The Challenge: Generic Thread

68014 posts / 0 new
Last post

The most random Challenge friendship to me has to be how Ibis is really good friends with Johnny and Kenny. Like where did that even come from lmao. It's hard to believe she was just 24 on the Ruins and Jillian was just 23 on FM2; they seemed much older

The most random Challenge friendship to me has to be how Ibis is really good friends with Johnny and Kenny. Like where did that even come from lmao. It's hard to believe she was just 24 on the Ruins and Jillian was just 23 on FM2; they seemed much older

Didn't Ibis work on production?

Post Ruins she did

Post Ruins she did

So that's 2 more seasons with Kenny and 1 with Evan even if not on the show. 

Post Ruins she did

So that's 2 more seasons with Kenny and 1 with Evan even if not on the show. 

She's been good friends with them since the Ruins and both have also talked about how they're friends with her, and I could be mistaken but I don't think she really was friends with Evan, just J/K. I also don't know specifically what her role was or what seasons she was involved with post-Ruins, so she might not have even interacted with them in that capacity.

Rewatching Rivals 2, Theresa was really messy that season as well. She went from all the teams letting her and Jasmine win to ******* them all off and being the main target by the next women elimination.. I don't know how she does it lol 

Does anyone know which Challenge special had Susie doing commentary with this look?

I know she did a Challenge special after some Free Agents episodes...not sure if that's from there or not.  I remember her wearing red for that (I think...I don't normally remember what people wear but that stuck out to me when trying to think)

That was an aftershow. The other was a challenge special but I don't remember for which season.

Rewatching Rivals 2, Theresa was really messy that season as well. She went from all the teams letting her and Jasmine win to ******* them all off and being the main target by the next women elimination.. I don't know how she does it lol 

because despite everyones recency bias Theresa was never been known to be good at the game until Wes held her hand in Exes 2. Free Agents she did well too but she still got caught up politically.

I was thinking about this, and I was just curious on other people's thoughts:

In recent seasons - lets say DIrty 30 - Total Madness Casts - which cast members, whether you loved them or  didn't care to ever see them again, who  were you surprised we didn't see them again after appearing?  Again I'm trying to be open minded about what I thought the show would go with and didn't end up using - doesn't mean I was in anyway hoping for these lol. Curious on your thoughts / choices:

I think for me not seeing Britini and Chuck again was werid - they seemed to be loving Britini through the trilogy then forgot about her, and Chuck I thought we would see again just by proxy cause of Britini.  I also thought Amazing Race Jenn was a lock for Double Agents based on the drama she caused in her small stay on TM.  

They uploaded the first episode of the guanlet 2 on YouTube in case anyone cares

1st ep of Gauntlet 2 on Challenge YouTube 

https://youtu.be/bdnoANkTW0c

Now that I have binged the seasons I haven’t seen this is my official challenge tier list. Each tier is not is a specific order

Bottom Tier:

The Island, Fresh Meat II, Battle of the Bloodlines, Rivals III, Total Madness, Double Agents

Mid Tier:

Sexes II, The Duel, The Duel II, The Ruins, Cutthroat, Vendettas, Final Reckoning, War of the Worlds II

Top Tier:

The Inferno II, The Gauntlet II, Rivals, Exes, Battle of the Seasons, Rivals II, Free Agents, Exes II, Invasion, Dirty 30, War of the Worlds

*I have not seen The Inferno III so I can’t rank it.

Last two seasons have been that bad, huh? Guess I haven't been missing out at all 

Last two seasons have been that bad, huh? Guess I haven't been missing out at all 

Abysmal. You didn't miss anything.

Abysmal. You didn't miss anything.

They uploaded the first episode of the guanlet 2 on YouTube in case anyone cares

Nah, we can find that anywhere. Let me know when we get the OG Gauntlet.

Did anyone watch the Andy Cohen Reality special? I heard episode 2 was centered around Real World and Survivor. Did they interview anyone good we haven't seen in a while? 

Nah, we can find that anywhere. Let me know when we get the OG Gauntlet.

i don't get why the OG Gauntlet and the OG Infenro hasn't popped up on a streaming service.  

Did anyone watch the Andy Cohen Reality special? I heard episode 2 was centered around Real World and Survivor. Did they interview anyone good we haven't seen in a while? 

They had Max, Zeke, Fessy, and Josh. So the answer is no. They had the worst of the worst lol. How embarrassing.

Delete

Now that I have binged the seasons I haven’t seen this is my official challenge tier list. Each tier is not is a specific order

Bottom Tier:

The Island, Fresh Meat II, Battle of the Bloodlines, Rivals III, Total Madness, Double Agents

Mid Tier:

Sexes II, The Duel, The Duel II, The Ruins, Cutthroat, Vendettas, Final Reckoning, War of the Worlds II

Top Tier:

The Inferno II, The Gauntlet II, Rivals, Exes, Battle of the Seasons, Rivals II, Free Agents, Exes II, Invasion, Dirty 30, War of the Worlds

*I have not seen The Inferno III so I can’t rank it.

agreed with this except I'd put Rivals 2 and Exes 2 on mid tier list. i might even put WOTW II in top tier (MIGHT).

I hope you get to watch Inferno 1 it is another top tier season. 

Inferno 3 has the same energy as Cutthroat imho nothing great but nothing bad either. (except Cutthroat has the epic elimination between CT & Backpack). 

Back to NY/The Quest casting special on YouTube 

https://youtu.be/R5Zo76frLU0

What's the longest stretch of strong seasons in the series.. I think it's Gauntlet-Gauntlet2 for me.. I always thought Sexes was solid but it didn't hit like the Gauntlets and Infernos.

- Why does Eric always have a jump rope? It's getting WEIRD.

- I never really thought of Coral as a good competitor but she really performed this season.

Eric is just a weird dude lol 

And I feel like most people agree with you about Coral but I'm not sure where that opinion came from. Yeah, she struggled with water missions especially on The Gauntlet and she had the whole spider bite incident in that final but Coral was pretty strong. She was dominating Freah Meat with Evan until the injuries and was probably the 2nd best girl on G3 behind Ev. 

She and mike never left the inner circle on Battle of the seasons, she struggled a little bit on the gauntlet but was solid outside of water missions, Inferno she did well almost every mission but one, Battle of the sexes 2 she and Rachel were clearly the strongest women, dominated Freshmeat till her knee injury, and was solid on G3. Plus if anyone watch her on Battle of the network reality stars, miss thang killed it especially in the track and field event.

Coral did however understand early that the social aspect was the most important when it comes to challenges and made that her priority on the challenges. So I think that's why ppl forget Coral actually competed well.

Correction- Coral & Tina were the strongest women on Sexes 2.  Rachel was #3 or #4.

Correction- Coral & Tina were the strongest women on Sexes 2.  Rachel was #3 or #4.

No Tina was not the second strongest. Just no. 

She certainly was.  She performed way better than Rachel, Sophia & Ruthie.

She certainly was.  She performed way better than Rachel, Sophia & Ruthie.

No--absolutely not--in fact Robin probably performed better

Rachel and Coral were the top females on Sexes 2 by a long shot.  That was prob Tina's best season but she wasn't as strong as those two imo

Heck, even Coral admitted that in the reunion - she said Rachel deserved to be in that final 3.  Politics and her own mouth telling Katie she was going home ended up sending her home early.  

Back to NY/The Quest casting special on YouTube 

https://youtu.be/R5Zo76frLU0

I watched the first 20 minutes and a couple thoughts

1.  I think everyone would be considered problematic today

2.  Coral and Ellen were TV gold from the second the spoke

3.  Katie being an alternate is so sad

Pages