The Challenge: Generic Thread

67762 posts / 0 new
Last post

Still trying to figure out why the picked The Inferno 2 and The Duel as the seasons to show first.  I feel like it has to be about the OG challenge although both these seasons are great TV.  Other than Karamo and Jon the cast was great.  Although maybe Karamo would host the OG challenge...

I feel like it's a combination of a few things.  

Two of the more popular older seasons, Inferno has the most successful alumni on it Jamie, Miz and Karamo so for a casual viewer they may recogzine them, Inferno also has a bunch of iconic people from the challenge series. As for the Duel, Wes, CT and Aneesa are on it and a big part of the current season airing, people lovvvvve the CT/Diem love story, Svetlana had one of the best underdog runs of all time. Plus the OG challenge coming up.  

I can't think of many other seasons that could check all those boxes. Rivals maybe could have worked.  

First thing I instantly thought about when they picked the Inferno 2. Crazy how Mike, Jamie, and Karamo became big celebrities, not long after for Miz and Jamie. 

See the crab mission on Inferno 2 was what was truly great about the OG seasons. CT vs Dan, Landon vs Darrell, Jamie and Shavonda mocking CT and Dan...its awesome. 

I forgot how dogshit the infernos were, as bad as some of the total madness elims were, I'd take most over basically all but balls in and patchwork. 

Yet, they're still more entertaining than the daily challenges from seasons 35 & 36. 

I forgot how dogshit the infernos were, as bad as some of the total madness elims were, I'd take most over basically all but balls in and patchwork. 

Yet, they're still more entertaining than the daily challenges from seasons 35 & 36. 

They really arent tho that's just nostalgia, both are terrible.  

Has anyone seen the tiktok about julie yet? The path to god is straight and narrow?  ive heard about it but haven't seen it actually posted yet

Still trying to figure out why the picked The Inferno 2 and The Duel as the seasons to show first.  I feel like it has to be about the OG challenge although both these seasons are great TV.  Other than Karamo and Jon the cast was great.  Although maybe Karamo would host the OG challenge...

Inferno 2 was awesome and yes you are right Karamo/Jon were the only two weak competitors (and it can be argued whether Karamo waz weak imho). 

I have no idea what Karamo does now (I know it's something with hosting) but he was awful on this season.  Glad he's successful now but he was insufferable for the brief time he was showed.

I think he recently wrote a book as well. 

Inferno 2 was awesome and yes you are right Karamo/Jon were the only two weak competitors (and it can be argued whether Karamo waz weak imho). 

Dan wasn't amazing either but still, it's crazy that they had Abe, CT, Derrick, Miz, Landon, Brad & Darrell on a cast with only ten guys. 

Dan wasn't amazing either but still, it's crazy that they had Abe, CT, Derrick, Miz, Landon, Brad & Darrell on a cast with only ten guys. 

True that's an impressive cast. Dan competed well on that season. It wasn't overly physical but it never stood out that he was horrible. Definitely the weakest guy after Jon and Karamo left but thats an impressive group of 7. 

The elimination from Inferno 2 episode 2 that Jon & Dan competed in should be brought back. A 2/3 of that would be sooo much more entertaining than watching them throw rocks from a barrell.

The elimination from Inferno 2 episode 2 that Jon & Dan competed in should be brought back. A 2/3 of that would be sooo much more entertaining than watching them throw rocks from a barrell.

A 30 second chicken fight on monkey bars isn't entertaining at all lol. 

Has anyone seen the tiktok about julie yet? The path to god is straight and narrow?  ive heard about it but haven't seen it actually posted yet

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJgEb9Vj/

A 30 second chicken fight on monkey bars isn't entertaining at all lol. 

I thought it was pretty good lol. Better than most of the eliminations they have today they seem to drawn out. I also said the best 2/3 plus a Darrel vs Johnny monkey bar fight would be way more exciting than Jon vs Dan lol.

Fessy has had an entire season & one episode & has yet to provide any entertainment.   Smoking Jordan's ass came close though.

for sure and  his show boating after words only to see him flop in the final put a nail in that coffin.  Telling others they wont last a final and then comes in last just like Aneesa did on Duel 2.  Irony at it's finest.  

lol in Inferno 2 I remember hating Dan for how he treated Jodi.  I was so stoked to see Jodi appear on the show.  Overall, amazing cast.  

also that Julie tik tok - I'm dying lol 

lol in Inferno 2 I remember hating Dan for how he treated Jodi.  I was so stoked to see Jodi appear on the show.  Overall, amazing cast.  

also that Julie tik tok - I'm dying lol 

Yea he was an *** for that, the whole team was.

The Bad ***** got played with that move and took it out on poor Jodi. I wish she could have taken out Veronica but that was still an iconic moment. 

Man, rewatching The Inferno 2 again and that season still holds up. Tonya throwing Beth's clothes in the pool is still an all time moment. 

I've always hated that the Bad ***** did that to Jodi. I really wish Jodi didn't let them get to her. 

I wish they had changed the lifeshield rules on Inferno 2 where males could only win it on male inferno days and females could only win it on female inferno days. If that happened, Tonya would have won it after that motorbike daily and it would have been good TV to see Rachel, Veronica, and Tina being nervous. Also Jodi and Rachel would have won it on the zip line daily so instead of Veronica vs Jodi it most likely would have been Rachel vs Julie, Jamie, or Shavonda.

I wish they had changed the lifeshield rules on Inferno 2 where males could only win it on male inferno days and females could only win it on female inferno days. If that happened, Tonya would have won it after that motorbike daily and it would have been good TV to see Rachel, Veronica, and Tina being nervous. Also Jodi and Rachel would have won it on the zip line daily so instead of Veronica vs Jodi it most likely would have been Rachel vs Julie, Jamie, or Shavonda.

Nothing against Jodi but I'm glad Shavonda nor Jamie had to go into that elimination.  I enjoyed them much more that season than Jodi.

Nothing against Jodi but I'm glad Shavonda nor Jamie had to go into that elimination.  I enjoyed them much more that season than Jodi.

In hindsight yes (for me)...only because we never saw them again after that season sadly lol but Jodi has always been one of my favs, I'm very partial to the ladies from XTreme <3 loved them all.  

I was searching things up on the Microsoft Store on my family's computer and it turns out that they have The Challenge. The Gauntlet 2 and every season from The Island on is available to purchase.

Watching Inferno 2: on the 2nd male elimination.  Haven't watched this season in about a year or so, it's fun seeing all of these people again <3 Some thoughts so far:

-reminds me how much I hate CT and always have - how is he one of the few to keep getting cast all of these years.  Just not a nice person.  -Abe is insane.  -Johnny Mosely is still my all time fav host -The ladies of this season were amazing - just needed Katie & Coral and it would have been amazing (Tonay yelling 'It's kaite! Wanna talk to katie' at the end of the episode made me laugh)-We all need a little more Julie on our screens always lol. -I miss opening theme songs with the cast - I wish the fun vibe came back to the show - even the cheesy missions/eliminations are fun.  The cast, even with the drama, looks happy. -The demise of Tonya is sad to watch - she is a strong competitor - and from Sexes 1 to The Ruins it's sad to watch, she was always one of my favs.  I heard her life is better now - hoping it is for her <3-They just played 'Get Low' and my high school self was living for it lol

kept watching and got to Jodi picking V.  I wish her team would have told the Bad ***** to shut up instead of letting her take that.  Also I hate Dan.   

Gauntlet needs to go on Netflix!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJJpMIjnz7q/?igshid=mogdjhc1b6uf

Still my favorite season of all-time.  So many one-hit wonders for me on that season.  Everyone talks about Irulan and Sarah G but I loved Rachel B.  Plus, it was sadly the last time we saw Elka and Roni.  

Gauntlet was sooo good! Rachel B, Sarah, Irulan, the birth of crazy Katie, Trishelle's busted face, everything about it was great!

In hindsight yes (for me)...only because we never saw them again after that season sadly lol but Jodi has always been one of my favs, I'm very partial to the ladies from XTreme <3 loved them all.  

I have a soft spot for RR Xtreme. I really enjoyed it and they had fun/physical missions and some funny ones too. I might be  alone on this island but my favorite Xtreme girl was Angela. Good at  missions and everyone just hated her bc she was so blunt. lol. I loved that on Battle of the sexes 2 she was voted off not bc she was bad at missions but bc the girls said she rubbed them the wrong way. She and Rachel didn't get along, imagine if they did rivals together. So sad we didnt get Angela for Inferno 2 and Gauntlet 2. She was asked for both but turned them down.

Gauntlet was sooo good! Rachel B, Sarah, Irulan, the birth of crazy Katie, Trishelle's busted face, everything about it was great!

I need Irulan back on the challenge. I loved her!

Pages