The Challenge: State of the Culture

1355 posts / 0 new
Last post

I feel so bad for Mama Day smmfh ALL she is wanting to do is to change narratives yet it's been twice now where she's been thrown under the bus by the other one who's supposed to be helping her do that.... gotdamn shame.

wait what happened?

Graphik wrote:

I feel so bad for Mama Day smmfh ALL she is wanting to do is to change narratives yet it's been twice now where she's been thrown under the bus by the other one who's supposed to be helping her do that.... gotdamn shame.

wait what happened?

Day released a three part video last night.

Can't believe I watched all 3 but def was really insightful. I love how even after all that Day did not want to get into it with Kam in front of the camera for obvious reasons of not wanting them to paint the picture of 2 black girls fighting. She's a real one. 

Can't believe I watched all 3 but def was really insightful. I love how even after all that Day did not want to get into it with Kam in front of the camera for obvious reasons of not wanting them to paint the picture of 2 black girls fighting. She's a real one. 

I feel so bad for Mama Day smmfh ALL she is wanting to do is to change narratives yet it's been twice now where she's been thrown under the bus by the other one who's supposed to be helping her do that.... gotdamn shame.

I thought this thread was talking about Joe Budden’s revolt show, but I digress.  Yalls “Queen” Kam was told by Day and Leroy to stop showing out and having blowups with them on camera.  They told her it’s not a good look for the black folks to be feeding the stereotypes and what not, especially on MTV.  She never gave a F.  I’m glad that haven’t aired her arguments with Day, but by my understanding that happened pretty regularly.  Same with Leroy, when she felt she was loosing his attention.  They were all supposed to ban together and their teams were supposed to take care of each other, but the “Queen” only cared about the “Queen” smh

Yikes, once again not surprising. Atleast Day tried. Hopefully they cast more strong black women who are smart and Day can align with them. I see what she’s trhing to do and I love it, so I want it to happen.

At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.

That’s the extent of energy I’m giving this

At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.That’s the extent of energy I’m giving this

This may seem really random,  but i wanted to let you know that i think you tend to have pretty sound opinions. i don't weigh in as much as i used to but i agree with you most of the time

Did bear's joke about tying da'vonne up because he was ***** bother you? 

I'm listening to the you killed it podcast, and john (white guy) just said "speaking to other white people, don't make jokes about tying black people up with chains", and later on "i do think that the comment he made about the chains probably put her in a negative headspace"

I don't see it? to me it was clearly a sexual joke, and da'vonne has stated that she would never do anything sexual (or even kiss anyone) on tv and she's not attracted to bear, that's why she didn't like it, idk why he's assuming she immediately thought of slavery

Did bear's joke about tying da'vonne up because he was ***** bother you? I'm listening to the you killed it podcast, and john (white guy) just said "speaking to other white people, don't make jokes about tying black people up with chains", and later on "i do think that the comment he made about the chains probably put her in a negative headspace"I don't see it? to me it was clearly a sexual joke, and da'vonne has stated that she would never do anything sexual (or even kiss anyone) on tv and she's not attracted to bear, that's why she didn't like it, idk why he's assuming she immediately thought of slavery

Probably different cultural framing. John is Canadian and he sees a Brit talking to an African American Woman. 

TuesDaze wrote:

At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.That’s the extent of energy I’m giving this

This may seem really random,  but i wanted to let you know that i think you tend to have pretty sound opinions. i don't weigh in as much as i used to but i agree with you most of the time

just now seeing this, thank you ❤️

At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.That’s the extent of energy I’m giving this

Child at 20 something ???? You must kidding right ???

TuesDaze wrote:

At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.That’s the extent of energy I’m giving this

Child at 20 something ???? You must kidding right ???

what do we gain from this interaction? Save from extreme things yes you aren’t mature at 23/24. You’re still figuring out who you are in comparison to Leroy and DaVonne who are 30+ 

they are on two completely different levels of thinking, two different stages of their lives. 

DanishBoy wrote:

TuesDaze wrote:At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.That’s the extent of energy I’m giving this

Child at 20 something ???? You must kidding right ???

what do we gain from this interaction? Save from extreme things yes you aren’t mature at 23/24. You’re still figuring out who you are in comparison to Leroy and DaVonne who are 30+ they are on two completely different levels of thinking, two different stages of their lives. 

Really ??? So basically a person who is 23/24 still doesn’t know right from wrong ??? I don’t know who and how anyone could believe this. 

By this logic, a racist White boy who is 19 could come to me, call me the N-word but I should understand and forgive him, because he’s still young and immature ??? I’m sorry, I like your posts usually, but this last one is tremendously ridiculous !

Leroy almost a decade older than Kam & done fell in love lawd.....she put that "dutty wine" on him & got his head gone ROFLROFL

Queen Kam does listen to Spice and whatnot....I surely wouldn't mind if she put it on me either. Smile

TuesDaze wrote:

DanishBoy wrote:

TuesDaze wrote:At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.That's the extent of energy I'm giving this

Child at 20 something ???? You must kidding right ???

what do we gain from this interaction? Save from extreme things yes you aren't mature at 23/24. You're still figuring out who you are in comparison to Leroy and DaVonne who are 30+ they are on two completely different levels of thinking, two different stages of their lives. 

Really ??? So basically a person who is 23/24 still doesn't know right from wrong ??? I don't know who and how anyone could believe this. By this logic, a racist White boy who is 19 could come to me, call me a ****** but I should understand and forgive me, because he's still and immature ??? I'm sorry, I like your posts usually, but this last one is tremendously ridiculous !

you literally described the extreme shit I was talking Danish. Don’t play with me. You come into this thread of all threads and compare Racism to my point about Kam being immature in comparison to people 10 years older than her? 

Look you are CLEARLY passionate about getting whatever point you have across because you sat in her thread for days repeating the same thing, but what you won’t be doing is lazily throwing racism into a straw man argument. I said that was the extent of the energy I was giving the situation and that’s that. 

Leroy almost a decade older than Kam & done fell in love lawd.....she put that "dutty wine" on him & got his head gone ROFL :))))Queen Kam does listen to Spice and whatnot....I surely wouldn't mind if she put it on me either. Smile

LolLolLol

DanishBoy wrote:

TuesDaze wrote:

DanishBoy wrote:
TuesDaze wrote:At times I be forgetting Kam is an actual Child. A young 20 something...imma hope she grows from this and learns.That's the extent of energy I'm giving this

Child at 20 something ???? You must kidding right ???

what do we gain from this interaction? Save from extreme things yes you aren't mature at 23/24. You're still figuring out who you are in comparison to Leroy and DaVonne who are 30+ they are on two completely different levels of thinking, two different stages of their lives. 

Really ??? So basically a person who is 23/24 still doesn't know right from wrong ??? I don't know who and how anyone could believe this. By this logic, a racist White boy who is 19 could come to me, call me a ****** but I should understand and forgive me, because he's still and immature ??? I'm sorry, I like your posts usually, but this last one is tremendously ridiculous !

you literally described the extreme **** I was talking Danish. Don't play with me. You come into this thread of all threads and compare Racism to my point about Kam being immature in comparison to people 10 years older than her? Look you are CLEARLY passionate about getting whatever point you have across because you sat in her thread for days repeating the same thing, but what you won't be doing is lazily throwing racism into a straw man argument. I said that was the extent of the energy I was giving the situation and that's that. 

No, if because an individual is still young and immature at 23/24 like you claimed, then it works for EVERYTHING, even the extreme, because how can you judge what a 19 years old saying the N-word fully knows what he saying since he’s still young and immature ?

 This is why it was to dangerous to say what you said, even though I know where you initially coming from. 

This is a little much. But until’ TD pointed it out I forgot how young Kam really was. Day is automatically gonna be more mature than her because she has a child, plus you throw her age in the mix then mentally they are both gonna think differently. Do I think Kam was still wack in some shit that happened, yes. But to even use racism as your argument is honestly ridiculous.

This is a little much. But until' TD pointed it out I forgot how young Kam really was. Day is automatically gonna be more mature than her because she has a child, plus you throw her age in the mix then mentally they are both gonna think differently. Do I think Kam was still wack in some **** that happened, yes. But to even use racism as your argument is honestly ridiculous.

Kam was immature and that’s actually right, I agree with that. However, to make the link between her actions with her age is ridiculous !!! 

Johnny is 36 and still tremendously immature !!! My initial point was that her age had nothing to do with her actions hence why I used the young racist boy analogy to emphasize that point. 

Did bear's joke about tying da'vonne up because he was ***** bother you? I'm listening to the you killed it podcast, and john (white guy) just said "speaking to other white people, don't make jokes about tying black people up with chains", and later on "i do think that the comment he made about the chains probably put her in a negative headspace"I don't see it? to me it was clearly a sexual joke, and da'vonne has stated that she would never do anything sexual (or even kiss anyone) on tv and she's not attracted to bear, that's why she didn't like it, idk why he's assuming she immediately thought of slavery

Yeah day wouldn't have been quiet if it was about slavery lol.

Kam & Day maturity levels have minimum to do with their age & more to do with their life experiences. Day has experienced more and you can tell and has a daughter and see life a little different than Kam. Her telling her black women fighting on television wasn’t a good look came from experience not just age.

the.trillest wrote:

This is a little much. But until' TD pointed it out I forgot how young Kam really was. Day is automatically gonna be more mature than her because she has a child, plus you throw her age in the mix then mentally they are both gonna think differently. Do I think Kam was still wack in some **** that happened, yes. But to even use racism as your argument is honestly ridiculous.

Kam was immature and that’s actually right, I agree with that. However, to make the link between her actions with her age is ridiculous !!! Johnny is 36 and still tremendously immature !!! My initial point was that her age had nothing to do with her actions hence why I used the young racist boy analogy to emphasize that point. 

Age and maturity aren't always linked, but they typically are. Someone could be in their fourties and still be immature af while someone can be a teenager yet very mature for their age. Ideally most people mature as they get older and learn from their mistakes. Johnny's an example of someone that's never matured.

DanishBoy wrote:

the.trillest wrote:This is a little much. But until' TD pointed it out I forgot how young Kam really was. Day is automatically gonna be more mature than her because she has a child, plus you throw her age in the mix then mentally they are both gonna think differently. Do I think Kam was still wack in some **** that happened, yes. But to even use racism as your argument is honestly ridiculous.

Kam was immature and that’s actually right, I agree with that. However, to make the link between her actions with her age is ridiculous !!! Johnny is 36 and still tremendously immature !!! My initial point was that her age had nothing to do with her actions hence why I used the young racist boy analogy to emphasize that point. 

Age and maturity aren't always linked, but they typically are. Someone could be in their fourties and still be immature af while someone can be a teenager yet very mature for their age. Ideally most people mature as they get older and learn from their mistakes. Johnny's an example of someone that's never matured.

DING DING DING !!!!! 

Danish just stop. Its not as black and white as ur tryna make it seem

In some instances Kam is very mature for her age and in others she’s not. Its not hard to understand @Danish

In some instances Kam is very mature for her age and in others she’s not. Its not hard to understand @Danish

Did I say otherwise ??? 

Cochroach wrote:

In some instances Kam is very mature for her age and in others she’s not. Its not hard to understand @Danish

Did I say otherwise ??? 

we didn’t say otherwise at first either baby but you had to project and get a point across nobody was arguing for 

DanishBoy wrote:

Cochroach wrote:In some instances Kam is very mature for her age and in others she’s not. Its not hard to understand @Danish

Did I say otherwise ??? 

we didn’t say otherwise at first either baby but you had to project and get a point across nobody was arguing for 

Pages