Ba$eball 2009 $ea$on

897 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Ba$eball 2009 $ea$on
Opening day.. Cubs over Houston 4-2. [SIZE=5]GO CUBS GO!![/SIZE] [SIZE=2]How did everyone else's teams do?[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I <3 baseball.[/SIZE]
[quote=Insider;57975]Opening day.. Cubs over Houston 4-2. [SIZE=5]GO CUBS GO!![/SIZE] [SIZE=2]How did everyone else's teams do?[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I <3 baseball.[/SIZE][/quote] Sorry to hear you're a Cubbies fan. My Tigs lost 12-5. Apparently it wasn't pretty.
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
[quote=molds13;57976]Sorry to hear you're a Cubbies fan. My Tigs lost 12-5. Apparently it wasn't pretty.[/quote] Maybe this is our year? :good:
[quote=Insider;57977]Maybe this is our year? :good:[/quote] Haha...isn't that what you say every year?
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
[quote=molds13;57980]Haha...isn't that what you say every year?[/quote] Yes. Eventually I'll be right. I was talking to someone today about the comment Zambrano made regarding a new field for the Cubs. The guy said.. "tell him to start winning and maybe he'll get a new field." :blue: Hey Bacchus, can we get a baseball smilie?
I have been a Braves fan since I was a kid bc they are closest team in geography to me!! But where I live is a Cubs AA team for the last 3 or so years and then last year I went to Wrigley for the 1st time (freaking awesome) so now I am a Cubs fan also. So I have 2 teams that I root for! So opening weekend was awesome cause the Braves won Sun night and the Cubs won tonight!!!
[quote=jrmdawgs;57984]I have been a Braves fan since I was a kid bc they are closest team in geography to me!! But where I live is a Cubs AA team for the last 3 or so years and then last year I went to Wrigley for the 1st time (freaking awesome) so now I am a Cubs fan also. So I have 2 teams that I root for! So opening weekend was awesome cause the Braves won Sun night and the Cubs won tonight!!![/quote] Yeah, my die-hard Phillies' roommate was not too pleased about that game. It's ok though, if the Tigs lose, there's always football. Oh wait. I meant basketball. Oh wait. I meant hockey. Yeah, hockey. Love me some Red Wings!
[quote=molds13;57987]Yeah, my die-hard Phillies' roommate was not too pleased about that game. It's ok though, if the Tigs lose, there's always football. Oh wait. I meant basketball. Oh wait. I meant hockey. Yeah, hockey. Love me some Red Wings![/quote] I am a bit confused bc this is a Baseball thread!
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Jrmdawgs, it's impossible to step foot into Wrigley Field and not be a fan of the Cubs. It's the second oldest park in the league. (Fenway is first). Ps. No trip to Wrigley is complete without a stop by The Cubbie Bear. Have you been?
[quote=jrmdawgs;57992]I am a bit confused bc this is a Baseball thread![/quote] ...it is. Just trying to make a joke about how much sports suck in Detroit as of late...except the Wings. And sometimes the Tigs.
OtherPplsDrama
Anonymous's picture
LMAO molds....I get it. ;)
[QUOTE=jrmdawgs;57992]I am a bit confused bc this is a Baseball thread![/QUOTE] Are you auditioning for a mod job? B and I will probably reserve our baseball discussion for the first day of the season, when the Red Sox and Yankees play on April 22, in Boston. :biggrin:
BoSox opening day was rained out. They start the season today at 4:06 ET. The good news is I got to watch the Yankees play on ESPN. :D
Phillies!!! Back to back world champs!!!!!! So we lost the first game.. big deal Meyers pitched. We still got this!!!
[QUOTE=Bacchus;58025]BoSox opening day was rained out. They start the season today at 4:06 ET. The good news is I got to watch the Yankees play on ESPN. :D[/QUOTE] You cheated... There will be payback.
[quote=V1man;58033]You cheated... There will be payback.[/quote] ..but, but...I was just sharing how I was able to catch a game even though the home team was rained out! :wink2:
[QUOTE=Bacchus;58034]..but, but...I was just sharing how I was able to catch a game even though the home team was rained out! :wink2:[/QUOTE] reaction: :dash1: game analysis: :shit:
[quote=V1man;58024]Are you auditioning for a mod job? [B]B and I will probably reserve our baseball discussion for the first day of the season, when the Red Sox and Yankees play on April 22, in Boston.[/B] :biggrin:[/quote] So true! I didn't get to watch much of the Yanks loss (muahahahah!) but I was pretty surprised they lost so badly. I'm intrigued to see a glimpse into the new stadium during the series in May. I've heard it is pretty much like going to a resort and I expected nothing less. Sox v Rays today, hopefully! I wasn't able to watch any of the spring training games so I am excited to see my boys in action for the first time in '09! Maybe there will even be a good old Beckett dugout swear fest :)
[CENTER][URL="http://vevmo.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1674"][IMG]http://vevmo.com/imagehosting/149dbdd0c86992.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://vevmo.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1675"][IMG]http://vevmo.com/imagehosting/149dbdd192ef88.gif[/IMG][/URL] [/CENTER]
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Congrats to the Bosox.
[quote=Insider;58162]Congrats to the Bosox.[/quote] Beckett was absolutely dominate through 7. I have a good feeling about this year. Especially when you read the preseason predictions and hear Cy Young, Beckett, Lester and Dice-K all in the same sentence. I think it is clear the Sox have the best pitching in baseball and when a guy like Mike Lowell is batting 7th in the order, you have to assume the hitting is not that bad either. We have a great squad and I think we are going to be waging a championship campaign.
How about Beckett's line: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 10 SO, 0 HR 1.29 ERA, 93-61 PC-ST I missed this Beckett! Welcome to the '09 season Josh. Now just stay healthy please :)
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Are you prepared to go against my team? :boast:
[QUOTE=Insider;58171]Are you prepared to go against my team? :boast:[/QUOTE] Is there still an Indianapolis Mud Hens? I've lost track of AAA ball. :sofa:
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
[quote=V1man;58175]Is there still an Indianapolis Mud Hens? I've lost track of AAA ball. :sofa:[/quote] :moon:
[quote=Insider;58171]Are you prepared to go against my team? [/quote] As prepared as I'll ever be, Insider. [URL="http://vevmo.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1676"][IMG]http://vevmo.com/imagehosting/149dbf04bc7088.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Pages