National Football League: 2011-12

265 posts / 0 new
Last post
National Football League: 2011-12
A lot of moves in the free agency have begun and its just getting me even more freaking excited for the season to begin!. Teams all over the country begin camp today and others next week. Biggest splash so far Redskins agreed with the Minnesota Vikings to trade them quaterback Donovan McNabb there just waiting on him to sign on if he likes it. What is everyone thoughts on that move Vikings contenders now? By the way a lot of talk about Brett Farve returning yet again and playing in Philly; his agent didn't confirm or deny the rumor and we all know how Brett loves to change his mind.
As far as Vikings go, solid move, Ponder is not ready. They still lack in secondary but have a great front 7 and running game, they can do good. No way Farve will back up anyone. I'm happy with the moves my Cowboys are making, cutting the dead weight that needed to be cut years ago. Resigning Free was huge, now they need secondary help, Rob Ryan is going to turn around that defense in a huge way.
[QUOTE=afuNk13;263095]As far as Vikings go, solid move, Ponder is not ready. They still lack in secondary but have a great front 7 and running game, they can do good. No way Farve will back up anyone. I'm happy with the moves my Cowboys are making, cutting the dead weight that needed to be cut years ago. Resigning Free was huge, now they need secondary help, Rob Ryan is going to turn around that defense in a huge way.[/QUOTE] Yeah it looks like the Boys from Texas are trying to get younger heard they cut Williams, Barber, Columbo and Davis. So many good opening match ups the first week I don't know which one to watch :( . It was announced as well T. Jackson, Vikings quarterback is now a Seahawk and Matt L. quarterback from Arizona will be rejoining Pete Carroll in Seatle as well. Nick Barnett is being released from the Packers and Santana Moss resigned with the Redskins for a 3 year deal I believe.
Seahawks qb comp should be interesting, can't wait to see where nnamdi and Michael huff go, huff wants to be a cowboy really bad but might be too expensive. Kevin Kolb also might be traded to the cards, which is a good move.
I find it interesting that the Cardinals are willing to give up Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in a deal for Kevin Kolb. He is one of the best young cornerbacks in the league, and you'd think they might look at a free agent QB instead and keep DRC. I also think people forget Kevin Kolb has only started a handful of games, and is not at all proven to be a franchise QB. Idk, just seems too risky to give up such a talent and draft picks for an unproven QB.
I can't believe that Hasselbeck is going to be a Titan... I thought for sure he'd go back to Seattle. Where does everyone think Plaxico and Reggie Bush will go?
The Bears are interested in signing Mike Sims-Walker, man that would be a huge addition to our offense. He's a big receiver (6'2 214) and would potentially be the true #1 reciever the Bears are in desperate need of. Also, they're looking at fellow Jaguar Justin Durant who will be a nice addition to our Defense and playing next to Briggs and Urlacher would be huge. They are also looking at DE Jason Babin from the Tennessee Titans who had 12.5 sacks last year and he would be a nice addition to our D-Line which is our strength. But most importantly the Bears need to sign Center Olin Krutz and a new Guard to be successful and be able to compete with the Green Gay Fudge Packers.
[QUOTE=GiggidyGoo90;263130]The Bears are interested in signing Mike Sims-Walker, man that would be a huge addition to our offense. He's a big receiver (6'2 214) and would potentially be the true #1 reciever the Bears are in desperate need of. Also, they're looking at fellow Jaguar Justin Durant who will be a nice addition to our Defense and playing next to Briggs and Urlacher would be huge. They are also looking at DE Jason Babin from the Tennessee Titans who had 12.5 sacks last year and he would be a nice addition to our D-Line which is our strength. But most importantly the Bears need to sign Center Olin Krutz and a new Guard to be successful and be able to compete with the [B]Green Gay************[/B]s.[/QUOTE] Interesting nickname seeing how they won the Super Bowl... Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Matt Leinart to Houston on a 2 year contract, then Sidney Rice left the Vikings today to join the Seahawks. Donovan McNabb has agreed to join the Vikings, a deal is expected to be announced Thursday. Braylon Edwards tweeted that the Jets don't appear to want him anymore and he's ready to move on. Holmes resigned with the Jets, a five year deal I think, not too sure bout that one. Chris Johnson, RB from the Titans, has announced he plans to hold out till he receives a new contract. DeSean Jackson, WR Philadelphia is another hold out as well, demanding a new contract. Jake Delhomme, QB was released by Cleveland, giving the starting position to Colt McCoy. The New York Giants are in heavy talks with Plaxico Burress, WR trying to bring him back. Word is the top teams in the run for Plaxico are the Giants and the Steelers for his services.
It's official. Ochocinco's going to be a Patriot. Also, no more Reggie Bush in New Orleans! Finally!
[url=http://vevmo.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=11044][img]http://vevmo.com/imagehosting/27944e323f605742c.jpg[/img][/url] Just saying
The Dolphins did well in getting Bush. He hasn't played up to his potential thus far, but the guy is a pure talent and maybe a change of venue can help him to perform at the level everyone expected when he was drafted 2nd overall in 2006.
The Bears and WR Roy Williams have agreed to a deal. Roy being reunited with Mike Martz will hopefully make him a pro bowler again. Finally, the Bears get a receiver who isn't a 5'11 speed guy!
Anyone else completely shocked at Nnamdi going to the Eagle's? They were a Dark Horse for sure.
[QUOTE=Spinner554;264464]Anyone else completely shocked at Nnamdi going to the Eagle's? They were a Dark Horse for sure.[/QUOTE] Not shocked, but just know you are out of fantasy football along with Julie. Quitters need not apply.
For saying they weren't going to be big players in free agency this year, I am very pleased with what the bears have done. Marion Barber, Roy Williams, and Amobi Okoye are all capable of being very useful players. Sucks we couldn't of kept Olin Kreutz though.
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
[QUOTE=MF41590;264549]For saying they weren't going to be big players in free agency this year, I am very pleased with what the bears have done. Marion Barber, Roy Williams, and Amobi Okoye are all capable of being very useful players. Sucks we couldn't of kept Olin Kreutz though.[/QUOTE] That's really not too bad. It feels like the Saints are completely restructuring. I was a little nervous about losing Bush... but now I'm pretty stoked about his replacement. I hope Bush is happy in Miami. There will be lots of KIM K. look alikes there to keep him satisfied.
[QUOTE=Insider;264555]That's really not too bad. It feels like the Saints are completely restructuring. I was a little nervous about losing Bush... but now I'm pretty stoked about his replacement. I hope Bush is happy in Miami. There will be lots of KIM K. look alikes there to keep him satisfied.[/QUOTE] Yeah Reggie Bush is one of those guys that CAN be a playmaker, but Sproles is literally the same player for about 1/3 of the money. Saints fans should not be worried about losing Bush. They should, however, be very very very excited about Mark Ingram. That kid is an absolute stud. Especially on an offense where opposing defenses can not stack the box because of how good their passing attack is. He obviously isn't going to get 25-30 carries a game, but he will have room to run on most of his touches.
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
[QUOTE=MF41590;264628]Yeah Reggie Bush is one of those guys that CAN be a playmaker, but Sproles is literally the same player for about 1/3 of the money. Saints fans should not be worried about losing Bush. They should, however, be very very very excited about Mark Ingram. That kid is an absolute stud. Especially on an offense where opposing defenses can not stack the box because of how good their passing attack is. He obviously isn't going to get 25-30 carries a game, but he will have room to run on most of his touches.[/QUOTE] Not only am I excited about Mark Ingram, but I got him on my fantasy team. :) Tonight is opening night. There's a chill in the air here in the midwest. I can almost smell fall. Who's ready for some football?
[QUOTE=Insider;276837]Not only am I excited about Mark Ingram, but I got him on my fantasy team. :) Tonight is opening night. There's a chill in the air here in the midwest. I can almost smell fall. Who's ready for some football?[/QUOTE] So excited! It is finally that time of year again.
It should be a fun match up to watch. I expect lots of TD's from Aaron Rogers. ;)
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
[QUOTE=Bacchus;276853]It should be a fun match up to watch. I expect lots of TD's from Aaron Rogers. ;)[/QUOTE] -__- I expect Rogers to have a broken arm. (wishful thinking?)
[QUOTE=Insider;276946]-__- I expect Rogers to have a broken arm. (wishful thinking?)[/QUOTE] Wow. Wishing ill on others for fantasy football gain. I didn't think you had it in you.
[QUOTE=Bacchus;276951]Wow. Wishing ill on others for fantasy football gain. I didn't think you had it in you. [/QUOTE] Rooting for a player to have an injury is terrible. Root for the player to play all game and suck. An injury just gives the other person an excuse as to why they lost.
[QUOTE=TheFeedMachi;276957]Rooting for a player to have an injury is terrible. Root for the player to play all game and suck. An injury just gives the other person an excuse as to why they lost.[/QUOTE] Agreed. Insider, you are a horrible person!
Football!

Pages