The Challenge: Unpopular Opinions

9286 posts / 0 new
Last post

The gauntlet 1 & inferno 1 had mostly endurance based eliminations. And I think that was mainly because men could compete against women in them. From inferno 2 onwards, excluding the island battles, they've been gender based.

Loved that Katie beat her bf David in the Inferno 

The jousting over water gauntlet

the pole/tube climb 

puzzle in the pool

ride em cowboy <3

dead man's drop <3 <3 <3

They need to bring back the pool for eliminations. Reminds me of that old game show Dog Eat Dog <3

I just love that it could be woman V’s man and it was anyone's game. Didn't matter if either were gym rats - it was mostly chance - and it made it fun and exciting cause anyone could go home. 

The jousting over water gauntlet

the pole/tube climb 

puzzle in the pool

ride em cowboy <3

dead man's drop <3 <3 <3

They need to bring back the pool for eliminations. Reminds me of that old game show Dog Eat Dog <3

the pool was iconic - all of those games were great and fun - even the pole climb that LT simply couldn't do lol

Unpopular Opinion:

Leroy actually provides nowadays. Ever since him and Kam became cool again on WOTW 2 hes been more active in the game and shows he actually cares about winning. I dont consider him a boring floating tap dancer anymore.

Also idk if this is unpopular but the Laurel and Nicole drama isnt tiring. Its so negative that its entertaining, lmao unlike Jordan and Tori relationship drama that is fake positive and  overshown when it comes to screentime and actually affects the game, Laurel and Nicole being volatile towards each other is such a breath of fresh air.

Bring back negativity on The Challenge.

I agree with FlyGuy on both accounts.

Bring back negativity on The Challenge.

If Cara Maria wins seasons 40 I think the claim that she has surpassed Evelyn as the female goat of the show will be official.

If Tori wins she replaces Sarah as 5th best

RN its Evelyn>Cara>Laurel>Rachel>Sarah

all stars 4 holds up because it's a very likeable and enjoyable cast, but it still kind of sucks because of the way it's edited. these past two episodes were really watered down and boring. i hate the way they edit the fights it's like the chop out like 80% of it

also i think kam is good for this season and provides as usual. but the segments with her and leroy and the wholesome family bits are annoying

My unpopular opinion - there hasn't been a decent season of this show since they started introducing AYTO and all the other non-Real Worlders/Road Rulers/Fresh Meaters. I know it's hard to keep the show going without bringing in outside cast members, but for me, the show stopped being worth watching around Battle of the Exes II --> Rivals III.

Another unpopular opinion - the JEK era was entertaining as hell and not as bad as everyone claims it was. Having Evan and Kenny around to balance out Johnny made him more bearable. Also, with the exception of how that all went down during the Ruins season, the misogyny actually brought a lot to the show. I'm not condoning misogyny, but having villains and feuds made those seasons rewatchable. 

My unpopular opinion - there hasn't been a decent season of this show since they started introducing AYTO and all the other non-Real Worlders/Road Rulers/Fresh Meaters. I know it's hard to keep the show going without bringing in outside cast members, but for me, the show stopped being worth watching around Battle of the Exes II --> Rivals III.

I still watch it (kind of, I didn't watch 39 and need to finish 38) but I agree with you on this. That's why all stars was so great - brought back the vibes of the original show with people I know and care about. 

Pages