The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

829 posts / 0 new
Last post

DScott wrote:

Gorbo wrote:

DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

Also, if there is systemic racism, then it shouldn't matter where I live should it?? Because by your logic the entire system is rigged against blacks

Im saying you should of seen it nonstop where you're from. Walk through ghetto square or slowbombs lol. 

Yeah well I didn't see it nonstop, because that is completely exaggerated. And your personal experience doesn't trump mine because you had a bad experience with the police. Nor does it represent the fact that there is systemic racism. There are bad cops out there but the system isn't rigged against blacks. Especially considering that there are plenty of blacks in the police force 

Do you mind saying your ethnicity? I understand if you don't want to. 

Gorbo wrote:

DScott wrote:

Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

Also, if there is systemic racism, then it shouldn't matter where I live should it?? Because by your logic the entire system is rigged against blacks

Im saying you should of seen it nonstop where you're from. Walk through ghetto square or slowbombs lol. 

Yeah well I didn't see it nonstop, because that is completely exaggerated. And your personal experience doesn't trump mine because you had a bad experience with the police. Nor does it represent the fact that there is systemic racism. There are bad cops out there but the system isn't rigged against blacks. Especially considering that there are plenty of blacks in the police force 

Do you mind saying your ethnicity? I understand if you don't want to. 

No, because my ethnicity isn't relevant to this discussion.

DScott wrote:

Gorbo wrote:

DScott wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

Also, if there is systemic racism, then it shouldn't matter where I live should it?? Because by your logic the entire system is rigged against blacks

Im saying you should of seen it nonstop where you're from. Walk through ghetto square or slowbombs lol. 

Yeah well I didn't see it nonstop, because that is completely exaggerated. And your personal experience doesn't trump mine because you had a bad experience with the police. Nor does it represent the fact that there is systemic racism. There are bad cops out there but the system isn't rigged against blacks. Especially considering that there are plenty of blacks in the police force 

Do you mind saying your ethnicity? I understand if you don't want to. 

No, because my ethnicity isn't relevant to this discussion.

It impacts your experience and can explain why you see Yonkers differently. Like I don't mind saying I live less than a mile from Getty Square, like are you from the nice areas of Yonkers?

Gorbo wrote:

DScott wrote:

Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

Also, if there is systemic racism, then it shouldn't matter where I live should it?? Because by your logic the entire system is rigged against blacks

Im saying you should of seen it nonstop where you're from. Walk through ghetto square or slowbombs lol. 

Yeah well I didn't see it nonstop, because that is completely exaggerated. And your personal experience doesn't trump mine because you had a bad experience with the police. Nor does it represent the fact that there is systemic racism. There are bad cops out there but the system isn't rigged against blacks. Especially considering that there are plenty of blacks in the police force 

Do you mind saying your ethnicity? I understand if you don't want to. 

No, because my ethnicity isn't relevant to this discussion.

It impacts your experience and can explain why you see Yonkers differently. Like I don't mind saying I live less than a mile from Getty Square, like are you from the nice areas of Yonkers?

Waverly Street, a block over from School Street. I didn't grow up in Crestwood or Bronxville. I've seen plenty

berklonius wrote:

Gorbo wrote:

DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

So because your friend had a bad experience with the police, that means there is systemic racism against blacks? Do you want me to cite circumstances where there was police brutality against whites as well? Don't debate me with conjecture, but rather use facts. Your personal experience doesn't represent law enforcement/governing in the entire country 

Dude, you started this whole thing with anecdotal evidence. You can't do that then jump on someone for doing the same. Don't be that guy. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if you were bullied not because of your race, but because you're an asshole.

No I didn't. Read back and you'll see the statistics I cited to disprove someone else's ridiculous theories. I love how everyone acts like it's so silly and stupid to believe that systemic racism doesn't exist, yet the two people all of you guys are calling out and ragging on are the only people in this entire thread that have actually provided factual proof and statistics. We are debating with facts and you guys are debating with myths. This isn't the 1960s or the 1800s. There is no systemic racism and nobody is stopping black people from succeeding. 

This is what you wrote to start the discussion. You did the exact same think you accused the other person of doing.  You're a hypocrite. You have no interest in honest discussion, which is obvious.

I'm so tired of the topic of racism. I'm also tired of the portrayal that only one race experiences racism. Coming from someone who was viciously bullied in middle school for being white, I know that racism goes in every direction, not just towards African americans. This whole notion that there is systemic racism and we live in a white supremacist nation is so tiring and false. 

Foofalina wrote:

Gorbo wrote:

Stan_ER wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
Stan_ER wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
Stan_ER wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
TYGUY14 wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
Stan_ER wrote:
Gorbo wrote:I'm so tired of the topic of racism. I'm also tired of the portrayal that only one race experiences racism. Coming from someone who was viciously bullied in middle school for being white, I know that racism goes in every direction, not just towards African americans. This whole notion that there is systemic racism and we live in a white supremacist nation is so tiring and false. 

go ahead and stop bud 

Yeah of course. I'm sure people will read that and think I'm "racist" or "insensitive" when in reality I am a realist speaking the truth. What I'm saying is politically incorrect but it's the truth 

Ok Camila

Haha you guys are a bunch of leftist, delusional 5 year olds who don't know there ass from their elbow. 

are you the type of person that thinks they are above people because they spent a couple of weeks wikipedia'ing politics?

No, I'm the type of person that has a brain. 

are you assuming anybody disagreeing with your poorly worded statement are brainless?

No I'm the type of person that expects someone to have a concrete and valid argument about systemic racism, instead of saying it exists with no examples while victimizing one group. 

this man literally just said there are no examples. 

GIVE ME EXAMPLES OF SYSTEMIC RACISM THEN. What is the government doing to prevent African Americans from flourishing in this country?

1. Gerrymandering - The government (both parties have done this, but currently the Republicans have been most effective at it) create voting boundries based on race, political orientation and socio-economically. For true equality there needs to be proportional representation. If there are 8 congressional seats available for your state you get 8 votes that you could vote all to one candidate or to 8 different candidates. This would allow more third parties, more minorities represented, more diversity and true representation.2. Public Housing - Public Housing creates hotbeds of crime. This is a statistical fact. While some say that it is choice, it is not completely. If all you are surrounded by is crime and violence, you suffer ptsd pretty much your whole life. This is the whole nature versus nurture argument. I am of the mind that both exist and both are equally valid.3. Education - Again we are going back to imaginary lines created by government to determine which students go to which schools and rezoning. If you go to any public school in a low income area, there are 50 students per class and tons of distractions. Go to any public school in a high income area and you have 12-20 students per class and tons of funds to cover the teachers, books, etc.4. Policing - This is government controlled and again funded by imaginary lines created by the government. After living in both high and low income areas, I can guarantee you that the police force in high income areas is much more effective and constantly vigilant and response time is in the minutes instead of in the hours.This is just a couple of examples. Again proportional representation and proportional funding state wide instead of by government mandated districts would drastically reduce a lot of the problems listed above. Proportional funding will never happen. I believe in socialism as a theory, but it does not work in reality. Proportional funding can happen on a state level, if we the people chose to make it happen. But without proportional representation we will never get that accomplished.

Do you understand that these problems apply to whites as well? So is the government systemically racist against whites too?- 39% of public housing is occupied by whites, whites make up 40% of food stamp recipients, and whites represent half of the public school attendees. The great thing about the United States is that we all have freedom of choice. Granted, if you are raised in a low income neighborhood surrounded by crime, then your plight will be more difficult. However, there are three rules to insure that you aren't permanently poor regardless of raise. 1) Don't have babies out of wedlock 2) Graduate from high school 3) Get a job. However, both blacks and whites suffer from these issues.- As for gerrymandering, the best/most qualified candidates for whichever governmental position they apply for should get the job. There are blacks in congress and senate. Third party struggles apply to all races. It is going to be impossible for any third party to become relevant because of the power/strength/cash of the Republicans and Democrats. For example, the green party that never even comes close to receiving a significant portion of votes. Race isn't a factor.- Your point about policing is pure conjecture. This isn't backed by any legitimate statistic, you are just stating a theory and trying to present it as a fact. I grew up in south yonkers and the south bronx. Both extremely low income areas, and now I live in a great neighborhood in Orlando and there hasn't been any noticeable difference in response time. That's another theory that you are presenting that isn't backed by any legitimate study. IF you can present me with a study that shows the average police response time between high and low income areas, then I can respect this point more.

Gorbo wrote:

berklonius wrote:

Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

So because your friend had a bad experience with the police, that means there is systemic racism against blacks? Do you want me to cite circumstances where there was police brutality against whites as well? Don't debate me with conjecture, but rather use facts. Your personal experience doesn't represent law enforcement/governing in the entire country 

Dude, you started this whole thing with anecdotal evidence. You can't do that then jump on someone for doing the same. Don't be that guy. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if you were bullied not because of your race, but because you're an asshole.

No I didn't. Read back and you'll see the statistics I cited to disprove someone else's ridiculous theories. I love how everyone acts like it's so silly and stupid to believe that systemic racism doesn't exist, yet the two people all of you guys are calling out and ragging on are the only people in this entire thread that have actually provided factual proof and statistics. We are debating with facts and you guys are debating with myths. This isn't the 1960s or the 1800s. There is no systemic racism and nobody is stopping black people from succeeding. 

This is what you wrote to start the discussion. You did the exact same think you accused the other person of doing.  You're a hypocrite. You have no interest in honest discussion, which is obvious.

Gorbo wrote:

I'm so tired of the topic of racism. I'm also tired of the portrayal that only one race experiences racism. Coming from someone who was viciously bullied in middle school for being white, I know that racism goes in every direction, not just towards African americans. This whole notion that there is systemic racism and we live in a white supremacist nation is so tiring and false. 

How about you read the above exchange. Thanks, bye!

DScott wrote:

Gorbo wrote:

DScott wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

Also, if there is systemic racism, then it shouldn't matter where I live should it?? Because by your logic the entire system is rigged against blacks

Im saying you should of seen it nonstop where you're from. Walk through ghetto square or slowbombs lol. 

Yeah well I didn't see it nonstop, because that is completely exaggerated. And your personal experience doesn't trump mine because you had a bad experience with the police. Nor does it represent the fact that there is systemic racism. There are bad cops out there but the system isn't rigged against blacks. Especially considering that there are plenty of blacks in the police force 

Do you mind saying your ethnicity? I understand if you don't want to. 

No, because my ethnicity isn't relevant to this discussion.

It impacts your experience and can explain why you see Yonkers differently. Like I don't mind saying I live less than a mile from Getty Square, like are you from the nice areas of Yonkers?

Waverly Street, a block over from School Street. I didn't grow up in Crestwood or Bronxville. I've seen plenty

Ok yeah I used to walk past there when I went to Yonkers high 

Honestly gorbo is the type of person to go

"When's white history month"

berklonius wrote:

Gorbo wrote:

berklonius wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

So because your friend had a bad experience with the police, that means there is systemic racism against blacks? Do you want me to cite circumstances where there was police brutality against whites as well? Don't debate me with conjecture, but rather use facts. Your personal experience doesn't represent law enforcement/governing in the entire country 

Dude, you started this whole thing with anecdotal evidence. You can't do that then jump on someone for doing the same. Don't be that guy. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if you were bullied not because of your race, but because you're an asshole.

No I didn't. Read back and you'll see the statistics I cited to disprove someone else's ridiculous theories. I love how everyone acts like it's so silly and stupid to believe that systemic racism doesn't exist, yet the two people all of you guys are calling out and ragging on are the only people in this entire thread that have actually provided factual proof and statistics. We are debating with facts and you guys are debating with myths. This isn't the 1960s or the 1800s. There is no systemic racism and nobody is stopping black people from succeeding. 

This is what you wrote to start the discussion. You did the exact same think you accused the other person of doing.  You're a hypocrite. You have no interest in honest discussion, which is obvious.

Gorbo wrote:I'm so tired of the topic of racism. I'm also tired of the portrayal that only one race experiences racism. Coming from someone who was viciously bullied in middle school for being white, I know that racism goes in every direction, not just towards African americans. This whole notion that there is systemic racism and we live in a white supremacist nation is so tiring and false. 

How about you read the above exchange. Thanks, bye!

Doesn't change the fact that you're a hypocrite when it comes to bringing out anecdotal evidence as "fact" then jumping down another poster's throat for doing the same. But keeping moving those goalposts -- it's amusing!

Gorbo wrote:

DScott wrote:

Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

Also, if there is systemic racism, then it shouldn't matter where I live should it?? Because by your logic the entire system is rigged against blacks

Im saying you should of seen it nonstop where you're from. Walk through ghetto square or slowbombs lol. 

Yeah well I didn't see it nonstop, because that is completely exaggerated. And your personal experience doesn't trump mine because you had a bad experience with the police. Nor does it represent the fact that there is systemic racism. There are bad cops out there but the system isn't rigged against blacks. Especially considering that there are plenty of blacks in the police force 

Do you mind saying your ethnicity? I understand if you don't want to. 

No, because my ethnicity isn't relevant to this discussion.

It impacts your experience and can explain why you see Yonkers differently. Like I don't mind saying I live less than a mile from Getty Square, like are you from the nice areas of Yonkers?

Waverly Street, a block over from School Street. I didn't grow up in Crestwood or Bronxville. I've seen plenty

Ok yeah I used to walk past there when I went to Yonkers high 

I went to Yonkers Middle

Gorbo wrote:

berklonius wrote:

Gorbo wrote:
berklonius wrote:
Gorbo wrote:
DScott wrote:Woah someone from Yonkers doesn't see obvious racism everyday. I probably need to read more, don't wanna judge what you're trying to say without seeing more. However, come on the way whites are treated compared to blacks around here is night and day. Story time, me and my friend get busted for drinking on the subway. He gets yelled at nonstop to stop resisting while he quietly asks what he did wrong. (He was convinced to do push ups on the train).  I am constantly told by the officers "We're sorry we had to do this". Yeah there's a difference between how white and black are treated. Sorry this example is the city and not Yonkers. I do have to read what you are trying to say though. 

So because your friend had a bad experience with the police, that means there is systemic racism against blacks? Do you want me to cite circumstances where there was police brutality against whites as well? Don't debate me with conjecture, but rather use facts. Your personal experience doesn't represent law enforcement/governing in the entire country 

Dude, you started this whole thing with anecdotal evidence. You can't do that then jump on someone for doing the same. Don't be that guy. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if you were bullied not because of your race, but because you're an asshole.

No I didn't. Read back and you'll see the statistics I cited to disprove someone else's ridiculous theories. I love how everyone acts like it's so silly and stupid to believe that systemic racism doesn't exist, yet the two people all of you guys are calling out and ragging on are the only people in this entire thread that have actually provided factual proof and statistics. We are debating with facts and you guys are debating with myths. This isn't the 1960s or the 1800s. There is no systemic racism and nobody is stopping black people from succeeding. 

This is what you wrote to start the discussion. You did the exact same think you accused the other person of doing.  You're a hypocrite. You have no interest in honest discussion, which is obvious.

Gorbo wrote:I'm so tired of the topic of racism. I'm also tired of the portrayal that only one race experiences racism. Coming from someone who was viciously bullied in middle school for being white, I know that racism goes in every direction, not just towards African americans. This whole notion that there is systemic racism and we live in a white supremacist nation is so tiring and false. 

How about you read the above exchange. Thanks, bye!

Doesn't change the fact that you're a hypocrite when it comes to bringing out anecdotal evidence as "fact" then jumping down another poster's throat for doing the same. But keeping moving those goalposts -- it's amusing!

I'm not a hypocrite at all. I provided FACTS and EXAMPLES. But nice try!

I went to both Yonkers middle and high lol.

I went to both Yonkers middle and high lol.

Wow, no way. How old are you?

DScott wrote:

I went to both Yonkers middle and high lol.

Wow, no way. How old are you?

28

Anyone think Ammo would have had a chance if he hadn't gone home instead of visiting the redemption house?

Anyone think Ammo would have had a chance if he hadn't gone home instead of visiting the redemption house?

It's always hard to tell with eating challenges, but the way Hunter wolfed down everything, I'd say no

Please take your off topic conversation to DM or start a Racism in America - real and imagined thread

Pages