The Challenge: Rivals 3 (SPOILERS DISCUSSION)

24799 posts / 0 new
Last post

So is there hope that Jenna won't be one... Actually if it's individual I want to see her so I can see her flop 

Lol Keep dreaming big dog

RLK2014 wrote:

So is there hope that Jenna won't be one... Actually if it's individual I want to see her so I can see her flop 

Lol Keep dreaming big dog

You know dreams do come true. One of my favorite dreams that turned into a reality. Good times.

Due to the fact MTV rather have a blonde looking like Ashley K, than a Christina.

Looks like last season really humbled Dario down, maybe a bit too much lol. He went from being in Bananas' face everyone gun for Bananas! Now, he is playing right into his hand. I get Bananas has mastered this game, but if you don't go for him then there is NO chance he will be knocked out. They are all making this far too easy for him. When Dario/Nicole won I thought for sure my main man was going in. These players need to grow a set. It makes me laugh how easily Bananas' scares these players into making it far without even a mention of elimination, it is brilliant on his part and pathetic on the others.

Looks like last season really humbled Dario down, maybe a bit too much lol. He went from being in Bananas' face everyone gun for Bananas! Now, he is playing right into his hand. I get Bananas has mastered this game, but if you don't go for him then there is NO chance he will be knocked out. They are all making this far too easy for him. When Dario/Nicole won I thought for sure my main man was going in. These players need to grow a set. It makes me laugh how easily Bananas' scares these players into making it far without even a mention of elimination, it is brilliant on his part and pathetic on the others.

It's a shame, people always forget that Challenge prowness doesn't equate to being undefeated.

They need the boston alliance to come back and handle this anti-bananas business.

Yeah you guys are honestly right.  Everyone talks a big game (except a few), and then align themselves with Bananas when the time comes.  Setting up a deal where you are the power team and are revealing your current alliance's dirt just to have a better chance at getting 3rd place (which is far from guaranteed to get to the final) is a mix of a scared move by Dario and great presence by Bananas to take advantage.  Whether you think this was more of Bananas doing well this season or Dario being scared it doesn't matter.  The smarter guy got what he wanted from that sit down.  

Yeah you guys are honestly right.  Everyone talks a big game (except a few), and then align themselves with Bananas when the time comes.  Setting up a deal where you are the power team and are revealing your current alliance's dirt just to have a better chance at getting 3rd place (which is far from guaranteed to get to the final) is a mix of a scared move by Dario and great presence by Bananas to take advantage.  Whether you think this was more of Bananas doing well this season or Dario being scared it doesn't matter.  The smarter guy got what he wanted from that sit down.  

This is why it still baffles me that people don't see Bananas as the best challenger of all time. Not best athlete, which he definitely isn't, but best challenger. How many people come on to shows the sole goal of sending him home and he either axes them before they can do it, or else they wind up being on his side. Look at the Boston Alliance on Free Agents. Zach, Jordan, Johnny Reilly, CT. Who was Bananas' alliance on the NEXT challenge? Zach, Jordan, Johnny Reilly, CT (and Leroy). Cory and Dario were after him on Bloodlines. Who wants to be in his alliance this time? Cory and Dario. He even has Nany's cousin, who doesn't like him, talking shit about Nany to him. I root for Johnny and it's still mindblowing to me. On Bloodlines it took to the second to last elimination for anyone to even say his name even when he didn't have a staunch alliance after the halfway mark. It's more impressive to me than a Darrell or a Kenny who everyone likes despite the fact that they're good and no one actively targets. Guy has walked in with a bullseye on his back since Exes 1. 

WesandCT wrote:

This is why it still baffles me that people don't see Bananas as the best challenger of all time. Not best athlete, which he definitely isn't, but best challenger. How many people come on to shows the sole goal of sending him home and he either axes them before they can do it, or else they wind up being on his side. Look at the Boston Alliance on Free Agents. Zach, Jordan, Johnny Reilly, CT. Who was Bananas' alliance on the NEXT challenge? Zach, Jordan, Johnny Reilly, CT (and Leroy). Cory and Dario were after him on Bloodlines. Who wants to be in his alliance this time? Cory and Dario. He even has Nany's cousin, who doesn't like him, talking shit about Nany to him. I root for Johnny and it's still mindblowing to me. On Bloodlines it took to the second to last elimination for anyone to even say his name even when he didn't have a staunch alliance after the halfway mark. It's more impressive to me than a Darrell or a Kenny who everyone likes despite the fact that they're good and no one actively targets. Guy has walked in with a bullseye on his back since Exes 1. 

I hate Bananas because my two favorites are Wes and CT obviously, but there is no denying that Bananas is the best of all time.  He has the most wins in Challenge history.  If Wes kept working out maybe he'd be in that discussion too, if CT didn't lose his head on a few challenges maybe he would be considered the best, maybe if Kenny didn't violate a female he would've added more wins to his resume, and maybe if Darrell and Landon stuck around they would be right there.  The fact is they all didn't.  Nobody has dominated this game for a longer period than Bananas.  Bananas is the most well rounded competitor.  He had weak cardio on Rivals II, so what he did was focused on cardio and won Free Agents.  Man I really hate him, but I will give him credit for what he has done.

JL81790 wrote:

WesandCT wrote:Yeah you guys are honestly right.  Everyone talks a big game (except a few), and then align themselves with Bananas when the time comes.  Setting up a deal where you are the power team and are revealing your current alliance's dirt just to have a better chance at getting 3rd place (which is far from guaranteed to get to the final) is a mix of a scared move by Dario and great presence by Bananas to take advantage.  Whether you think this was more of Bananas doing well this season or Dario being scared it doesn't matter.  The smarter guy got what he wanted from that sit down.  

I hate Bananas because my two favorites are Wes and CT obviously, but there is no denying that Bananas is the best of all time.  He has the most wins in Challenge history.  If Wes kept working out maybe he'd be in that discussion too, if CT didn't lose his head on a few challenges maybe he would be considered the best, maybe if Kenny didn't violate a female he would've added more wins to his resume, and maybe if Darrell and Landon stuck around they would be right there.  The fact is they all didn't.  Nobody has dominated this game for a longer period than Bananas.  Bananas is the most well rounded competitor.  He had weak cardio on Rivals II, so what he did was focused on cardio and won Free Agents.  Man I really hate him, but I will give him credit for what he has done. 

I 100% agree with this statement. I can't stand the guy but he is the best to ever do these shows.

WesandCT wrote:

This is one of the main reasons I want Cara back—she’s one of the few people who consistently gun for Bananas.

JL81790 wrote:

WesandCT wrote:Yeah you guys are honestly right.  Everyone talks a big game (except a few), and then align themselves with Bananas when the time comes.  Setting up a deal where you are the power team and are revealing your current alliance's dirt just to have a better chance at getting 3rd place (which is far from guaranteed to get to the final) is a mix of a scared move by Dario and great presence by Bananas to take advantage.  Whether you think this was more of Bananas doing well this season or Dario being scared it doesn't matter.  The smarter guy got what he wanted from that sit down.  

This is one of the main reasons I want Cara back—she’s one of the few people who consistently gun for Bananas.

Cara's problem is that she plays a sloppy political game and a lot of the cast don't actually like her. She had a voice on Bloodlines because of Abe and on Free Agents because the Boston Alliance itself was anti-Bananas and isn't anymore. The person who would actually be a threat is Wes if Wes actually cared about trying still. Right now, aside from swimming, he can't physically hang with Johnny anymore and has to try to pull strings and get other people to do his dirty work because he knows in elimination rounds (which have never involved swimming) Johnny would probably beat him heads up like 7/10 times. It's also the reason people are so willing to leave his alliance this season because they see that his team has low odds of winning and he doesn't offer any protection. If he could be a physical force again to match his mouth it would actually make the show more interesting. He's been physically in decline since the Ruins. The cardio went first (Fresh Meat 2, Rivals) and then the muscles followed. His lack of training is understandable considering his work schedule but unless he can get it back together a little bit I don't see him winning again unless he gets a great partner and Nany isn't that. 

AlwaysAMess wrote:

JL81790 wrote:

Cara's problem is that she plays a sloppy political game and a lot of the cast don't actually like her. She had a voice on Bloodlines because of Abe and on Free Agents because the Boston Alliance itself was anti-Bananas and isn't anymore. The person who would actually be a threat is Wes if Wes actually cared about trying still. Right now, aside from swimming, he can't physically hang with Johnny anymore and has to try to pull strings and get other people to do his dirty work because he knows in elimination rounds (which have never involved swimming) Johnny would probably beat him heads up like 7/10 times. It's also the reason people are so willing to leave his alliance this season because they see that his team has low odds of winning and he doesn't offer any protection. If he could be a physical force again to match his mouth it would actually make the show more interesting. He's been physically in decline since the Ruins. The cardio went first (Fresh Meat 2, Rivals) and then the muscles followed. His lack of training is understandable considering his work schedule but unless he can get it back together a little bit I don't see him winning again unless he gets a great partner and Nany isn't that.  

the bolded is what I find stupid of cast members to think. Have they seen Exes2? Wes is still capable of performing amazing and beating out Bananas. Had the stupid exile twist never existed Wes would have won. His alliance on Exes 2 was strong and people were right for being on his side 

JL81790 wrote:

AlwaysAMess wrote:

JL81790 wrote:

the bolded is what I find stupid of cast members to think. Have they seen Exes2? Wes is still capable of performing amazing and beating out Bananas. Had the stupid exile twist never existed Wes would have won. His alliance on Exes 2 was strong and people were right for being on his side 

Not to metion that if they run to Backpack he'll more than likely screw them. Backpack has Vince and Leroy and that's all whom he's going to really look out for. Anyone else is going to be cut at some point.

People need to start making their own alliances and not just flock to Wes and Backpack thinking it'll get them somewhere.

JL81790 wrote:

AlwaysAMess wrote:

JL81790 wrote:

Wes looked pretty good on Exes 2 but the issue with challenges like that (Rivals 3, Fresh Meat) is that a lot of it relies on your girl. Theresa was the most athletic girl on that show. She had the best cardio of the girls. Of the 3 challenges they won, one was swimming and one was cardio. It's similar to Laurel and Kenny on Fresh Meat. I'm a Kenny fan but is he better than Landon or Darrell? No...but he shitstomped that entire season until the final because his partner was the best girl and he just had to show up and not do poorly. Not to say Kenny or Wes had bad showings either of those seasons, but it's easier to be good when you don't have to worry about being good AND picking up someone else's slack. This season, Wes gets a middle of the pack partner and not only have they not won, but they've been in the bottom half for what? All but one challenge? There's no incentive to be aligned with him especially in a game where only the winning team has power. 

HonestTea101 wrote:

JL81790 wrote:

AlwaysAMess wrote:
JL81790 wrote:

Wes looked pretty good on Exes 2 but the issue with challenges like that (Rivals 3, Fresh Meat) is that a lot of it relies on your girl. Theresa was the most athletic girl on that show. She had the best cardio of the girls. Of the 3 challenges they won, one was swimming and one was cardio. It's similar to Laurel and Kenny on Fresh Meat. I'm a Kenny fan but is he better than Landon or Darrell? No...but he shitstomped that entire season until the final because his partner was the best girl and he just had to show up and not do poorly. Not to say Kenny or Wes had bad showings either of those seasons, but it's easier to be good when you don't have to worry about being good AND picking up someone else's slack. This season, Wes gets a middle of the pack partner and not only have they not won, but they've been in the bottom half for what? All but one challenge? There's no incentive to be aligned with him.

Bascially He can't win so noone is goint to stick with him.

I feel like the Best Moments will be wack lol, too current moments. But it all depends on whos on the panel

and Sarah is fake as ****! Did all that bashing preseason and now they're besties? They never had that strong of a rival, all forced this season.

I feel like the Best Moments will be wack lol, too current moments. But it all depends on whos on the panel

i think it's the same people as the challenge survival guide

I knew their ***** were acting lmaooo

its the same people as survival guide I believe

and Sarah is fake as ****! Did all that bashing preseason and now they're besties? They never had that strong of a rival, all forced this season.

i think she played the post rivals stuff up..but that was probably a little too much given the stuff she was saying.  i dont think they faked their issues with issues with each other..i think johnny was genuinely upset with her.

Ain't nobody checking for that John/Sarah segment lol.

They should've done another topic.

El Scorcho wrote:

boncat23 wrote:This is bullshit for the people who don't want spoilers.... 

Then learn to read and don't come into the thread titled The Challenge: Rivals 3 (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

lmao I meant the fact that MTV showed it in their previews. I think I know this is a spoiler discussion bud! 

My bad then. 

I think Landon, Frank S, Darrell, CT are all better than Bananas. Maybe even Leroy. 

Fact that he has no life and thanks to that lot of wins, does not mean he is best ever.

I think Landon, Frank S, Darrell, CT are all better than Bananas. Maybe even Leroy. Fact that he has no life and thanks to that lot of wins, does not mean he is best ever.

All of those people are better athletes than Johnny no question. Overall at the challenge? Absolutely not. Frank had a chance but Landon plays a shit political game, Darrell doesn't even PLAY a political game and CT has no composure even though he's better now than he was. And Leroy? Two finals and can't swim and just tries to hang onto Johnny's coatails? He's a better overall player at the challenge than a guy who's made it to at least the second to last elimination 11/13 times? Ok.  

kollanekoer wrote:

I think Landon, Frank S, Darrell, CT are all better than Bananas. Maybe even Leroy. Fact that he has no life and thanks to that lot of wins, does not mean he is best ever.

All of those people are better athletes than Johnny no question. Overall at the challenge? Absolutely not. Frank had a chance but Landon plays a shit political game, Darrell doesn't even PLAY a political game and CT has no composure even though he's better now than he was. And Leroy? Two finals and can't swim and just tries to hang onto Johnny's coatails? He's a better overall player at the challenge than a guy who's made it to at least the second to last elimination 11/13 times? Ok.  

That's just not true.. 

i can't stand bananas but let's cut the "oh he needs a real job" bullshit.  You can always get a job, the challenge isn't going to be around forever and he's getting a huge appearance fee for just showing up, along with the money he ends up winning. Who wouldn't rather take free vacations around the world where you know you're going to make money,  over some 9-5 job. 

I am kinda mad that they put Frank and Bananas into team for Rivals. I think he would have been one of the people who would go against him.

Pages