The Challenge: State of the Culture

1355 posts / 0 new
Last post

Gucci Mane wrote:

Now that I think of it Darrell could've had Brad for a FR partner as well. Where the **** they got Brad/Kyle from.....

It's simple, they don't want to see a Black dude having the chance to have the same record of winning as their golden boy. Especially with way less seasons than that pissy boy.

I don't think it's that. It's just that The Ruins was YEARS ago and why would they use that old *** rivalry for a current show like Final Reckoning? Doesn't make sense. 

It's the same reason why they went with Jamie(Bloodlines) as a partner for Kellyanne on Rivals 3 instead of Darrell as well. 

I think thats another issue on these reality tv shows. As black folk we go on those shows and think that someones word is bond... So when they do get screwed over or things dont go as planned they crack. It’s definitely based on our upbringing though. We are put in situations where we HAVE to value loyalty and trust, so when people are ao easily to disregard those traits it makes us go crazy. We know Leroy an enabler but even he fail victim to this multiple times.. I just want mentally strong people representing us, Thats why when Darrell said that Tony didnt beat him based on luck, HOWEVER he doesnt feel defeated I could do nothing but slow clap. If more of our people had a victor mentality instead of a victim mentality we would literally RUN the challenge

This is True. I think Coral was the only one who didn't really have this mentality and she's been good with this show because of it despite her only winning once. 

King better talk his shit !!!

Cochroach wrote:

I think thats another issue on these reality tv shows. As black folk we go on those shows and think that someones word is bond... So when they do get screwed over or things dont go as planned they crack. It’s definitely based on our upbringing though. We are put in situations where we HAVE to value loyalty and trust, so when people are ao easily to disregard those traits it makes us go crazy. We know Leroy an enabler but even he fail victim to this multiple times.. I just want mentally strong people representing us, Thats why when Darrell said that Tony didnt beat him based on luck, HOWEVER he doesnt feel defeated I could do nothing but slow clap. If more of our people had a victor mentality instead of a victim mentality we would literally RUN the challenge

This is True. I think Coral was the only one who didn't really have this mentality and she's been good with this show because of it despite her only winning once. 

I mean she was mad af on The Gauntlet and The Gauntlet 3 but okay

King better talk his shit !!!

No lies detected.

King better talk his shit !!!

it's not relevant but it's funny he didn't mention Cory because in one of his previous lives he implied he'd work with him heavily because he's fine and that always stuck with me because it actually reminded me he was ******** in that moment Lol

GoldenRing wrote:
King better talk his shit !!!

No lies detected.

Debut Album wrote:

Cochroach wrote:I think thats another issue on these reality tv shows. As black folk we go on those shows and think that someones word is bond... So when they do get screwed over or things dont go as planned they crack. It’s definitely based on our upbringing though. We are put in situations where we HAVE to value loyalty and trust, so when people are ao easily to disregard those traits it makes us go crazy. We know Leroy an enabler but even he fail victim to this multiple times.. I just want mentally strong people representing us, Thats why when Darrell said that Tony didnt beat him based on luck, HOWEVER he doesnt feel defeated I could do nothing but slow clap. If more of our people had a victor mentality instead of a victim mentality we would literally RUN the challenge

This is True. I think Coral was the only one who didn't really have this mentality and she's been good with this show because of it despite her only winning once. 

I mean she was mad af on The Gauntlet and The Gauntlet 3 but okay

I was talking about her gameplay but okay.

GoldenRing wrote:
King better talk his shit !!!

No lies detected.

is that marlon?

On the challenge, I really wish we had more people who could MENTALLY slay the game. As a race, we are naturally strong even the Derrick’s, the Leroy’s ect, we are still physically strong. However I haven’t seen an AA REALLY strategically and mentally play the game. Looking at the new season, I really hope Shaleen, Cain, or Theo shows some political prowess THROUGHOUT the game. Not just a one time move. 

To add on to the Simone thing. Simone really isn’t as bad as people make her out to be. Exes 2, she did DECENTLY and when she lost the challenge for her team, she was prepared for elimination. She played her elimination smart and got the point for her team, but John ruined it. Then on the Ex-iled challenge, John kept falling off quickly, but guess what, Simone still hung in their for some time against Bananas & Nany BY HERSELF. Then we have Rivals 3 where she was improving as a competitor and then what happens? She’s forced to quit because Thomas wanted to. Dirty 30 I cannot defend as she did that by herself but rivals 3 and exes 2 were not bad showings by her. 

simone is basura, lets not play here.

is that marlon?

Yep. That's king Marlon.

Simone has basically had bad luck in these shows and that’s why she’s never went far. I really hope Shaleen isn’t their stereotypical black girl they wanted because we already have a collection of those but from looking on her IG she seems pretty chill.  

King better talk his **** !!!

 

dad

Jenna and Kailah had Theo hating his life. 

wait, what? when did they "drag" ha

King better talk his **** !!!

He should have said he can take out Johnny so production will magically find him number again.

Our future Challenge champions right here. Smile

Meagan’s THAT girl and we need her! I’m already stanning. Biggrin

Meagan's THAT girl and we need her! I'm already stanning. Biggrin

Cara who? Laurel who? Ninja who? Mattie who?

Meagan wil rip every single one of their heads off & throw them back at the rest of the cast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

She's a solid ************ too.......ain't no moving her.

Najee made Golden Era Alton look like child's play. 

I thought I'd share a quick vent in here regarding the Real World reboot and the latest regarding casting. So according to a post in the Real World casting thread they're looking to cast a Republican and law enforcement along with an activist with Black Lives Matter being one of the listed causes. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of seeing Real World casting black people to push these type of agendas. The black community has more problems than dealing with racism and lets be real if you cast them with a Republican or someone in law enforcement that opposes BLM you're going to get just that. I'm not trying to watch the one or two black people they cast be miserable all season like CeeJai was cause they're in a house with someone making slick comments that they can excuse to being conservative or how they were raised. Production has also shown they don't know how to handle those situations when you look at how CeeJai vs. Jenna and Camila vs. Leroy played out. Why not focus on on black excellence, the issues with mental health in the black community, or the underage black women who are taking advantage of with no justice like in the R. Kelly documentary? It seems like they always want to go with the "funny" black guy and advice-giving black girl as secondary characters or when they're the focal point is has to do with racism. I'm not saying racism shouldn't be addressed but it has been proven that BMP does not know how to properly handle that topic.

I thought I'd share a quick vent in here regarding the Real World reboot and the latest regarding casting. So according to a post in the Real World casting thread they're looking to cast a Republican and law enforcement along with an activist with Black Lives Matter being one of the listed causes. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of seeing Real World casting black people to push these type of agendas. The black community has more problems than dealing with racism and lets be real if you cast them with a Republican or someone in law enforcement that opposes BLM you're going to get just that. I'm not trying to watch the one or two black people they cast be miserable all season like CeeJai was cause they're in a house with someone making slick comments that they can excuse to being conservative or how they were raised. Production has also shown they don't know how to handle those situations when you look at how CeeJai vs. Jenna and Camila vs. Leroy played out. Why not focus on on black excellence, the issues with mental health in the black community, or the underage black women who are taking advantage of with no justice like in the R. Kelly documentary? It seems like they always want to go with the "funny" black guy and advice-giving black girl as secondary characters or when they're the focal point is has to do with racism. I'm not saying racism shouldn't be addressed but it has been proven that BMP does not know how to properly handle that topic.

Absolutely! That’s been their archetype for black women and men for years and they’re so comfortable with doing that because that’s how they view us. There’s thousands of different layers to black people than that. That’s why this will fail because they’re afraid to do something different and unexpected casting wise. 

I agree, it feels exploitative. And like, racism is everywhere, you don’t need to try and force it for a storyline. 

I thought I'd share a quick vent in here regarding the Real World reboot and the latest regarding casting. So according to a post in the Real World casting thread they're looking to cast a Republican and law enforcement along with an activist with Black Lives Matter being one of the listed causes. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of seeing Real World casting black people to push these type of agendas. The black community has more problems than dealing with racism and lets be real if you cast them with a Republican or someone in law enforcement that opposes BLM you're going to get just that. I'm not trying to watch the one or two black people they cast be miserable all season like CeeJai was cause they're in a house with someone making slick comments that they can excuse to being conservative or how they were raised. Production has also shown they don't know how to handle those situations when you look at how CeeJai vs. Jenna and Camila vs. Leroy played out. Why not focus on on black excellence, the issues with mental health in the black community, or the underage black women who are taking advantage of with no justice like in the R. Kelly documentary? It seems like they always want to go with the "funny" black guy and advice-giving black girl as secondary characters or when they're the focal point is has to do with racism. I'm not saying racism shouldn't be addressed but it has been proven that BMP does not know how to properly handle that topic.

THAT exactly what I suggested but people were like : NO ! That shit wouldn’t work.

I agree and for those reasons I won't even give this reboot a chance. I truly hope no one from BLM even tries out for the show. An agenda is being pushed and next thing you know if they snap those clips will be shared on social media and keep pushing the narrative that this is a "violent" group. **** that.

THAT exactly what I suggested but people were like : NO ! That **** wouldn't work.

I'm not sure if it was you who said it but what I disagreed with was the suggestion of an all or predominantly black cast because we're not here to play Captain Save-A-Hoe for the Real World franchise. 

Najee & Meagan would flip this tired show on its ass.  They won't bring drama, but they'd be competition powerhouses.

To answer your point Witty it's because they enjoy watching us be miserable and be in situations like that. It's torture **** to them. I won't be partaking

The real world should have been left where it was

To answer your point Witty it's because they enjoy watching us be miserable and be in situations like that. It's torture **** to them. I won't be partaking The real world should have been left where it was

Pages