The Challenge: War of the Worlds II Discussion (SPOILERS) - Part 2

10537 posts / 0 new
Last post

People think Backpack is a GOAT? I have to laugh.

It's laughable you don't think he's in the discussion.  His performance these last 6 seasons definitely bring him back to the pack.  But he is without a doubt in the conversation with Landon, Darrell, Jordan, CT.  Bananas win in Free Agents was a pretty big mic drop win at the time.  First ever individual challenge... wins.  Bananas needs one more win now to take that top spot back.  

he had literally all his friends casted on the island and was such a **** he still almost went home and would've had not abram had to go home. That puts him on the Challengers for ruins which is an automatic L. That takes us to Exes where mark threw an Elim for him. And then rivals where Adam threw an Elim for him and on top of that production quite literally just robbed Wes and Kenny to make it closer cause it wasn't even remotely close. Free agents he gets credit for. And then we have rivals 3 with a weak *** cast and he still had to cheat (take unprescribed adderall) to beat Sarah. 

On top of that he's proven his endurance is shot, he can't physically beat most of these guys, and his puzzles and strategy and politics, all shot. So no, he's not even remotely close to the discussion for GOAT. 

It is widely agreed on and true that Bananas is not the GOAT, but I think it’s crazy to say that he’s not top 5, or at least top 10. It’s true that had Abram not left, he may not have won the Island, or had Darrell not DQ’d, he may not have won Ruins, but you can’t take wins away from him simply because he had friends or good partners. That’s part of the game. Also, if we are going to credit Cara for simply MAKING 7 finals, then we certainly have to credit John for WINNING 6 of them.

Heres how I think the top 10 rounds out:

1a - Jordan

1b - Landon

1c - Darrell

4 - CT

5a - Johnny

5b - Derrick

7a - Kenny

7b - Evan

9 - Wes

10 - Alton

I think that Jordan’s wins are more impressive than Landon’s and Darrell’s. Also, Darrell has made some very early exits which Landon and Jordan have not. Furthermore, I think Jordan and Landon have a mental edge over Darrell. Derrick is below Johnny simply because his body of work is confined almost entirely to the team era, although his performance in XXX was great, he wasn’t really tested until there were 6 people left. Still, getting to the final in XXX despite a decade-long hiatus gets him ranked ahead of Kenny, who also has 3 wins in the team era .

Kenny ranks above Evan due to his ridiculous ability to constantly make finals, albeit in the team era. Evan’s performance on Rivals loses him points for me, despite his big win in Duel 2. Wes has gone out early too many times to rank above JEK, particularly when you take into account that Wes’ only truly great final performance was in The Duel. Alton quitting in his last season loses him many points from me. 

I’ll post my female rankings later but I think they are much more cut and dry. 

I certainly will take credit away from him when the only way he can win his 6/20 seasons when 3 of the seasons are widely considered jokes (island, ruins, rivals 3), or he’s cheating (exes, rivals, rivals 3). The guy is out here losing eliminations people are set to throw for him for god’s sake. Certainly not top 10.  

And not including turbo who just won the hardest final of all time in his rookie season is dumb too. Turbo is already top 10. Bananas going like 1-10 in eliminations since rivals 3 automatically knocks him down to maybe top 20. 

I hope Wes is the one who begs to face Bear just to laugh when Bear beats him in Balls in

Or bear begs to face Wes and beats him. Either way is epic lol

People think Backpack is a GOAT? I have to laugh.

It's laughable you don't think he's in the discussion.  His performance these last 6 seasons definitely bring him back to the pack.  But he is without a doubt in the conversation with Landon, Darrell, Jordan, CT.  Bananas win in Free Agents was a pretty big mic drop win at the time.  First ever individual challenge... wins.  Bananas needs one more win now to take that top spot back.  

he had literally all his friends casted on the island and was such a **** he still almost went home and would've had not abram had to go home. That puts him on the Challengers for ruins which is an automatic L. That takes us to Exes where mark threw an Elim for him. And then rivals where Adam threw an Elim for him and on top of that production quite literally just robbed Wes and Kenny to make it closer cause it wasn't even remotely close. Free agents he gets credit for. And then we have rivals 3 with a weak *** cast and he still had to cheat (take unprescribed adderall) to beat Sarah. 

On top of that he's proven his endurance is shot, he can't physically beat most of these guys, and his puzzles and strategy and politics, all shot. So no, he's not even remotely close to the discussion for GOAT. 

It is widely agreed on and true that Bananas is not the GOAT, but I think it’s crazy to say that he’s not top 5, or at least top 10. It’s true that had Abram not left, he may not have won the Island, or had Darrell not DQ’d, he may not have won Ruins, but you can’t take wins away from him simply because he had friends or good partners. That’s part of the game. Also, if we are going to credit Cara for simply MAKING 7 finals, then we certainly have to credit John for WINNING 6 of them.

Heres how I think the top 10 rounds out:

1a - Jordan

1b - Landon

1c - Darrell

4 - CT

5a - Johnny

5b - Derrick

7a - Kenny

7b - Evan

9 - Wes

10 - Alton

I think that Jordan’s wins are more impressive than Landon’s and Darrell’s. Also, Darrell has made some very early exits which Landon and Jordan have not. Furthermore, I think Jordan and Landon have a mental edge over Darrell. Derrick is below Johnny simply because his body of work is confined almost entirely to the team era, although his performance in XXX was great, he wasn’t really tested until there were 6 people left. Still, getting to the final in XXX despite a decade-long hiatus gets him ranked ahead of Kenny, who also has 3 wins in the team era .

Kenny ranks above Evan due to his ridiculous ability to constantly make finals, albeit in the team era. Evan’s performance on Rivals loses him points for me, despite his big win in Duel 2. Wes has gone out early too many times to rank above JEK, particularly when you take into account that Wes’ only truly great final performance was in The Duel. Alton quitting in his last season loses him many points from me. 

I’ll post my female rankings later but I think they are much more cut and dry. 

I certainly will take credit away from him when the only way he can win his 6/20 seasons when 3 of the seasons are widely considered jokes (island, ruins, rivals 3), or he’s cheating (exes, rivals, rivals 3). The guy is out here losing eliminations people are set to throw for him for god’s sake. Certainly not top 10.  

And not including turbo who just won the hardest final of all time in his rookie season is dumb too. Turbo is already top 10. Bananas going like 1-10 in eliminations since rivals 3 automatically knocks him down to maybe top 20. 

LOL. The guy has six wins. Period. Were all of Kenny and Derrick’s wins also a joke since their friends were all there as well? On the Ruins, John did have a moderately impressive elimination win against Dunbar. Having friends is part of the game. Was Rivals 3 basically set up for John to win? Probably. But hey, Cara was set up to win Bloodlines. Wes and Kenny were set up to win Rivals but Wes died. Leroy was essentially set up to win Exes 2 until his partner sexually assaulted Jordan, and then he ran a lackluster final. 

I am am very curious though what you think of the rest of the rankings aside from John. 

First off, Cara nor Leroy were set up to win those seasons.  Bloodlines was set up for John. Exes was set up for Sarah John and/or Wes. 

Second, John isnt top 10. i don't care about the number of wins...never have.  See any post I've made about Ashley

Third, Kenny and Evan were definitely better than John. So was Derrick. So was Mark Long who has never gone home unless he cut a deal with someone for a piece of the prize money. 

Fourth, John earned Free Agents that was an excellent win. The Island was truly a joke which isnt his fault. He was the worst guy on The Ruins to the point where Evan stated he was as worried about John as Susie. Rivals was a good win regardless of the reset but he had to pay off Adam. Exes was a good win but he had to pay off Mark and was lucky Emily didn't have a semi-decent partner. Rivals 3 was a joke

In conclusion, John has an impressive resume but was never elite at any aspect of the game. He was always a solid competitor but the worst in DJEK. He was never overly strategic which is why he hated Susie Rachel Cara and every other girl with a brain. Jenn Sarah and the rest of "his girls" were always more loyal to Kenny and Evan than John. John's not top 10 probably not top 15.  John is basically Dunbar.  I cant stand Brad but Brad was better. 

My rankings or tiers

1-3: Landon Darrell Jordan 

4-8: Alton Evan Kenny CT Derrick

9-12: Mark Brad Frank S (Frank could easily be top 5 if he stayed around)

13-15: Turbo Theo Von Dan Setzler

I don't believe for a second anyone would take John on his prime over any of those people in their prime as partner or teammate. If you would you're lying to yourself. 

Earlier I send John was Dunbar...Adam Larson might be a more apt comparison. 

My rankings or tiers

I don't believe for a second anyone would take John on his prime over any of those people in their prime as partner or teammate. If you would you're lying to yourself. 

Wes > Derrick, Mark And Brad

My rankings or tiers

Wes > Derrick, Mark And Brad

Shit I forgot Wes...thank you. He's in that second group. 

I get that Turbo might not have proven himself in eliminations yet, but he’s pretty great at dailies and winning that final was the hardest thing done on any challenge and that puts him in top 10 already for me. Just like Landon will always be top 3 for overcoming his FM2 partner. 

And I agree that Wes > mark, brad, frank. 

But back to the main point, John isn’t even top 20 I wouldn’t say. Having 6 wins with joke seasons/cheating doesn’t overcome the 13 or 14 seasons he’s performed embarrassingly a lot of the time. 

Put a lot of these people on 20 seasons and they’d have 6+ actual wins. Not wins he had to buy or cheat for. 

Who is the GOAT at this point? Jordan, Landon, or Darrell. Discuss. 

1. Landon 2. Jordan 3. Darrell

i hate to say it but darrell’s return probably knocked him down slightly. He needs a redemption season and I hope they give it to us. 

I stand by the fact that I think Jordan would probably get tossed in most physical eliminations. But given his handicap he’s an unbelievable competitor. 

Landon...winning Fresh Meat 2 with Carley is still the most impressive feat in the history of the show. If Landon would have listened to the rules or if Brad wouldn't have been smart even to throw the ring (how was that legal?) then he would likely be 4 for 4. Landon's just a special athlete.  All that said, you can probably make an argument for all 3 at this point but Landon was consistently great

Ugh the tribunal is back, another season of power tripping the second anyone is up there 

CT would of single-handly beat Jordan in any physical one on one . Especially any hand to hand competition.

CT would of single-handly beat Jordan in any physical one on one . Especially any hand to hand competition.

Big Easy would defeat almost everyone in a hand to hand competition too. The game is so much more than that. Jordan ran circles around CT in XXX. In my opinion, his performance in that final is the greatest of all time, given the busted leg. 

So I'm guessng Theo was pleading to Cara, Paulie and somebody else.. who he wants to face and THATS where they took the oppurtunity to throw in Jordan hoping Theo would take him out?

I’m going to have to see how this season pans out because it seems hella weird and too soon calling Jordan one of the greats even though he has a good win-lose ratio. 

Also, Landon and Alton gotta be top 2, they we’re just freak of nature’s. I don’t care what the competition was, they were effortless. 

the tribunal set up is ugly, imagine wasting all your breathe just so them **** can just throw in who they want. no thanks

it'll create a messy dynamic tho

I’m going to have to see how this season pans out because it seems hella weird and too soon calling Jordan one of the greats even though he has a good win-lose ratio. 

Also, Landon and Alton gotta be top 2, they we’re just freak of nature’s. I don’t care what the competition was, they were effortless. 

Alton & Landon are probably the best athletes to ever be on the show.

jordan has followed none of t he new cast lmao this is really just business for him lol

jordan has followed none of t he new cast lmao this is really just business for him lol

Kudos to him...get paid and ignore the bullshit.  I hate Jordan but I can respect that

So I'm guessng Theo was pleading to Cara, Paulie and somebody else.. who he wants to face and THATS where they took the oppurtunity to throw in Jordan hoping Theo would take him out?

Big mistake. HUGEEEEE

Kudos to him...get paid and ignore the ********** I hate Jordan but I can respect that

I would say get paid and******** is Jordan's motto. I mean he's had Laurel, Sarah, and Tori. He was averaging almost a hookup a season. 

I get that Turbo might not have proven himself in eliminations yet, but he’s pretty great at dailies and winning that final was the hardest thing done on any challenge and that puts him in top 10 already for me. Just like Landon will always be top 3 for overcoming his FM2 partner. 

And I agree that Wes > mark, brad, frank. 

But back to the main point, John isn’t even top 20 I wouldn’t say. Having 6 wins with joke seasons/cheating doesn’t overcome the 13 or 14 seasons he’s performed embarrassingly a lot of the time. 

Put a lot of these people on 20 seasons and they’d have 6+ actual wins. Not wins he had to buy or cheat for. 

If Turbo is allowed back he could move up rankings but WOTW was setup for UK people since they didn’t have enemies yet and he getting Nany as partner was good since she was never going to be target early, it will be interesting to see what exactly happened in his dq, he could have lot of similarities as early CT where his temper may send him home few times in season where he had high chance to win, the final they prob overdid and if Theo could add he would have won.

Landon...winning Fresh Meat 2 with Carley is still the most impressive feat in the history of the show. If Landon would have listened to the rules or if Brad wouldn't have been smart even to throw the ring (how was that legal?) then he would likely be 4 for 4. Landon's just a special athlete.  All that said, you can probably make an argument for all 3 at this point but Landon was consistently great

Landon is easily #1, you are right about Fresh Meat 2 against a strong team with Carly who was useless, Landon also dominated dallies so he was never in position to be targeted, they should have duel 3 after another season and try get as many strong vets from past along with the new people, I really like individual seasons more since there is so much luck when some people get strong partners and others stuck with stiffs.

Kudos to him...get paid and ignore the ********** I hate Jordan but I can respect that

I would say get paid and******** is Jordan's motto. I mean he's had Laurel, Sarah, and Tori. He was averaging almost a hookup a season. 

Jonna as well.

Jonna as well.

Did him and kailah ever happen too? They were close in dirty 30 early on strangely and not sure if her and mikey were "serious" yet.

Ugh the tribunal is back, another season of power tripping.

Jonna as well.

Did him and kailah ever happen too? They were close in dirty 30 early on strangely and not sure if her and mikey were "serious" yet.

She wanted it too but he chose tori.

Jonna as well.

She wanted it too but he chose tori.

yea he’s more into blondes

Pages