremony. We always trash people’s wigs/weaves but as a fellow gal on the natural hair journey, that moment was super sentimental to me and I would love to see more people on reality tv following that trend. I know it’s hard as we’ve been trained that the only “good hair” is straight but still #selflove.

PS: this is not to hate on wigs/weaves cause y’all know Kam is my fave Smile

So a quick change of topic which I can’t remember if it’s been brought up but one of my favorite moments embracing the culture was when Brooklyn won a daily on BOTS2 and Devyn decided to wear her hair natural to the nomination ceremony. We always trash people’s wigs/weaves but as a fellow gal on the natural hair journey, that moment was super sentimental to me and I would love to see more people on reality tv following that trend. I know it’s hard as we’ve been trained that the only “good hair” is straight but still #selflove.PS: this is not to hate on wigs/weaves cause y’all know Kam is my fave Smile

I will probably getting hate for this, but it’s not that unusual to see Black women with natural hair on TV. I mean it’s probably different for me because I’m Caribbean but I always saw a balance of Black women who wore weave and those who didn’t, and those who did both.

So a quick change of topic which I can’t remember if it’s been brought up but one of my favorite moments embracing the culture was when Brooklyn won a daily on BOTS2 and Devyn decided to wear her hair natural to the nomination ceremony. We always trash people’s wigs/weaves but as a fellow gal on the natural hair journey, that moment was super sentimental to me and I would love to see more people on reality tv following that trend. I know it’s hard as we’ve been trained that the only “good hair” is straight but still #selflove.PS: this is not to hate on wigs/weaves cause y’all know Kam is my fave Smile

Devyn's hair was GORGEOUS >>>>>>>>>>>

Roni, Ayanna & Sophia used to rep hard in that department back in the day. Personally I would like to see more dreadhead Sistas on the show again.

imallergic wrote:

So a quick change of topic which I can’t remember if it’s been brought up but one of my favorite moments embracing the culture was when Brooklyn won a daily on BOTS2 and Devyn decided to wear her hair natural to the nomination ceremony. We always trash people’s wigs/weaves but as a fellow gal on the natural hair journey, that moment was super sentimental to me and I would love to see more people on reality tv following that trend. I know it’s hard as we’ve been trained that the only “good hair” is straight but still #selflove.PS: this is not to hate on wigs/weaves cause y’all know Kam is my fave Smile

I will probably getting hate for this, but it’s not that unusual to see Black women with natural hair on TV. I mean it’s probably different for me because I’m Caribbean but I always saw a balance of Black women who wore weave and those who didn’t, and those who did both.

stateside it was scarce for a minute especially at the time of Devyn doing that so I loved that. My opinion on it is do what you want with your hair to spice it up just don’t go around calling other black women nappy headed and etc because then it’s evident you wear weave because of self hate  

Jonna used to get bashed so much lmao for her hair

imallergic wrote:

So a quick change of topic which I can’t remember if it’s been brought up but one of my favorite moments embracing the culture was when Brooklyn won a daily on BOTS2 and Devyn decided to wear her hair natural to the nomination ceremony. We always trash people’s wigs/weaves but as a fellow gal on the natural hair journey, that moment was super sentimental to me and I would love to see more people on reality tv following that trend. I know it’s hard as we’ve been trained that the only “good hair” is straight but still #selflove.PS: this is not to hate on wigs/weaves cause y’all know Kam is my fave Smile

Devyn's hair was GORGEOUS >>>>>>>>>>>Roni, Ayanna & Sophia used to rep hard in that department back in the day. Personally I would like to see more dreadhead Sistas on the show again.

yesss, that’s what I’m talking about! Loved Sophia’s hair

omg I forgot about Roni aka the 2 time champ and undefeated legend! I thought she was too good for the show, she’s probably killing it in the real world now 

Since this is topical real talk how many of y’all still watch football? I used to be so into it but the Kaepernick thing really left such a bad taste in my mouth I never watched it again. Just wondering if anyone had a similar reaction or if they still watch what are their current thoughts on it since it’s been some time

Since this is topical real talk how many of y’all still watch football? I used to be so into it but the Kaepernick thing really left such a bad taste in my mouth I never watched it again. Just wondering if anyone had a similar reaction or if they still watch what are their current thoughts on it since it’s been some time

Not a football fan but honestly I applaud Kapernick for what he did. I hope that he finds another lane to be succesful in or just gets back to football somehow. 

 

Graphik wrote:

At this point in the game, these folks should know what they're signing up for....should already be going into it with the mentality to have fun & make the best of it, but don't take no **** & dot eyes if need be.Until our people stop ************ & create our own without others having a hand in it (sellout *** BET) then that is the narrative that will be pushed. Stop looking for these folks to tell your story & expecting them to play fair....we already see how they do with The Challenge."Violent & "aggressive" will be the label no matter if you rearranging faces or simply raising your voice a decibel or two. If you let them decide how you're to be viewed; signing up and want to be a part of it, prepare accordingly. shrugs

easily. On the BET point they **** me off so bad. Not only is it white owned but like baby no effort is there. There should be diverse and exclusively black content being streamed there 24/7 from children shows, to reality tv, to cooking shows, gaming etc etc like there is so much potential with that Network but it's owned by Viacom lame *** so our only hope is someone takes this idea and runs with it 

Late to this but that is a REALLY good *** Idea. Just a Diverse channel that shows black people  doing all types of things in sports, gaming, music etc, 

Honestly thinking about it BET really dropped the ball and is just a ****** network that don't play nothing but Martin reruns. Lame.

TuesDaze wrote:

Graphik wrote:At this point in the game, these folks should know what they're signing up for....should already be going into it with the mentality to have fun & make the best of it, but don't take no **** & dot eyes if need be.Until our people stop ************ & create our own without others having a hand in it (sellout *** BET) then that is the narrative that will be pushed. Stop looking for these folks to tell your story & expecting them to play fair....we already see how they do with The Challenge."Violent & "aggressive" will be the label no matter if you rearranging faces or simply raising your voice a decibel or two. If you let them decide how you're to be viewed; signing up and want to be a part of it, prepare accordingly. shrugs

easily. On the BET point they **** me off so bad. Not only is it white owned but like baby no effort is there. There should be diverse and exclusively black content being streamed there 24/7 from children shows, to reality tv, to cooking shows, gaming etc etc like there is so much potential with that Network but it's owned by Viacom lame *** so our only hope is someone takes this idea and runs with it 

Late to this but that is a REALLY good *** Idea. Just a Diverse channel that shows black people  doing all types of things in sports, gaming, music etc, Honestly thinking about it BET really dropped the ball and is just a ****** network that don't play nothing but Martin reruns. Lame.

the biggest dropped ball but that’s starts from the top with Viacom. They don’t have a vision for the network because they don’t have black people in mind. Just one look at their social media for the network is disgustingly out of tune 

Since this is topical real talk how many of y’all still watch football? I used to be so into it but the Kaepernick thing really left such a bad taste in my mouth I never watched it again. Just wondering if anyone had a similar reaction or if they still watch what are their current thoughts on it since it’s been some time

I dropped the NFL before it all for my own reasons but I can't even believe AA folks as a whole still watch it. I won't dive deeper b/c I'm getting very cognizant of always discussing our issues to where others can see it in full public view but its a damn shame smmfh

This site only gets about 10-20% of Graphik; most ain't ready for that other 80-90% containing that "conscious" side b/c I will definitely get myself banned from this site & I actually don't want that so I'll shut up now & continue to show small glimpses every now & then. Lol

Debut Album wrote:

TuesDaze wrote:

Graphik wrote:At this point in the game, these folks should know what they're signing up for....should already be going into it with the mentality to have fun & make the best of it, but don't take no **** & dot eyes if need be.Until our people stop ************ & create our own without others having a hand in it (sellout *** BET) then that is the narrative that will be pushed. Stop looking for these folks to tell your story & expecting them to play fair....we already see how they do with The Challenge."Violent & "aggressive" will be the label no matter if you rearranging faces or simply raising your voice a decibel or two. If you let them decide how you're to be viewed; signing up and want to be a part of it, prepare accordingly. shrugs

easily. On the BET point they **** me off so bad. Not only is it white owned but like baby no effort is there. There should be diverse and exclusively black content being streamed there 24/7 from children shows, to reality tv, to cooking shows, gaming etc etc like there is so much potential with that Network but it's owned by Viacom lame *** so our only hope is someone takes this idea and runs with it 

Late to this but that is a REALLY good *** Idea. Just a Diverse channel that shows black people  doing all types of things in sports, gaming, music etc, Honestly thinking about it BET really dropped the ball and is just a ****** network that don't play nothing but Martin reruns. Lame.

the biggest dropped ball but that’s starts from the top with Viacom. They don’t have a vision for the network because they don’t have black people in mind. Just one look at their social media for the network is disgustingly out of tune 

They think black people care to watch same stereotypical black movie every night at 8pm and pushing all their original content to the 11pm time slots. ☕️

TuesDaze wrote:

Since this is topical real talk how many of y’all still watch football? I used to be so into it but the Kaepernick thing really left such a bad taste in my mouth I never watched it again. Just wondering if anyone had a similar reaction or if they still watch what are their current thoughts on it since it’s been some time

I dropped the NFL before it all for my own reasons but I can't even believe AA folks as a whole still watch it. I won't dive deeper b/c I'm getting very cognizant of always discussing our issues to where others can see it in full public view but its a damn shame smmfhThis site only gets about 10-20% of Graphik; most ain't ready for that other 80-90% containing that "conscious" side b/c I will definitely get myself banned from this site & I actually don't want that so I'll shut up now & continue to show small glimpses every now & then. Lol

I got you on the discussing our issues where others can see. You know they feel entitled to be in our business lmao  

Graphik wrote:

TuesDaze wrote:Since this is topical real talk how many of y’all still watch football? I used to be so into it but the Kaepernick thing really left such a bad taste in my mouth I never watched it again. Just wondering if anyone had a similar reaction or if they still watch what are their current thoughts on it since it’s been some time

I dropped the NFL before it all for my own reasons but I can't even believe AA folks as a whole still watch it. I won't dive deeper b/c I'm getting very cognizant of always discussing our issues to where others can see it in full public view but its a damn shame smmfhThis site only gets about 10-20% of Graphik; most ain't ready for that other 80-90% containing that "conscious" side b/c I will definitely get myself banned from this site & I actually don't want that so I'll shut up now & continue to show small glimpses every now & then. Lol

I got you on the discussing our issues where others can see. You know they feel entitled to be in our business lmao  

I don't know why they do that.  It's not like they really give a damn about what we go through.

!

Marlon is just WHEW! A MAN

Marlon is just WHEW! A MAN

Just all kinds of fine 

MalikOnFleek wrote:

Marlon is just WHEW! A MAN

Just all kinds of fine 

a few years ago I was gonna slide in his dms but didn’t . Now I might just have too and be thirsty 

TuesDaze wrote:

MalikOnFleek wrote:Marlon is just WHEW! A MAN

Just all kinds of fine 

a few years ago I was gonna slide in his dms but didn’t . Now I might just have too and be thirsty 

he’s said before he thought Cory was fine as hell so let me get in the gym and put on some body hair and fly in those DMs as well lmao 

I thought I would just come express this here, but as an African American, I don’t think it’s necessarily a good thing to be a casual viewer to Floribama Shore. Something about the show is sketchy to me, especially when you notice the fact that Candice and Kirk, whether the cast likes to admit it or not, are the outsiders. You can tell from the Bar fights and other situations that Kirk & Candice aren’t looked at as human beings by their cast mates, specifically by Gus & Jeremiah. Kirk is quick to defend his castmates, his “friends”, but the only person to ever have his back is Candice. 

I may not be phrasing this correctly, but as an African American, I don’t feel comfortable watching the show. 

Psh i been stopped FBS watching in the middle of season 1. Because I just couldn't **** with Kirk, he came off as a huge corn ball. I felt like him and Candice were just there. Candice would've been better on maybe the Real World. Who knows

Pages