The Challenge: Generic Thread

64592 posts / 0 new
Last post

SHOW ME THE DATA!! THE STATS!! THOSE TASTY TIME STAMPS!!!

Finals, eliminations and politics does not count.

Igby wrote:
CT is the undisputed #1 competitor all time. The order of everyone else after him is up for debate.

I think that one is pretty hard to say though because Landon was only on 4 seasons so he doesn't have as much data as CT but I'd think it's definitely between the two of them. Landon/Brittini smashed the competition on Duel 2 and he should've won that elimination. He had a great showing on Gauntlet 2 and Inferno 2 and pulled that win out of nowhere hauling Carley's ass up the mountain on FM2. Wow I just realized he was only on sequel seasons. but yea I still think it's tough to name the number one but I'd say it's between Landon and CT. Top 5 in no order would be Landon, CT, Darrell, Derrick, and John probably with Timmy and Dan S as honorable mentions 

No way John, Timmy and Derrick are top 5 competitors of all time. 

IMO The Elite from guys is Landon, CT, Dan.S, Theo.V, Darrell, Duel 2 Evan and Gauntlet Alton. Derrick can only do physical contact things he is a trainwreck in puzzles, Timmy is close but those I mentioned before are/were all better, and John is a an B+ player in a game filled with C+ players. John only has the amount of wins that he has thanks to being casted everytime and learning from Evan and Kenny.  

Seeing some of these top fives, what are people's criteria for elite here? 

For me Elite is someone who has dominated missions, eliminations or has a good %win rate. Adding the presence and how they influence the game itself. 

Darrell = good %win rate

Landon = awesome %win rate + mission dominance + Carley's milacle (Barely needed to rely on politics )

CT = pure athlete + mission dominance (Barely needed to rely on politics )

etc etc

imallergic wrote:
Igby wrote:CT is the undisputed #1 competitor all time. The order of everyone else after him is up for debate.
I think that one is pretty hard to say though because Landon was only on 4 seasons so he doesn't have as much data as CT but I'd think it's definitely between the two of them. Landon/Brittini smashed the competition on Duel 2 and he should've won that elimination. He had a great showing on Gauntlet 2 and Inferno 2 and pulled that win out of nowhere hauling Carley's ass up the mountain on FM2. Wow I just realized he was only on sequel seasons. but yea I still think it's tough to name the number one but I'd say it's between Landon and CT. Top 5 in no order would be Landon, CT, Darrell, Derrick, and John probably with Timmy and Dan S as honorable mentions 

No way John, Timmy and Derrick are top 5 competitors of all time. IMO The Elite from guys is Landon, CT, Dan.S, Theo.V, Darrell, Duel 2 Evan and Gauntlet Alton. Derrick can only do physical contact things he is a trainwreck in puzzles, Timmy is close but those I mentioned before are/were all better, and John is a an B+ player in a game filled with C+ players. John only has the amount of wins that he has thanks to being casted everytime and learning from Evan and Kenny.  

timmy is an honorable mention bc he did well with a lot of political influence but I don't think he's top 5. Good point about Derrick and puzzles, guess my bias is showing haha. I put John in there bc he's good at finals, missions, and knows how to play the game. I'm not even a John fan but I think his most deserving win was Free Agents which showcased he's solid overall. I was also hesitant to put Dan S in there bc he hasn't competed in any of the modern seasons whereas Derrick and Darrell have done great in all eras. But we can agree to disagree 

Loving or hating Johnny he is elite, great in daily mission, all-round player, politics at its finest, only thing where he is not that good is physical elimination.

I think there are 5 elits - CT, Darrell, Landon, Johnny and Alton. But tier under is crowded with people.

xHollyangel wrote:
imallergic wrote:
Igby wrote:CT is the undisputed #1 competitor all time. The order of everyone else after him is up for debate.
No way John, Timmy and Derrick are top 5 competitors of all time. IMO The Elite from guys is Landon, CT, Dan.S, Theo.V, Darrell, Duel 2 Evan and Gauntlet Alton. Derrick can only do physical contact things he is a trainwreck in puzzles, Timmy is close but those I mentioned before are/were all better, and John is a an B+ player in a game filled with C+ players. John only has the amount of wins that he has thanks to being casted everytime and learning from Evan and Kenny.  

timmy is an honorable mention bc he did well with a lot of political influence but I don't think he's top 5. Good point about Derrick and puzzles, guess my bias is showing haha. I put John in there bc he's good at finals, missions, and knows how to play the game. I'm not even a John fan but I think his most deserving win was Free Agents which showcased he's solid overall. I was also hesitant to put Dan S in there bc he hasn't competed in any of the modern seasons whereas Derrick and Darrell have done great in all eras. But we can agree to disagree 

Oh I see, Im not a John's fan too and I'll admit he is good at finals and mission, overall he is good but I don't really think he is top5 or Elite at all. When putting him on pair with his fellow mates from JEK he is definitely the lowest ranked. Both Kenny and Evan proved first that they could do a season by themselves and still dominate (despise Kenny not winning FM2) and the only deserving win that he had was Free Agents and Rivals 3. Rivals 1 he was lucky that production shortened Kenny/Wes lead by 2 minutes and Exes he was once again lucky that CT gassed out. The thing is, production always gives him the tools to be the top player that he supposedly is and that's what sucks about him (and his personality as a whole). 

But yeah I guess you are right about Dan.S and maybe even Theo because they didn't had 2 day finals back in the day and the challenge is way harder now. 

I feel like finals are more difficult now but there are a lot of missions back then that require much more skill and being fearless, simple/basic but difficult. I want them to go back to the days where they rock climbed, rappell, climb a rope, race up a ladder/platform, hold on to something or dangle from something the longest, swim a distance, do an obstacle, bungee jump hand cuffed and uncuff yourself, etc. Why does it feel like they don't do any of these things anymore? lol

Kenny’s performance on Fresh Meat 2 is overrated imo. He’s just lucky he had Laurel as a partner, which is why they dominated the season and only went into elimination once. Several other alumni males would have dominated had they had Laurel as their partner.

Kenny’s performance on Fresh Meat 2 is overrated imo. He’s just lucky he had Laurel as a partner, which is why they dominated the season and only went into elimination once. Several other alumni males would have dominated had they had Laurel as their partner.

I agree.

I feel like finals are more difficult now but there are a lot of missions back then that require much more skill and being fearless, simple/basic but difficult. I want them to go back to the days where they rock climbed, rappell, climb a rope, race up a ladder/platform, hold on to something or dangle from something the longest, swim a distance, do an obstacle, bungee jump hand cuffed and uncuff yourself, etc. Why does it feel like they don't do any of these things anymore? lol

Because they don't.

Did susie got a boobjob

Igby wrote:
CT is the undisputed #1 competitor all time. The order of everyone else after him is up for debate.

CT is the best competitor all time, its a statistical fact!

-Best individual performer on the Inferno

-Best individual performer on the Inferno 2

-Best individual performer on the Duel

-Has won a record 9 lifeshields

-Has a 4-1 record in one on one elimination rounds

Only Theo Von is second to CT in overall individual performance. Theo Von was also the best individual male performer on three seasons, Battle of the Seasons, The Gauntlet and Battle of the Sexes 2. CT, Theo Von, Landon, Dan Setzler and Mark make up the top five all time.

wutzrenzi wrote:

Because they don't.

Exactly, which is why I hate when people act like the challenges back then ẃere all carnival games. Half these people today would chicken out or flop on some of the stunts they had to do back then.

Honorable mention should be Abram imo

Igby wrote:

Landon > CT

CT outperformed Landon overall on the Inferno 2 and was the best individual male performer statistically on three seasons. CT is the best male performer statistically in daily missions in the history of The Challenge (only Theo Von comes close), and has a winning elimination round record when facing an opponent one on one (4-1 record). Landon is NOT better than CT, plain and simple.

imallergic wrote:

1. CT

2. Theo Von

3. Landon

4. Dan Setzler

5. Mark

6. Evan

7. Derrick

8. The Miz

9. Abram

10. Brad

Alton, Darrell, Bananas and Wes round out the top fifteen all time. Timmy is nowhere near the top ten, he was too inconsistent in daily missions. At his best he was a beast for sure, but consistency wise he didn't have it.

Mines is based off individual performance/stats in missions and elimination rounds. The only things that matter when ranking competitors.

Debut Album wrote:
wutzrenzi wrote:I feel like finals are more difficult now but there are a lot of missions back then that require much more skill and being fearless, simple/basic but difficult. I want them to go back to the days where they rock climbed, rappell, climb a rope, race up a ladder/platform, hold on to something or dangle from something the longest, swim a distance, do an obstacle, bungee jump hand cuffed and uncuff yourself, etc. Why does it feel like they don't do any of these things anymore? lol
Because they don't.

Exactly, which is why I hate when people act like the challenges back then ẃere all carnival games. Half these people today would chicken out or flop on some of the stunts they had to do back then.

I don't think so. I think alot of people who are on the show now would've done fine back then.

But I do agree with you though. The challenges of today are more extreme than back then but that didn't mean they were easy carnival games. Alot of them involved several different skills, some that you still need today honestly.

imallergic wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
imallergic wrote:

Oh I see, Im not a John's fan too and I'll admit he is good at finals and mission, overall he is good but I don't really think he is top5 or Elite at all. When putting him on pair with his fellow mates from JEK he is definitely the lowest ranked. Both Kenny and Evan proved first that they could do a season by themselves and still dominate (despise Kenny not winning FM2) and the only deserving win that he had was Free Agents and Rivals 3. Rivals 1 he was lucky that production shortened Kenny/Wes lead by 2 minutes and Exes he was once again lucky that CT gassed out. The thing is, production always gives him the tools to be the top player that he supposedly is and that's what sucks about him (and his personality as a whole). But yeah I guess you are right about Dan.S and maybe even Theo because they didn't had 2 day finals back in the day and the challenge is way harder now. 

Dan and Theo (assuming they're still in good shape) would be the best overall competitors right now other than CT. Shane debunked the new generation challenge fan's view that elite old school competitors couldn't perform well in the new generation (because of the missiosn and finals being more physically demanding). Shane is a middle in the pack competitor from the old school (not elite like Dan and Theo) but was the best overall competitor for the Challengers on Invasions.

I was thinking for kicks and it may not even be 100% accurate but just for fun... What if someone did a metacritic style ranking of these competitors, just based on stats and not opinion.

(Just an example)
Finals:
Individual Challenge
1st Place = 10 points
2nd Place = 8 points
3rd place = 6 points

Team/Pair Challenge
1st Place = 8 points
2nd Place = 6 points
3rd place = 4 points

Mission:
win solo = 5 points
win pair = 3 points
win team = 1 point

Eliminations:
win solo = 5 points
win pair = 3 points

Other:
Life savers, shields, inner circles, etc. = Bonus points

add up the scores and that'll determine tiers. ex. 81 - 100 = tier 1, 61 - 80 = tier 2 , 40 - 60 = tier 3, etc.

And then after stats we can do a little countdown where politics and impact can come into play alongside the metascore and the positions can adjust a little to have opinions be considered.

Invasion's format was messy as shit but I think one bright spot about it is that the champs only could battle the champs and underdogs fight underdogs. Had they had the champs vs Underdogs it'd be a Ruins 2.0. Not trying to see that.

i wouldn't call it a Ruins 2.0 because the champs were beating the challengers in the all of the missions except for one. i think it would be more like the Inferno 2. 

xHollyangel wrote:
imallergic wrote:

1. CT2. Theo Von3. Landon4. Dan Setzler5. Mark6. Evan7. Derrick8. The Miz9. Abram10. Brad

Alton, Darrell, Bananas and Wes round out the top fifteen all time. Timmy is nowhere near the top ten, he was too inconsistent in daily missions. At his best he was a beast for sure, but consistency wise he didn't have it. 

if Alton didn't flop on BOTS 2012 he would have taken Brad's spot.

Though I wouldn't put bananas in a top 5. I do feel his free agents win did earn him elite status 

that backpack elimination = malus points 

But yeah, imo he's definitely elite, very well-rounded competitor.

BabyGOAT wrote:

Mines is based off individual performance/stats in missions and elimination rounds. The only things that matter when ranking competitors.

How convenient that you completely disregard the final.  You know, the part of the challenge where people win the most money, work the hardest, and that your fave CT has flopped at in the past.  Give me a break.

Igby wrote:
BabyGOAT wrote:Seeing some of these top fives, what are people's criteria for elite here? 

How convenient that you completely disregard the final.  You know, the part of the challenge where people win the most money, work the hardest, and that your fave CT has flopped at in the past.  Give me a break.

Agree. Lgby your data is biased at least admit that. How can you blantely say that CT has a better elimination record than Landon but not mention their wins/final performances? Are you serious? lol Landon is the best performer of the challenge, he is the most complete out of all elite players, sure CT might have had the best individual performances but he has 1 win in his career and it wasn't even individually. I know that wins alone don't count or else John would be the best ever but Landon is in fact the best. 

Anyway I believe that Abe is also near Elite level if not Elite, I'm still bitter that he had to be carried out in a stretcher on Cutthroat and that after that season they just brought him back to have that Cara Maria BS. That shit was cringe and hard to watch because at the time I liked them both (specially Abe) and seeing this guy who is one of the big dogs having this storyline with Cara urgh. Not to mention that he basically joined Bloodlines to help Cara win and he wasn't even gunning for 1st place. I feel that he should at least return one more time but without Cara being on the cast so he can focus on the game. Plus he hates John and like Wes , always goes against him. Abe is probably the catalyst for John's success in the franchise due to Abe leaving the island.

Igby wrote:
BabyGOAT wrote:Seeing some of these top fives, what are people's criteria for elite here? 

By missions I mean finals too! And CT only "flopped" in the Exes final (because he didn't pace himelf). He completed all of his other finals. All you fans who don't rank CT number one have the usual argument of "lack of final wins". You fail to look at overall individual performance in daily missions and elimination rounds.

When did Abram perform so well??

The Gauntlet 1 - he had a bunch of DQ's and never outshined anybody. Teammates were constantly talking bad about his performances and he got votes before some girls.

The Inferno 1 - performed pretty average

BOTS2 - DQ's and eliminated really early

Inferno 2 - beat Brad in an elimination and did decent on missions but not amazing.

I'm sorry but Susie really makes herself older than she actually looks. I'm getting 45 and soccer mom vibes

Pages