Fantasy Football: Vevmo League - 2010

143 posts / 0 new
Last post
[QUOTE=Bacchus;203139]Ohhh, maybe by then I will have traded all my top flight players to you for Kickers and Tight Ends.[/QUOTE] I try :P
Well, I missed the draft but I'll try to make the best of what I have. I guess it could have been worse.
[QUOTE=ElectraWoman;205629]Well, I missed the draft but I'll try to make the best of what I have. I guess it could have been worse.[/QUOTE] I wasn't happy with my draft and I was there. The autoselect feature is so high end these days (it is based on expert picks and eliminates season injured players etc) that most people are just better off letting the system draft for them. :wink2:
[QUOTE=Bacchus;205683]I wasn't happy with my draft and I was there. The autoselect feature is so high end these days (it is based on expert picks and eliminates season injured players etc) that most people are just better off letting the system draft for them. :wink2:[/QUOTE] Lol, probably. I'm just glad that my team is, at the very least, manageable.
[QUOTE=ElectraWoman;205692]Lol, probably. I'm just glad that my team is, at the very least, manageable.[/QUOTE] Actually, I am kind of angry as to how far along the system has come since last year. Now, you click on your lineup and there is an automated expert bot that tells you what to do. "You are weak at TE this week. This is who you should pick up off the WW and grab X. Push this button and it will be done." WTF! That said, there is still a niche for skill, although easy wins are going to be hard to come by this season if less skilled players take advantage of the new offerings.
[QUOTE=Bacchus;205693]Actually, I am kind of angry as to how far along the system has come since last year. Now, you click on your lineup and there is an automated expert bot that tells you what to do. "You are weak at TE this week. This is who you should pick up off the WW and grab X. Push this button and it will be done." WTF! That said, there is still a niche for skill, although easy wins are going to be hard to come by this season if less skilled players take advantage of the new offerings.[/QUOTE] Yeah, it's come a long way. I remember two years ago I missed the draft and ended up with 5 rbs for my first 5 picks. It was all uphill from there but I somehow managed to turn it around. I think people have gotten into the bad habit of letting the system pick for them or taking the person who the system has ranked the highest. I just did a draft the other day that had Mendenhall drop to the 5th round. Obviously he's not a Peterson or Johnson, but IMO, the 5th round is kind of a steal for what he could potentially give you.
First game over, and it has begun. At the moment I am beating the Heart Breakers 4-0, but it's only 1 game :p
5-1 Over the Heartbreakers. His QB against my QB this week. Right now I am winning, but my team is losing the game :/
My squad was absolutely anemic this week, not to mention I had an RB not even suit up. I'm going to have to fill the holes...
Ugh agonizing over starting Vick (potentially really good numbers this weekend vs Detroit) or Romo (very safe choice when playing at home).
I love this game. Especially when people throw away good players and I can snag them. As I always say, 40% of my championship team is always made up of cast aways via waiver wire acquisitions. I am pleading to the league: Please toss great players away this week based on the short term. I count on that. If you are all rational and understand talent, I don't have a chance in hell.
Colts are playing great. Just sayin' :p I am almost for sure I will be winning this week. I still have Peyton, Pierre Garcon, and Reggie Wayne playing then I have Reggie Bush, and my opponent (who has CJ2 btw) only has 1 more guy to play. 2-0 start, not bad. Looking forward to Week 6 already :D
2-0 start :D well, as long as Michael Crabtree doesn't get 50 points....
2-0 Start. My team is playing extremely well, Peyton and Jahvid are giving me boatloads of points. It is great to be a Spinning Cyclone Right Now :D
[QUOTE=Spinner554;209213]2-0 Start. My team is playing extremely well[/QUOTE] I had a stumble out of the gate, but led the league in scoring this week and have been rapidly improving via the WW.
I need 9 points in 9 minutes. Rogers, throw it to Finley. Throw it to Jackson! Come on! I need a TD!
Only 3 more points, but I have a really bad feeling. I need the Bears to get down the field and score, quickly!
One point away, and the Packers cough up the ball. I only need 9 passing yards for the tie (which I would have won via the tie breaker) and the Bears are going to try and run down the clock and get the final possession/score. Just not my day...
I'm disappointed... thought for sure I had high points for the week in the bag going into tonight's game. Ah's well...
1 of the 3 undefeated teams, not too bad. 3-0 is a mighty nice start. I am only winning my division by 1 game though, and I only won this game last week by 2 points, so I need to step it up.
You'll do fine Spinner... this was a weird week with lots of last minute or early-game injuries and it's generally not so common for so many teams to score in the 50s/60s. This week I play against [B]The Man Himself[/B] ^_^
[QUOTE]it's generally not so common for so many teams to score in the 50s/60s.[/QUOTE] ...and actually win while other teams score 109 points and lose by 1. ;)
Cutty Sarks, you aren't playing at Defending VFL Championship level. Step it up if you want any chance Week 6 :P
[QUOTE=Spinner554;210576]Cutty Sarks, you aren't playing at Defending VFL Championship level. Step it up if you want any chance Week 6 :P[/QUOTE] I've scored the second most overall behind the Jackalope Herd. It all comes down to the luck of the draw: Who you are playing and how they do. That said, over time the better teams (i.e those putting up the most points overall) begin to rise to the top. ;)
Really wish i would have started Austin Collie this past weekend. I would have won. Its pretty sad that he alone outscored my other 3 wr's combined, 29 to 11.

Pages