The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 - Camila Nakagawa

306 posts / 0 new
Last post

A lot of unwarranted hate on this thread.  Camila's problem is primarily related to alcohol, not racism!  If she was racist, why did it take 10 seasons to come out?

Not that I'm trying to defend what she said. but I don't think people should be judged solely on their worst actions!

A lot of unwarranted hate on this thread.  Camila's problem is primarily related to alcohol, not racism!  If she was racist, why did it take 10 seasons to come out?Not that I'm trying to defend what she said. but I don't think people should be judged solely on their worst actions!

I think you're thinking of racism in the context of some guy in a white hood looking to kill black people. Racism has evolved.. or devolved...to people subconsciously not liking black people simply because they were conditioned to believe they were less than. (By family, for example) so no Camila isn't outwardly spreading hatred but when she knocks a few back that conditioning part of her creeps out to show its ugly truth - especially when she feels attacked.

A lot of unwarranted hate on this thread.  Camila's problem is primarily related to alcohol, not racism!  If she was racist, why did it take 10 seasons to come out?Not that I'm trying to defend what she said. but I don't think people should be judged solely on their worst actions!

To extent yes the hate has been a little overbearing and was unpublished to accommodate with site rules.

However, the things she said were down right despicable so obviously she's going to receive massive backlash. I think her main issue is alcohol but now with cast members coming out in protest for several years of racism that's another issue. Writing that off isn't something we should do. She is indeed a racist and that's something nobody can deny at this point.

I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...

Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

But see if he had done that Camilla would've played victim and Leroy somehow would've been in the wrong. Keep in mind Leroy is a black man and with Black people in general get angry justified or not we get shit for it and get called the "Angry Black Person". We're just supposed to sit there and let shit slide for some reason.

 

AI8706 wrote:

I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

But see if he had done that Camilla would've played victim and Leroy somehow would've been in the wrong. Keep in mind Leroy is a black man and with Black people in general get angry justified or not we get shit for it and get called the "Angry Black Person". We're just supposed to sit there and let shit slide for some reason. 

That's EXACTLY my point-- it feeds into this idea that black people aren't allowed to get angry; that the "right" way to handle it is to sit back and get insulted the way Leroy did. And maybe that's exactly how Leroy wanted to handle it, but this expectation that it's only "classy" to handle it the way Leroy did just (again) shows us the dark racial underbelly in this country, even among people otherwise condemning Camila. 

Debut Album wrote:

AI8706 wrote:I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

But see if he had done that Camilla would've played victim and Leroy somehow would've been in the wrong. Keep in mind Leroy is a black man and with Black people in general get angry justified or not we get shit for it and get called the "Angry Black Person". We're just supposed to sit there and let shit slide for some reason. 

That's EXACTLY my point-- it feeds into this idea that black people aren't allowed to get angry; that the "right" way to handle it is to sit back and get insulted the way Leroy did. And maybe that's exactly how Leroy wanted to handle it, but this expectation that it's only "classy" to handle it the way Leroy did just (again) shows us the dark racial underbelly in this country, even among people otherwise condemning Camila. 

I totally see your point, but I think how he handled it was beyond "classy". I thought it was self-possessed, strong, intelligent and grounded. Getting angry with a drunk, racist accomplishes nothing. Rising above it and feeling pity for the foo who is being racist is EVERYTHING! What Leroy accomplished was incredibly poignant imo. He smacked her down harder by being quiet, saying it was unacceptable, approaching it before the vote, approaching it before she did, telling her he felt sorry for her and staying calm was the best example of speaking quietly and carrying a big stick. If he had snapped, yes we would have understood it, yes it would have been justified, yes he had every right to do so, if that was him. But that isn't Leroy. Leroy isn't an angry, miserable person like Camila. He is funny, calm, sweet and strong. Which is why everyone adores him. It is also why he normally makes for boring tv. So much love in my heart for Leroy.

This girl is human trash

This girl is human trash

AI8706 wrote:

I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

But see if he had done that Camilla would've played victim and Leroy somehow would've been in the wrong. Keep in mind Leroy is a black man and with Black people in general get angry justified or not we get shit for it and get called the "Angry Black Person". We're just supposed to sit there and let shit slide for some reason. 

Didn't know you are black one, two you're right.  America (mainly the media) has subtly conditioned non-blacks to think that blacks are an aggressive, out of control, race.  It starts with the way your local news covers crimes committed in the community.   If you only report the black crimes in the community on the news or the local paper(physical or website) then people subconsciously think "these people are out of control."  Leroy makes alot of good points about why he handled the situation the way he did here

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/whogotnextpodcast/id1197098733?mt=2&...

AI8706 wrote:

Debut Album wrote:

AI8706 wrote:I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

But see if he had done that Camilla would've played victim and Leroy somehow would've been in the wrong. Keep in mind Leroy is a black man and with Black people in general get angry justified or not we get shit for it and get called the "Angry Black Person". We're just supposed to sit there and let shit slide for some reason. 

That's EXACTLY my point-- it feeds into this idea that black people aren't allowed to get angry; that the "right" way to handle it is to sit back and get insulted the way Leroy did. And maybe that's exactly how Leroy wanted to handle it, but this expectation that it's only "classy" to handle it the way Leroy did just (again) shows us the dark racial underbelly in this country, even among people otherwise condemning Camila. 

I totally see your point, but I think how he handled it was beyond "classy". I thought it was self-possessed, strong, intelligent and grounded. Getting angry with a drunk, racist accomplishes nothing. Rising above it and feeling pity for the foo who is being racist is EVERYTHING! What Leroy accomplished was incredibly poignant imo. He smacked her down harder by being quiet, saying it was unacceptable, approaching it before the vote, approaching it before she did, telling her he felt sorry for her and staying calm was the best example of speaking quietly and carrying a big stick. If he had snapped, yes we would have understood it, yes it would have been justified, yes he had every right to do so, if that was him. But that isn't Leroy. Leroy isn't an angry, miserable person like Camila. He is funny, calm, sweet and strong. Which is why everyone adores him. It is also why he normally makes for boring tv. So much love in my heart for Leroy.

Well said, and he's certainly boring tv, but I think it's good to see someone of color that shows you don't have to live up to stereotypes on reality tv.  Darrell has done the exact same thing(The Brad incident was warranted, he attacked him) since his Road Rules season.  I think that's needed on reality tv.

Foofalina wrote:

AI8706 wrote:

Debut Album wrote:
AI8706 wrote:I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

But see if he had done that Camilla would've played victim and Leroy somehow would've been in the wrong. Keep in mind Leroy is a black man and with Black people in general get angry justified or not we get shit for it and get called the "Angry Black Person". We're just supposed to sit there and let shit slide for some reason. 

That's EXACTLY my point-- it feeds into this idea that black people aren't allowed to get angry; that the "right" way to handle it is to sit back and get insulted the way Leroy did. And maybe that's exactly how Leroy wanted to handle it, but this expectation that it's only "classy" to handle it the way Leroy did just (again) shows us the dark racial underbelly in this country, even among people otherwise condemning Camila. 

I totally see your point, but I think how he handled it was beyond "classy". I thought it was self-possessed, strong, intelligent and grounded. Getting angry with a drunk, racist accomplishes nothing. Rising above it and feeling pity for the foo who is being racist is EVERYTHING! What Leroy accomplished was incredibly poignant imo. He smacked her down harder by being quiet, saying it was unacceptable, approaching it before the vote, approaching it before she did, telling her he felt sorry for her and staying calm was the best example of speaking quietly and carrying a big stick. If he had snapped, yes we would have understood it, yes it would have been justified, yes he had every right to do so, if that was him. But that isn't Leroy. Leroy isn't an angry, miserable person like Camila. He is funny, calm, sweet and strong. Which is why everyone adores him. It is also why he normally makes for boring tv. So much love in my heart for Leroy.

Well said, and he's certainly boring tv, but I think it's good to see someone of color that shows you don't have to live up to stereotypes on reality tv.  Darrell has done the exact same thing(The Brad incident was warranted, he attacked him) since his Road Rules season.  I think that's needed on reality tv.

 

I love Darrell but he's def had moments where he looked bad in the past. Sometimes his attitude was awful 

JodyBreeze wrote:

Foofalina wrote:

AI8706 wrote:
Debut Album wrote:
AI8706 wrote:I'm a little late to this, but all this talk about how great Leroy handled Camila's racist rant is so frustrating...Leroy had every right to be mad as hell at Camila. This idea that he reacted the way people SHOULD react is absurd. There's no reason he shouldn't have taken her directly to task for her racism, and he would've been right to do so. 

But see if he had done that Camilla would've played victim and Leroy somehow would've been in the wrong. Keep in mind Leroy is a black man and with Black people in general get angry justified or not we get shit for it and get called the "Angry Black Person". We're just supposed to sit there and let shit slide for some reason. 

That's EXACTLY my point-- it feeds into this idea that black people aren't allowed to get angry; that the "right" way to handle it is to sit back and get insulted the way Leroy did. And maybe that's exactly how Leroy wanted to handle it, but this expectation that it's only "classy" to handle it the way Leroy did just (again) shows us the dark racial underbelly in this country, even among people otherwise condemning Camila. 

I totally see your point, but I think how he handled it was beyond "classy". I thought it was self-possessed, strong, intelligent and grounded. Getting angry with a drunk, racist accomplishes nothing. Rising above it and feeling pity for the foo who is being racist is EVERYTHING! What Leroy accomplished was incredibly poignant imo. He smacked her down harder by being quiet, saying it was unacceptable, approaching it before the vote, approaching it before she did, telling her he felt sorry for her and staying calm was the best example of speaking quietly and carrying a big stick. If he had snapped, yes we would have understood it, yes it would have been justified, yes he had every right to do so, if that was him. But that isn't Leroy. Leroy isn't an angry, miserable person like Camila. He is funny, calm, sweet and strong. Which is why everyone adores him. It is also why he normally makes for boring tv. So much love in my heart for Leroy.

Well said, and he's certainly boring tv, but I think it's good to see someone of color that shows you don't have to live up to stereotypes on reality tv.  Darrell has done the exact same thing(The Brad incident was warranted, he attacked him) since his Road Rules season.  I think that's needed on reality tv.

 I love Darrell but he's def had moments where he looked bad in the past. Sometimes his attitude was awful 

He's not been that bad has he lol

Camila must really be a screwed up person and I know that's obvious, but it must be worse than that.  Leroy said on that podcast how they used to be tight and she used to stay with him when she came to Vegas, but he had to distance himself from her after watching her get worse and worse over the years.  He commented on how horrible she was to production and disrespectful towards them.  MTV how bad do care you care for this trash that you let your production get belittled and disrespected?  

A lot of unwarranted hate on this thread.  Camila's problem is primarily related to alcohol, not racism!  If she was racist, why did it take 10 seasons to come out?Not that I'm trying to defend what she said. but I don't think people should be judged solely on their worst actions!

It wasn't the first time though. She said similar things to Brandon Nelson on Cutthroat. But nice try.

CeeJai also handled Jenna's racism in a "classy" way with a old fashioned ass whooping. Camilla's has been rewarded for acting a ass several years while being rewarded and the only person who has come close to humbling her is Amanda. Point blank she needs her ass whooped.

seriously i have never seen someone so blind and not get it as much as how Camila has been handling this Leroy thing. She keeps saying we all make mistake but she isn't acknkowledging the issues. Just say you have a drinking problem and are getting help, that's it and i would support that and understand. Her solution is to have another camilanator challenge where people will pay her money for her to travel and record herself whicih she does anyway for free. She's using the name that represents what caused the racist stuff, and she just does not get it. it's unreal. You have taken 0 steps to be a better person, you are just selling your brand to people for profit...how haave you grown since, what have you done? oh yea nothing. she isn't sorry, she never was. she is mad they aired it and wasn't expecting it. Why would anyone sign up for this? Go to rehab or counseling, get help, that's what you need.

She is a legit bad person.

She's had like zero confessionals since the episode. After she was one of the main characters prior to that. 

She's had like zero confessionals since the episode. After she was one of the main characters prior to that. 

i peeped. They’ve pretty much cut her out of everything they can.

A lot of unwarranted hate on this thread.  Camila's problem is primarily related to alcohol, not racism!  If she was racist, why did it take 10 seasons to come out?Not that I'm trying to defend what she said. but I don't think people should be judged solely on their worst actions!

You're an idiot if you don't think racism is the problem with Camila. It's not her first rodeo saying some awful shit so your 10 season comment is null and void. Move along.

mark3210 wrote:

A lot of unwarranted hate on this thread.  Camila's problem is primarily related to alcohol, not racism!  If she was racist, why did it take 10 seasons to come out?Not that I'm trying to defend what she said. but I don't think people should be judged solely on their worst actions!

You're an idiot if you don't think racism is the problem with Camila. It's not her first rodeo saying some awful shit so your 10 season comment is null and void. Move along.

 

Also since when does alcohol make someone racist? It doesn't. You're racist and the alcohol just exposes it. 

daily reminder that shes human garbage

daily reminder that shes human garbage

#NeverForget

Diamonds are Forever wrote:

daily reminder that shes human garbage

#NeverForget

daily reminder that shes human garbage

No one is scared of you.

There is no right or wrong way to react to racism. If someone has the gall to say nasty racist shit to you in 2017, you very justified to pop off on them. Or you can just stay silent and let them dig their own grave. Either way, the racist is always in the wrong. There is no justification for it.

And miss me with that "it took 10 seasons for it to come out" bullshit. It's the same case as that PewDiePie dude or whatever his name is. Racism doesn't just manifest randomly out of nowhere. It's instilled in you throughout your life. If you come out spouting racist bullshit, you were TAUGHT that. Your family or the society around you or both has taught you that. So if Camila said all those racist things to Leroy in a hurtful manner, that's because it's always been in there. She grew up that way.

daily reminder that shes human garbage

Its nice not having Camila confessionals Smile

I'm so sick of seeing this flat-faced trash bitch on the main page. Let's let this page die, please & thanks! Smile

Pages