The Challenge: Burn Book (Spoilers)

2335 posts / 0 new
Last post

Debut Album wrote:

spectacular wrote:

Debut Album wrote:
spectacular wrote:Hey Debut, I was reading through this thread and came across your Bananas post and was wondering, why do you think Evelyn deserved to be bullied by him? I watched The Island too and I don't recall her doing anything to deserve such hate.. But that's just me.

What she did to deserve all the shit she got was on Gauntlet 3. The way she handled Coral and just her being awful in general.

I guess you could say that, but Kenny, Evan, etc were equally awful and I didn't see Johnny go off on Kenny during The Island.. But I see your point. 

Well Kenny and Backpack were butt budies so of coures he's not going to go off on him.And yeah..that entire team sans Katie/Beth/Coral were just terrible. I'm so ******* glad they lost.

Nah I was mad they lost because that meant whiney *** Tori, dusty *** Rachel and annoying *** Johanna got the W and they were so gross, especially Rachel. She deserved nothing. I was cool with Frank, Nehemiah and Jill so I didn't mind them getting their share but unfortunately the former three bitches came along with that.. 

Agree with you there. Tori was a horrid bitch and Rachel and Johanna were both useless so I hated that they won but Frank/Jill/Nehemiah got a win so it balanced it out IMO because if anyone on that season deserved the win it was Frank and Jillian.

Marie, Robb, and Latoya is all they'd probably bother with now.

Marie, Robb, and Latoya is all they'd probably bother with now.

And I'd be fine with that too(even though I want to see Trey and Swift back as well).

I want Latoya and Nia on the next challenge so we can get some black girl domination Sad MTV make it happen. 

Debut Album wrote:
THE FACT THAT THEY BANNED ADAM(LAS VEGAS 2) FROM THE FRANCHISE PERIOD.It really sucks that he got banned from the shows. He was great villian on RW and he brought it on his one episode of Rivals. He won a challenge and punched Ty. Not a bad short showing if you ask me. I think he would've been a great character had he been able to do more shows.

He is in law school now lol

Lmaooo a few episodes ago someone under "Adam royer law degree" was leading the fantasy list on mtv, they showed before the episode air.

Anyways, for people tripping about this thread DA asked me before he made it and I personally didnt saw anything wrong with it, I still dont see anything about this thread.

THE FACT THAT THEY KEEP BRINGING BACK CASTMEMBERS CHALLENGE AFTER CHALLENGE.

I know I've kinda touched on this before but I want to talk about this specifically.

I think that this is one of the biggest criticisms of this show for a long *** time and I kinda agree with it. To me this show like this is supposed to have a different-as-possible cast each season. Not the same cast with a few new people here and there. When you cast someone for 10 challenges straight they eventually get old and tired and people get sick of them. One of the biggest reasons I hate Backpack is because we NEVER get a break from him. He's on every show, all the time, as a viewer that shit gets tiring. Same with people like Nany/Camilla/Leroy etc..Just give us a damn break from these people and bring in new people to estalish themselves and what they can bring to the show. Those regulars aren't going to be around forever. Each Generation of Challengers move on at some point.

Another thing is..when you cast the same people for so long people tend to get attached to them and then won't watch without them because now they think the show can't be good without them because they overused them and gave them so much screentime. This is exactly why Seasons 2 failed ratings wise..people didn't watch because those shitty regulars they love so much weren't on it. People got attached and used to them. On top of that they didn't bother to build up the newer RW seasons that were coming in all the time(and a couple of them they underused too) so JEK and their enablers. I feel like with a show like this you can't rely on anyone to carry it because not everyone is going to want to do these shows all their lives.

And the sad thing is..They used to have different casts each season too. The 6 vs 6 era's 4 seasons all had different casts. Then Battle of the Seasons/Sexes/Gauntlet 1 all had casts that were vastly different(there were returning players in all of them but not to the degree that's on now). They should've never stoped doing that. The show would've been better off.

So in conclusion different casts, different storylines etc are the best way to go IMO. Look at VH1's I love Money..they had it right. Same with Bachelor Pad.

NICOLE WITH THE TRANNY MAKEUP

She looks like a transvestite clown with all that makeup on. Stop that please.

I need someone to drag Paula. My edges would never be the same after that TBH 

SOMEONE PLEASE TWEET THIS TO THE CAST OMG IM DEAD FROM THESE POSTSTHIS TEA IS GIVING ME THIRD DEGREE BURNS

MTV Junky wrote:
Debut Album wrote:THE FACT THAT THEY BANNED ADAM(LAS VEGAS 2) FROM THE FRANCHISE PERIOD.It really sucks that he got banned from the shows. He was great villian on RW and he brought it on his one episode of Rivals. He won a challenge and punched Ty. Not a bad short showing if you ask me. I think he would've been a great character had he been able to do more shows.

He is in law school now lol

Lmaooo a few episodes ago someone under "Adam royer law degree" was leading the fantasy list on mtv, they showed before the episode air.Anyways, for people tripping about this thread DA asked me before he made it and I personally didnt saw anything wrong with it, I still dont see anything about this thread.

Precisely. This thread is giving me all kinds orgasmic life

I need someone to drag Paula. My edges would never be the same after that TBH 

You know I was thinking about doing an entry on her. I still might though.

But if you want to you can go ahead and do it. Everyone is welcome to make their own entries.

SHITTY INTROS.

Can MTV not be ******* cheap and lazy and give us an intro that isn't just random clips of the season with the cast posing and shit? I mean seriously. The last decent one was Battle of the Seasons and that's because they had the chants of the original seasons really. I mean remember intros like Battle of the Sexes 1? Inferno 1? THAT shit was awesome. Especially Inferno 1 where they had ******* Yellowcard play a song while Dave Mirra(RIP) BMX his way through the cast while they all smiled and shit and then he's at the end of the credit. Lit as ****. They need to get back to those kinda intros because this garbage ain't cutting it.

The Inferno 2 intro was also pretty awesome. Rivals 1 was the first challenge where we started getting half assed intros just filled with quotes from the show.

Even though the season was awful, I loved The Island's intro. It was nothing out of the ordinary, but I loved the individual shots plus the music would get me so pumped. 

I agree that BOTSexes1 (I still listen to Midtown - Let Go!), Inferno 1 (Yellowcard!), Inferno 2 (Rachel & CT bustin' up in there!) and Gauntlet 1 (remember that song "Everybody wanna be a rockstarrrr, rollin' in a real phat carrrr" or something like that, I could never find it!) all had my favorite intros!

Even though the season was awful, I loved The Island's intro. It was nothing out of the ordinary, but I loved the individual shots plus the music would get me so pumped. 

Shinedown!!!!!!!!! Ftmfw I hated how they reused it for FD4 Tho

SHITTY INTROS.Can MTV not be ******* cheap and lazy and give us an intro that isn't just random clips of the season with the cast posing and shit? I mean seriously. The last decent one was Battle of the Seasons and that's because they had the chants of the original seasons really. I mean remember intros like Battle of the Sexes 1? Inferno 1? THAT shit was awesome. Especially Inferno 1 where they had ******* Yellowcard play a song while Dave Mirra(RIP) BMX his way through the cast while they all smiled and shit and then he's at the end of the credit. Lit as ****. They need to get back to those kinda intros because this garbage ain't cutting it.

Yassss boo you slayed me with this entry.

I agree that BOTSexes1 (I still listen to Midtown - Let Go!), Inferno 1 (Yellowcard!), Inferno 2 (Rachel & CT bustin' up in there!) and Gauntlet 1 (remember that song "Everybody wanna be a rockstarrrr, rollin' in a real phat carrrr" or something like that, I could never find it!) all had my favorite intros!

Yes rock star from gauntlet 1 was epic. I'm glad I finally know who sings Sexes 1 theme. Brb, updating my playlist.

Gauntlet theme song is by Ill Kidd-Donkey Song

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=**********2825AA3c1rZ

I need someone to drag Paula. My edges would never be the same after that TBH 

Damn i miss Paula. Glad she ended on a win.

spectacular wrote:

I need someone to drag Paula. My edges would never be the same after that TBH 

Damn i miss Paula. Glad she ended on a win.

I'm glad she ended on a win too so she doesn't have to come back. I wish Backpack had the same mentality.

Side note: Inferno 1 intro was lit! 

WE'LL BE MILES APARTT

I'LL KEEP YOU DEEP INSIDE

YOU'RE ALWAYS IN MY HEARTTTT

DA do you hate Frank?? If you burned him that would be awesome.

DA do you hate Frank?? If you burned him that would be awesome.

I don't HATE Frank but I don't like him either. Kinda in the middle with him..I was gonna put him in my favorite things thread but then I might put him here. Not sure yet.

DA do you hate Frank?? If you burned him that would be awesome.

mickeyflo24 wrote:

DA do you hate Frank?? If you burned him that would be awesome.

I don't HATE Frank but I don't like him either. Kinda in the middle with him..I was gonna put him in my favorite things thread but then I might put him here. Not sure yet.

can't wait to hear that one.

SAN DIEGO WINNING BATTLE OF THE SEASONS.

I really wanted Cancun or Vegas to win so it just sucked to see a team I didn't really care for win.

spectacular wrote:

I need someone to drag Paula. My edges would never be the same after that TBH 

Damn i miss Paula. Glad she ended on a win.

I wasn't a huge Paula fan when she was around but now that she's gone I miss her a bit mainly for her interviews.

ThatCoralLover wrote:

spectacular wrote:I need someone to drag Paula. My edges would never be the same after that TBH 

Damn i miss Paula. Glad she ended on a win.

I wasn't a huge Paula fan when she was around but now that she's gone I miss her a bit mainly for her interviews.

Her interviews were the best! She was funny at times. She was fun! Always on spring break. Loved how well she worked with her rivals.

Gauntlet theme song is by Ill Kidd-Donkey Songhttps://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=**********2825AA3c1rZ

Glad we could help each other out with the theme songs! Haha I miss those days.

Got permission from DA today to post something here, but

Warning: Get ready to read a lot...

My burn book ...

People being afraid of Bananas and overhyping his wins ...

You know sometimes I get a little confused when people make Banan*** wins better than they actually are (with Darrell too btw). I'm not hating (it's just another opinion), because I can see that he is good and great, but you can't and shouldn't forget that he got really favorited with the set ups and twists in certain phases of the game or in general. The only time, Bananas actually got screwed by something was on Cutthroat and semi screwd over on Bloodlines with his elimination round.The Island and Ruins shouldn't even be questioned why Bananas win isn't impressive. Rivals 1, from day one his *** was pretty much covered the entire time, plus he had Tyler as a partner, the only team were that rivalry was pretty much out of thin air compare to the rest.

The entire season of Rivals 1 w***taged for the hero CT and his quest to become a better guy and the underdog. Eventually Adam screwed him over and threw that elimination round, even though they had a pretty good lead before Adam "collapsed". From day one, the best teams (the mob) had the numbers just of how the teams were made, in a season where the teams decided ... Once Camilla / Theresa and Ty / Brandon were out of the way, the final 3 were clear as day light unless CT beat them in an elimination round and not forget the ridiculous 44 minutes lead shrink. Rumors has it that MTV didn't want Kenny to win it by any means necessary, because of those legal issues with Tonya. There is NO doubt in my mind, Kenny / Wes wins this season by a land slide if they keep this lead.If you think about this, three of his wins were REALLY questionable already where he basically just let his friends do all the work and were luck was "heavily" involved. So already three wins of his that were not as impressive.

But let's keep going.

Exes 1 is no question, best set up for him and the big guys. Weakest team goes in, therefor people play the game safe and avoid putting a strong team against a weak one and the high possibility of the strong team coming back. Let's not forget that Camilla was top 3 girl there, with him, they were easily the best team, because they had no problems with each other, even Camilla said that production made her blow out bigger as it actually was. And she never had a problem with Bananas, they even hooked up multiple times during that season. Why they even got paired up without any real footage, shows you once again why Bananas is production favorite when it comes to getting cast and partners.CT couldn't go after him, because Diem didn't want it, Mark was Leroy before Leroy was Leroy. Ty/Emily were good friends with Bananas from Cutthroat, Paula was Paula. Abram / CM had problems within. And CT/Mark/Bananas/Dunbar had that four people pact and Ty/Emily would have never went after him giving the guys in this pact.The only time, he had to fought was against Mark, but we all know the real tea of that ...Exes 1 finals was a good win for him. CT w***o happy to do the final that he g***ed out. It was moreso CT's own fault than Bananas actually doing something to be afraid of.So once again, he had no bad performance, the other teams just were bad when it mattered or threw the elimination round towards him, he did nothing spectacular here. The only time where Bananas did something first, he got last. Just a reminder.Rivals 2, have you seen this stupid twists with only the opposite sex voting? Pretty much gave away who production wanted to be kept as long as possible.Diem/Paula/Emily/Aneesa/Camilla/Nany  (who he hooked up with right before filming) were the females, easy path, hence why he didn't train hard at all. Frank/Bananas and CT / Wes were sooo safe here, easily top two guys, but there was no team that actually put an effort to go against them.Leroy/Ty and Trey/Zach could've, but they were surprisingly beaten in an elimination round that favorited them.

On Free Agents, this so called "Boston Alliance" (that get refered to so often) never really existed in the first place. CT, Leroy, Bananas and Zach, were the main four, they came to an agreement that they wouldn't go after each other unless there was no other way. Leroy revealed that in one of his podcast interviews with Brandon Nelson (?). Nobody knew who Johnny Reily was in the beginning. They only view him as easy to beat in a final.Since it's an open secret, the reason why a lot of people do those agreements is because the cast gets paid weekly. The range is enormous. People like CT/Bananas/Leroy and Zach at that time (as the next CT) got paid like 1000 - 4000 per week if they survived that week. With paid flight tickets and paid aftershow/reunion. Plus, some get paid a lot just to show up.That is why many people want to keep doing these challenges, get camera time or even do one in the first place, the pay off (if you are a fan fav, bring the drama or a seasoned vet) is huge and easy money really. Another reason why people retire from the retirement. This has nothing to do with really good social game play, it's mostly people knowing that it's about high paid weekly money ...

BMP / MTV should stop to pay them this much, it's crazy how much money they can make just by surviving.Back to Free Agents, Jordan was dumb enough to do his stunt before an elimination round that involved climbing, he went in with the biggest disadvantage once could ever possible think of.His elimination rounds weren't that impressive either, he went against Isaac and Jordan, he wins those elimination rounds against them 9 out of 10 times. Notice how once Jordan was gone nobody went after Bananas? Because of this agreement!Bananas went after CT, because he knew Leroy was the only one capable of sending CT home, the only guy that would have jeopardize his final wins. His puzzle win against CT was a great win. Once Ct was out of the way, Bananas went against Zach and Reily in the finals. It would have been really interesting to see how the finals turns out without them pairing up the genders. I guess in the end Bananas had the luck of the irish, because he got Devyn at the easiest part of the finals of that round, because it had like the hardest puzzle I have seen on the challenge if I remember correctly that slowed the other teams completely down. But I got to give Bananas credit for finding the way the piece got cut and forget about the clues itself to solve the puzzle.Nevertheless, Free Agents finals was where he delivered when it mattered, but the last part that was about cardio again, almost got him again. Reily murdered the last part of the final.Free Agents was the only season where he got a win where he really was targeted.

The next season on Exes 2.

The only time where his partner never was the best girl there, that was Theresa and then Sarah which is why Wes actually was able to make a move and so Sarah. Without that Exile twist if you think that Wes/Leroy wouldn't have been final 2 on Exes 2, you need to cool off your brain for that. Jordan vs Wes. would be a toss up and Theresa wins almost every elimination round against Sarah. Together in Hall Brawl, Wes/Theresa win. So does Leroy against Jordan and Nia vs. Sarah is another toss up. Together in Hall Brawl, Leroy / Nia win. Take into consideration that the next challenge would have been one were people were able to gang up on. Leroy / Wes was rock solid at that point and I even believe that both would have thrown Jay / Jenna into the elimination round, because they were confortable enough to beat Sarah in a final after her "mini finale" performance.Banan***econd time, where he was really challenged in an elimination round physically, he had no chance whatsoever just like with CT.

I just like when people made it out to be that Bananas is a good social player where his "enemies" join him the next season, people always take the infamous Boston Alliance and Jordan or CT here. It's usually their partners and people agreeing that if we don't go after each other, all of them make the most money.

Let's have a look at Bloodlines, the team set up safed him, because the rookies wouldn't go after Bananas, a) Vinny/Jamie were there two best guys and b) the veterans wouldn't go after Bananas, because he was one of the two best guys. Notice how Bananas let Abram take the charge once he came. Abram controlled that house with ease st... Why it was Bananas/Vince vs. Jamie/CM, remains the question though?

About Rivals 3, Bananas has his cousin Vince, they are both one of the best top 3 guys there on paper and they have the best girls there. Once again, strong players are being shielded from making moves against them because of that whole white skull twist where only one team goes in and the other comes back and with the worst team going automatically in.

Now, it seems that people want to beat the "best" to become the best. It's like that stupid "Rookie first" weak move. If you look at those elimination rounds you got to take a chance and take out them and hope the mess up. If you are afraid that they come back and send you in, you admit yourself that you are not that good yourself. If you don't go after Bananas, go after the second best or third best final wise.

Who cares who got last place, send your targets in, every single time if you have the chance, those elimination are almost the entire time rather luck, so why not take your chance, at least there is a chance that the elimination round favors the smaller guy or the underdog.BTW: You know you did a horrible move when your opponent who benefited the most, says so on twitter.

To sum it up, as much as Bananas is a good competitor, he definitely never had bad partners, partner that have some trust issues (Don't use Sarah here, because that whole team got over their beef once they knew about the theme) or back luck with the set up of the game.He neither does have a great social game, it's usually his real life friends that has the numbers from the get go or his partners have more frineds than him.Out of his six wins, he was paired up three times with a partner that was easily top 2 (Rivals 1, Rivals 3, Exes 1), his real life alliance saved his *** (The Island and The Ruins), his only real good win without any questionable production actions was Free Agents.

If you think about it, everybody knows that you can't trust Bananas, but they can't trust Wes either, because he isn't somebody who can back up his strategic mind by himself if he doesn't have a really good partner. I would have been interesting to see what would have happened if CT was on Rivals 3 too? Too bad no one is forming a third alliance without listening to one of the vets, Thomas, Nelson and Devin tried too, but Cory/Dario don't want to play risky yet and Devin needs to get in shape a bit.

This is my personal burn book....

Now I go to sleep, got to work early.

Pages