The Challenge: Generic Thread

64840 posts / 0 new
Last post

FromTheNorth wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:Tbh that contract clause on Johnny is believable to a certain degree but like PR said he wasn't even the main guy before Exes 1. I see this clause being applied much more to Kenny then the other 2. I honestly think that there is just a mutual agreement between vets to not go for one another (no matter how much they hate eachother) on the first weeks in order for everyone to make more money. But that's just me speculating.
It was said it was years ago and some people automatically assumed it was around the Ruins. It's very possible it was Rivals 2 or even afterwards, I 100% believe it though. I think if you went back and watched recent seasons with the knowledge he's not aloud to be targeted I think there'd be at least a few moments where you went, "Oh now that makes sense." Even just this season, when Zach & Amanda couldn't send him to redemption and the fact that they haven't been targeted despite being disliked by so many teams

Yeah that would be ****** up but believable. Exes 2: week 1 - not voted by his arch nemesis Wes but also didn't vote him in on the following season (which means he might be not the only one with this clause).Bloodlines week 2 - not voted by Cara who hated his gutsRivals 3 - could've been called multiple times by Cory, Nate/Christina and Dario/Nicole but never voted.Then the trilogy happened. 

Just remembered, pretty sure Nelson pulled the double cross early in XXX and sent Tony in over Bananas against Ammo, despite the fact that Cory had publicly put John on his hit list. Made no sense at the time but does now

It was a smart move honestly. Bananas would of killed Ammo in that game. I know whoever was lighter had an advantage but Bananas is not clumsy like Tony and would of got it done. This is coming from someone who does not like Bananas

It was a smart move honestly. Bananas would of killed Ammo in that game. I know whoever was lighter had an advantage but Bananas is not clumsy like Tony and would of got it done. This is coming from someone who does not like Bananas

Looks good in hindsight, but Tony was the favourite on paper too, and Nelson's alliance was openly targeting veterans, it made more sense to work with Tony than send him in. Bananas killing anyone in elimination is a joke, I give him a 60% shot of beating Ammo

Yeah having in consideration that Johnny has been flopping in eliminations for a long time I think Ammo would have a chance to actually beat him.

Yeah having in consideration that Johnny has been flopping in eliminations for a long time I think Ammo would have a chance to actually beat him.

throwback to how GASSED he was in that Elim against Derrick LOL 

thedefiantwolf wrote:
https://www.change.org/p/us-get-cara-maria-a-real-job-94360a5f-955a-477c-8e67-83861bcd3854?recruiter=901189942&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition

Well I bet she is making good money while doing these so why not...She just has to workout and show up for a couple of weeks and boom paycheck lol Pretty much like Johnny. I'm not gonna lie , if I was liked by production and asked to return every single time and they waved money at me while I can just workout and go do challenges I would probably do the same. Maybe not to the fully extend but would definitely do it.

agreed.  I really don't see a big deal with them personally doing this as a career...I'm more mad at production for not casting different people from Real World and Road Rules and the Fresh Meats...we could have had other stars come around like back in the day when you had big names but they didn't do every season.  Beth showed up randomly, Coral wasn't in every season back to back, yet they both were stars of the show.  I don't blame Cara Maria or Johnny for coming back each season..they're smart to bank in on it. 

xHollyangel wrote:
thedefiantwolf wrote:https://www.change.org/p/us-get-cara-maria-a-real-job-94360a5f-955a-477c-8e67-83861bcd3854?recruiter=901189942&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition
Well I bet she is making good money while doing these so why not...She just has to workout and show up for a couple of weeks and boom paycheck lol Pretty much like Johnny. I'm not gonna lie , if I was liked by production and asked to return every single time and they waved money at me while I can just workout and go do challenges I would probably do the same. Maybe not to the fully extend but would definitely do it.

agreed.  I really don't see a big deal with them personally doing this as a career...I'm more mad at production for not casting different people from Real World and Road Rules and the Fresh Meats...we could have had other stars come around like back in the day when you had big names but they didn't do every season.  Beth showed up randomly, Coral wasn't in every season back to back, yet they both were stars of the show.  I don't blame Cara Maria or Johnny for coming back each season..they're smart to bank in on it. 

Exactly. We blame Cara or Johnny for not taking breaks but in reality its like 98% production's fault. I think Johnny and Cara would be much more likeable if they didn't do back to back seasons like they do. I mean, Wes was hated for a long time by casuals but now I feel like most people likes him ever since he started to have breaks.

The UK needs there own Challenge season. They have alot of people from Big Brother UK, Ex on the beach UK, and Love island etc that can choose from and I 100% believe that the UK verison would be way better.

The UK needs there own Challenge season. They have alot of people from Big Brother UK, Ex on the beach UK, and Love island etc that can choose from and I 100% believe that the UK verison would be way better.

I've been saying this, I think someone mentioned though that their production isn't as good so there would be safety risks and things like that

The UK needs there own Challenge season. They have alot of people from Big Brother UK, Ex on the beach UK, and Love island etc that can choose from and I 100% believe that the UK verison would be way better.

I'm shocked they haven't done that either.  Have a 'Challenge UK'.  Then they could do an epic USA vs UK challenge.  Instead of the random invasion of 2 - 4 cast members this one lol

Psy4potato wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
thedefiantwolf wrote:https://www.change.org/p/us-get-cara-maria-a-real-job-94360a5f-955a-477c-8e67-83861bcd3854?recruiter=901189942&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition
Well I bet she is making good money while doing these so why not...She just has to workout and show up for a couple of weeks and boom paycheck lol Pretty much like Johnny. I'm not gonna lie , if I was liked by production and asked to return every single time and they waved money at me while I can just workout and go do challenges I would probably do the same. Maybe not to the fully extend but would definitely do it.
agreed.  I really don't see a big deal with them personally doing this as a career...I'm more mad at production for not casting different people from Real World and Road Rules and the Fresh Meats...we could have had other stars come around like back in the day when you had big names but they didn't do every season.  Beth showed up randomly, Coral wasn't in every season back to back, yet they both were stars of the show.  I don't blame Cara Maria or Johnny for coming back each season..they're smart to bank in on it. 

Exactly. We blame Cara or Johnny for not taking breaks but in reality its like 98% production's fault. I think Johnny and Cara would be much more likeable if they didn't do back to back seasons like they do. I mean, Wes was hated for a long time by casuals but now I feel like most people likes him ever since he started to have breaks.

If Wes ever comes back for another season I wouldn't be shocked if the hatred comes back fast and strong.   Wes is pretty damn annoying in all honesty.  

xHollyangel wrote:
Psy4potato wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
thedefiantwolf wrote:https://www.change.org/p/us-get-cara-maria-a-real-job-94360a5f-955a-477c-8e67-83861bcd3854?recruiter=901189942&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition
Well I bet she is making good money while doing these so why not...She just has to workout and show up for a couple of weeks and boom paycheck lol Pretty much like Johnny. I'm not gonna lie , if I was liked by production and asked to return every single time and they waved money at me while I can just workout and go do challenges I would probably do the same. Maybe not to the fully extend but would definitely do it.
agreed.  I really don't see a big deal with them personally doing this as a career...I'm more mad at production for not casting different people from Real World and Road Rules and the Fresh Meats...we could have had other stars come around like back in the day when you had big names but they didn't do every season.  Beth showed up randomly, Coral wasn't in every season back to back, yet they both were stars of the show.  I don't blame Cara Maria or Johnny for coming back each season..they're smart to bank in on it. 
Exactly. We blame Cara or Johnny for not taking breaks but in reality its like 98% production's fault. I think Johnny and Cara would be much more likeable if they didn't do back to back seasons like they do. I mean, Wes was hated for a long time by casuals but now I feel like most people likes him ever since he started to have breaks.

If Wes ever comes back for another season I wouldn't be shocked if the hatred comes back fast and strong.   Wes is pretty damn annoying in all honesty.  

What the ****? Have fun watching Bananas & Care for 20 more seasons. Smh

Chicken_breast wrote:
The UK needs there own Challenge season. They have alot of people from Big Brother UK, Ex on the beach UK, and Love island etc that can choose from and I 100% believe that the UK verison would be way better.

I'm shocked they haven't done that either.  Have a 'Challenge UK'.  Then they could do an epic USA vs UK challenge.  Instead of the random invasion of 2 - 4 cast members this one lol

I've been preaching on this idea for the last year lmao. I even said at the time they should do a Europe vs US kind of all star challenge. Ofc Eu= would be mostly UK people tho but yeah. It would be the bomb.

kvm1977 wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
Psy4potato wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
thedefiantwolf wrote:https://www.change.org/p/us-get-cara-maria-a-real-job-94360a5f-955a-477c-8e67-83861bcd3854?recruiter=901189942&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition
Well I bet she is making good money while doing these so why not...She just has to workout and show up for a couple of weeks and boom paycheck lol Pretty much like Johnny. I'm not gonna lie , if I was liked by production and asked to return every single time and they waved money at me while I can just workout and go do challenges I would probably do the same. Maybe not to the fully extend but would definitely do it.
agreed.  I really don't see a big deal with them personally doing this as a career...I'm more mad at production for not casting different people from Real World and Road Rules and the Fresh Meats...we could have had other stars come around like back in the day when you had big names but they didn't do every season.  Beth showed up randomly, Coral wasn't in every season back to back, yet they both were stars of the show.  I don't blame Cara Maria or Johnny for coming back each season..they're smart to bank in on it. 
Exactly. We blame Cara or Johnny for not taking breaks but in reality its like 98% production's fault. I think Johnny and Cara would be much more likeable if they didn't do back to back seasons like they do. I mean, Wes was hated for a long time by casuals but now I feel like most people likes him ever since he started to have breaks.
If Wes ever comes back for another season I wouldn't be shocked if the hatred comes back fast and strong.   Wes is pretty damn annoying in all honesty.  
What the ****? Have fun watching Bananas & Care for 20 more seasons. Smh
I didn't say I wanted to watch those 2 every season. I'm happy Wes is coming back--I'm glad when pretty much anyone returns after a break. I'm just being honest that he's pretty damn annoying. Could stand him on Fresh Meat, The Duel or The Ruins. & Fresh Meat 2. He wasn't on Seasons long enough for me to care. He was better on Rivals 2 and Exes 2. I still have yet to watch Rivals 3 so I can't speak on that.
FromTheNorth wrote:
kvm1977 wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
Psy4potato wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
thedefiantwolf wrote:https://www.change.org/p/us-get-cara-maria-a-real-job-94360a5f-955a-477c-8e67-83861bcd3854?recruiter=901189942&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition
Well I bet she is making good money while doing these so why not...She just has to workout and show up for a couple of weeks and boom paycheck lol Pretty much like Johnny. I'm not gonna lie , if I was liked by production and asked to return every single time and they waved money at me while I can just workout and go do challenges I would probably do the same. Maybe not to the fully extend but would definitely do it.
agreed.  I really don't see a big deal with them personally doing this as a career...I'm more mad at production for not casting different people from Real World and Road Rules and the Fresh Meats...we could have had other stars come around like back in the day when you had big names but they didn't do every season.  Beth showed up randomly, Coral wasn't in every season back to back, yet they both were stars of the show.  I don't blame Cara Maria or Johnny for coming back each season..they're smart to bank in on it. 
Exactly. We blame Cara or Johnny for not taking breaks but in reality its like 98% production's fault. I think Johnny and Cara would be much more likeable if they didn't do back to back seasons like they do. I mean, Wes was hated for a long time by casuals but now I feel like most people likes him ever since he started to have breaks.
If Wes ever comes back for another season I wouldn't be shocked if the hatred comes back fast and strong.   Wes is pretty damn annoying in all honesty.  
What the ****? Have fun watching Bananas & Care for 20 more seasons. Smh
I didn't say I wanted to watch those 2 every season. I'm happy Wes is coming back--I'm glad when pretty much anyone returns after a break. I'm just being honest that he's pretty damn annoying. Could stand him on Fresh Meat, The Duel or The Ruins. & Fresh Meat 2. He wasn't on Seasons long enough for me to care. He was better on Rivals 2 and Exes 2. I still have yet to watch Rivals 3 so I can't speak on that.
Him and Nany as a pair were surprisingly entertaining.

-

-

This could be such a great show if they just stopped prioritising vets and actually attempted to make a good show with the best possible cast. Crazy how people who do this for a living don't realize how little value cast members like Bananas and Cara have.

This could be such a great show if they just stopped prioritising vets and actually attempted to make a good show with the best possible cast. Crazy how people who do this for a living don't realize how little value cast members like Bananas and Cara have.

PREACH! I've said it so many times that Backpack and CM are holding this show back from what it could be. They aren't needed and I wish MTV would realize that. 

This show has so much potential, but they like staying stuck in mediocrity because why try? You have at least 625k+ casual viewers who are ******* braindead

This show has so much potential, but they like staying stuck in mediocrity because why try? You have at least 625k+ casual viewers who are ******* braindead

To be fair its MTV...the whole network has been dying a painful and slowly death for the last 10 years or so. It just seems like they are not even trying lmao so why would they try with the challenge?

Agree with all the last couple posts lol

Daddy DAF wrote:
This show has so much potential, but they like staying stuck in mediocrity because why try? You have at least 625k+ casual viewers who are ******* braindead

To be fair its MTV...the whole network has been dying a painful and slowly death for the last 10 years or so. It just seems like they are not even trying lmao so why would they try with the challenge?

They're paying a **** ton of money to useless vets who think they're members of production. They don't need to work that hard, just lose Johnny's number and give more valuable rookies like Chad a call. Or better yet, give Landon & Coral the money they deserve and bring my girl Averey back too

xHollyangel wrote:
Daddy DAF wrote:This show has so much potential, but they like staying stuck in mediocrity because why try? You have at least 625k+ casual viewers who are ******* braindead
To be fair its MTV...the whole network has been dying a painful and slowly death for the last 10 years or so. It just seems like they are not even trying lmao so why would they try with the challenge?

They're paying a **** ton of money to useless vets who think they're members of production. They don't need to work that hard, just lose Johnny's number and give more valuable rookies like Chad a call. Or better yet, give Landon & Coral the money they deserve and bring my girl Averey back too

One of their mistakes was them be unwilling to give Coral the same money they gave Veronica.   To be fair, they could have kept John & Cara being on the show every year and just mixed up the rest of the cast and it wouldn't have been so bad but the cast is absolutely recycled at this point.  I mean, I expect about 60% to be back every every...sometimes more.

xHollyangel wrote:
Daddy DAF wrote:This show has so much potential, but they like staying stuck in mediocrity because why try? You have at least 625k+ casual viewers who are ******* braindead
To be fair its MTV...the whole network has been dying a painful and slowly death for the last 10 years or so. It just seems like they are not even trying lmao so why would they try with the challenge?

They're paying a **** ton of money to useless vets who think they're members of production. They don't need to work that hard, just lose Johnny's number and give more valuable rookies like Chad a call. Or better yet, give Landon & Coral the money they deserve and bring my girl Averey back too

That's what you want not what casuals want. Let's face it casuals nowadays like this recycled casts with their favourites. They are the ones production is catering therefore they keep casting the same people. That is one of the reasons that people like the Lavander ladies and Young bucks are getting hate (they are annoying this season) but they are "fresh". Production lost their way during the JEK era and was coming around on Rivals2/Exes 2 but then Rivals 3/Bloodlines happened. I don't even think they need to bring specific people like Coral or Landon (would love to see them tho) but like somebody said just stop using 60-70% of the previous cast for the next challenges and rotate more people.

As much as I'd love to see some of the people from the "good old days" of the Challenge, we have to face the fact that most (if not all) of them are past their prime by this point and wouldn't bring much of anything except nostalgia for those of us who actually remember them.  We were pretty excited about Veronica coming back but she's been lackluster at best.  Shane coming back gave us hope for others to follow suit but he has turned out to be nothing but obnoxious (even though I do love how he gets under Johnny's skin!).  I'm just glad I have the earlier Challenges to watch when I want to see my favorites.

FromTheNorth wrote:
xHollyangel wrote:
Daddy DAF wrote:This show has so much potential, but they like staying stuck in mediocrity because why try? You have at least 625k+ casual viewers who are ******* braindead
To be fair its MTV...the whole network has been dying a painful and slowly death for the last 10 years or so. It just seems like they are not even trying lmao so why would they try with the challenge?
They're paying a **** ton of money to useless vets who think they're members of production. They don't need to work that hard, just lose Johnny's number and give more valuable rookies like Chad a call. Or better yet, give Landon & Coral the money they deserve and bring my girl Averey back too

That's what you want not what casuals want. Let's face it casuals nowadays like this recycled casts with their favourites. They are the ones production is catering therefore they keep casting the same people. That is one of the reasons that people like the Lavander ladies and Young bucks are getting hate (they are annoying this season) but they are "fresh". Production lost their way during the JEK era and was coming around on Rivals2/Exes 2 but then Rivals 3/Bloodlines happened. I don't even think they need to bring specific people like Coral or Landon (would love to see them tho) but like somebody said just stop using 60-70% of the previous cast for the next challenges and rotate more people.

I've always had the opinion that they would have more viewers if the show was actually good, and let's be real it rarely is. They wouldn't have to worry about catering to casuals if whenever someone tried the show out, especially fans coming from other shows like BB, they actually liked it and kept watching.

I'll say right now the TBC **** needs to go for that to happen, I have friends who watch it sometimes when they're over and they're always confused/disappointed when there's no elimination at the end

As much as I'd love to see some of the people from the "good old days" of the Challenge, we have to face the fact that most (if not all) of them are past their prime by this point and wouldn't bring much of anything except nostalgia for those of us who actually remember them.  We were pretty excited about Veronica coming back but she's been lackluster at best.  Shane coming back gave us hope for others to follow suit but he has turned out to be nothing but obnoxious (even though I do love how he gets under Johnny's skin!).  I'm just glad I have the earlier Challenges to watch when I want to see my favorites.

Veronica was worth every penny on XXX...she faded after that but her return was well-worth it.   Maybe it should have been a one and done but it was a great return.

You may not like Shane but Shane has definitely been relevant in his return even if he is annoying.  Brad has also made a very strong return.  The only person that really didn't do much of anything was Derrick but that was pretty much always Derrick.

Beyond all that--I'll take nostalgia over a lot of the recycled people we're getting.  

You make some good points, kvm.  I've always preferred the competition aspect of the Challenges to the in-house melodrama so in that regard, I can't see the veterans we covet having much of an effect.  That said, while I was never much of a Coral fan, it would be worth the price of admission to see her verbally tear a few (or several) people up!!

You make some good points, kvm.  I've always preferred the competition aspect of the Challenges to the in-house melodrama so in that regard, I can't see the veterans we covet having much of an effect.  That said, while I was never much of a Coral fan, it would be worth the price of admission to see her verbally tear a few (or several) people up!!

I also care far more about competition which is why I want to see Landon again.  Darrell & Abram as well.  They'll still be there to compete and i think they would destroy most of these kids...don't underestimate that old man strenght lol.   I do think it's more difficult for the women.  Although Cara is really the only female that they seem to cast that works out a ton.  If Coral, Kendal, Tina, etc are in good shape I'd like to see them again.  I think we saw photos of Kendal recently and she looked ready to go

Pages