Vevmo Fantasy Football: 2012

257 posts / 0 new
Last post
[QUOTE=TheFeedMachi;329075]I would ague that fantasy football is largely dependent on your football IQ as you have to draft everyone based on the upcoming season.[/QUOTE] Three of the four teams in your division were auto drafted, two which have a better record than you do and one that has basically been a dead team. That about sums up the "football IQ" needed for the draft and the level of active participation needed to be successful. If you can manage a winning record, by skipping the draft and ignoring your team for months - there can't really be much to it beyond luck of the draw.
[QUOTE=Bacchus;329077]Three of the four teams in your division were auto drafted, two which have a better record than you do and one that has basically been a dead team. That about sums up the "football IQ" needed for the draft and the level of active participation needed to be successful. If you can manage a winning record, by skipping the draft and ignoring your team for months - there can't really be much to it beyond luck of the draw.[/QUOTE] It just means that fantasy experts, who make the default rankings, are smarter than us all.
I have more points on my bench than my actual real points...just my luck. It's been a nice season. Did way better than I initially thought.
[QUOTE=fabulous788;329243]I have more points on my bench than my actual real points...just my luck. It's been a nice season. Did way better than I initially thought.[/QUOTE] Well, you benched the #5 fantasy WR, you played a TE who was ruled out before the weekend, and you benched Eli Manning against the Saints D.
Slim Shady... Can you smell what the bacch (us) is cooking? Calvin is going to have to put up his best total of the season and Jermichael shut down for you to pull this one out...
3 spots in, 4th spot comes down to whether or not Arian Foster gets 15 pts. 15 and over and Feed is in, less than that and copples goes.
[QUOTE=bgstl77;329262]3 spots in, 4th spot comes down to whether or not Arian Foster gets 15 pts. 15 and over and Feed is in, less than that and copples goes.[/QUOTE] 18 and over. The Seahawks game might be the reason I don't make the playoffs. You played Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks were up so big so early that they rested him with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Marshawn Lynch also scored 30 points while only playing the first half + 5 minutes.
Hopefully i pull out a win. Though My falcons d will be threatened come playoffs.
[QUOTE=jbo29j;329306]Hopefully i pull out a win. Though My falcons d will be threatened come playoffs.[/QUOTE] You should probably make some roster moves if you make the playoffs like dropping Titus Young and DeSean Jackson and adding players that aren't on IR. If you had played the 2 WRs you have on your bench instead of those 2, you are easily in the playoffs.
I actually dropped jackson in exchange for Josh Gordon but bacchus got priority over me. Ya I know I forgot to start Gibson.
[QUOTE=jbo29j;329311]I actually dropped jackson in exchange for Josh Gordon but bacchus got priority over me. Ya I know I forgot to start Gibson.[/QUOTE] Your auto rafted dead team had a great season! Only one squad scored less points (Orton Hears a Who) and yet you are a playoff team with the league's second best record. Oh the randomness of head-to-head fantasy football. Congrats! :p
[QUOTE=Bacchus;329343]Your auto rafted dead team had a great season! Only one squad scored less points (Orton Hears a Who) and yet you are a playoff team with the league's second best record. Oh the randomness of head-to-head fantasy football. Congrats! :p[/QUOTE] I can't believe I didn't make the playoffs. That week 10 loss was just devastating. I hate Dwayne Bowe.
I don't think I've seen a 75 pt TE, K, D combo before. Losing to copples last week was a blessing in disguise.
[QUOTE=bgstl77;330090]I don't think I've seen a 75 pt TE, K, D combo before. Losing to copples last week was a blessing in disguise.[/QUOTE] I think that it was a major blessing. If I was in your position, I personally would have tried to lose last week (without scoring so few points that I lose the tiebreaker) in order to knock a strong team out of the playoffs and let a weaker one in. You never want to face a team with 2 elite RBs.
[QUOTE=TheFeedMachi;330101]I think that it was a major blessing. If I was in your position, I personally would have tried to lose last week (without scoring so few points that I lose the tiebreaker) in order to knock a strong team out of the playoffs and let a weaker one in. You never want to face a team with 2 elite RBs.[/QUOTE] Of course had I tried to do that and did something like Rivers over Wilson, I would've won. Herm Edwards would've also been mad at me for not playing to win the game.
Heh and he still needs Brady and his last other guy to have solid games to pull out the win. Copples has a monster team for not doing much with it this year. Wilson & Martin's' emergence has definitely helped.

Pages