The Challenge XXX: Dirty 30 - Pride before the fall

532 posts / 0 new
Last post

Kinda random and off topic but does anyone know how many people are making it back into the house after redemption? Really hope its 2 of each sex that way their is a possibility that both Darrel and Devin can come back.

Cory is a lay-up in the final not in eliminations.  I agree he can win eliminations.

I still don't think that's a credible reason for him to play it safe, especially when you're sick of getting to finals and not winning as he is. His mindset right now is not of getting to a final, but getting to a final against guys he thinks he can beat. He doesn't think he can beat a Darrell, Bananas, CT, Derrick, so he's trying to see if he can get rid of them before that. Probably won't work, but if your goal is to win a final and not just back into a final and take bronze, it makes sense.

Had Cory stayed quiet he would have gone way further. Dario, Ammo, Devin, Tony, Hunter, Nelson and Derrick H would probably have gone first into elimination. But then again I cant really blame him for doing what he did. He can at least go into the final if he keeps his elimination record clean. Solid episode and I'm in love with Tori lol (finally a likeable AYTO girl who can also compete) 

Honestly Kailah's tactic wasn't bad but if she was going to aim for the quicker guys she should've done the opposite with girls and go with the heavy hitters (Aneesa and Tori would suffice). Then she would have strength in one round and speed in another. But she really fucked up because she had the #1 pick for the guys and you can't simply pass on  CT/Hunter/Leroy when it comes to that type of challenge.

for this mission if I was captain, here is my list of who I would've picked if they were still available:

CT

John

Leroy

Cory

Tony

Hunter

Derrick

Nelson

Jordan

Dario

Ammo

I just assume Kailah ran into a wall & the headache that ensued afterwards had her not thinking straight lol

kvm1977 wrote:

Cory is a lay-up in the final not in eliminations.  I agree he can win eliminations.

I still don't think that's a credible reason for him to play it safe, especially when you're sick of getting to finals and not winning as he is. His mindset right now is not of getting to a final, but getting to a final against guys he thinks he can beat. He doesn't think he can beat a Darrell, Bananas, CT, Derrick, so he's trying to see if he can get rid of them before that. Probably won't work, but if your goal is to win a final and not just back into a final and take bronze, it makes sense.

But who is Cory going to beat in a final...I mean, does he have to get there with...I can't even name two people.  Dario & Ammo...maybe. 

Every decision you make, when you're someone that's going to try to do every single challenge, has consequences.  I don't understand why anyone thinks that was the best move for Cory.  I want people to make moves that can help them win but there's a time to do it.  How is saving Tony a good game move?  I just don't see it.   Devin obviously can't be trusted.  Shane is useless.  But when you have Tony over Darrell...that makes you a target now and in the future.  

Cory's not very bright to be honest--he probably didn't think long term.   Jenna had to get rid of Amanda and all the other girls were pretty bad so there wasn't too much of a decision for her but Cory's was huge and time will tell if it was right or wrong.  If you're going after Darrell, CT, Derrick & John you better have an entourage with you,  Cory has...who....Nelson & Tony...maybe.   Not seeing how this ends well.  Especially with the women hating him

Had Cory stayed quiet he would have gone way further. Dario, Ammo, Devin, Tony, Hunter, Nelson and Derrick H would probably have gone first into elimination. But then again I cant really blame him for doing what he did. He can at least go into the final if he keeps his elimination record clean. Solid episode and I'm in love with Tori lol (finally a likeable AYTO girl who can also compete) Honestly Kailah's tactic wasn't bad but if she was going to aim for the quicker guys she should've done the opposite with girls and go with the heavy hitters (Aneesa and Tori would suffice). Then she would have strength in one round and speed in another. But she really fucked up because she had the #1 pick for the guys and you can't simply pass on  CT/Hunter/Leroy when it comes to that type of challenge.

When you're established like Cory, there's very little difference in going home in the middle versus going home in the beginning. There's no financial difference between the two.  As for Kailah, it was a terrible strategy and played out the way it was destined to. If there was more room to maneuver or less people involved her strategy would have worked better, but going all in on small and shifty in that particular game was destined to fail from the start.

for this mission if I was captain, here is my list of who I would've picked if they were still available:CTJohnLeroyCoryTonyHunterDerrickNelsonJordanDarioAmmo

Why Tony so high?   CT-John-Leroy-Hunter-Derrick-Nelson-Jordan-Cory-Tony-Dario-Ammo IMO.   Hunter/Derrick/Jordan/Nelson are really interchangeable in my book.  I may have taken Ammo over Tony or Dario just to see him compete.  I'm unimpressed with Tony & Dario.  They don't suck I just lack faith in them.

Gucci Mane wrote:

for this mission if I was captain, here is my list of who I would've picked if they were still available:CTJohnLeroyCoryTonyHunterDerrickNelsonJordanDarioAmmo

Why Tony so high?   CT-John-Leroy-Hunter-Derrick-Nelson-Jordan-Cory-Tony-Dario-Ammo IMO.   Hunter/Derrick/Jordan/Nelson are really interchangeable in my book.  I may have taken Ammo over Tony or Dario just to see him compete.  I'm unimpressed with Tony & Dario.  They don't suck I just lack faith in them.

Tony looks like he should be a lot better than he is. I'm guessing that's why people pick him high.

Dario performed really well on Rivals 3. I don't get why everyone act like he sucks. 

Dario performed really well on Rivals 3. I don't get why everyone act like he sucks. 

Skipped that season.  He wasn't good on Bloodlines or Invasion IMO.   All I heard about him that season was that Nicole went against Nany and he sided with John...fuck that may not even be right but that's what I think was said.  Did he win missions or something on Rivals III?  

TheKorean wrote:

Dario performed really well on Rivals 3. I don't get why everyone act like he sucks. 

Skipped that season.  He wasn't good on Bloodlines or Invasion IMO.   All I heard about him that season was that Nicole went against Nany and he sided with John...fuck that may not even be right but that's what I think was said.  Did he win missions or something on Rivals III?  

Can you just watch Rivals 3. 

Dario performed really well on Rivals 3. I don't get why everyone act like he sucks. 

I wasn't trying to say he sucks, but compared to the other guys, for that particular mission he would rank low for me IMO.

Gucci Mane wrote:

for this mission if I was captain, here is my list of who I would've picked if they were still available:CTJohnLeroyCoryTonyHunterDerrickNelsonJordanDarioAmmo

Why Tony so high?   CT-John-Leroy-Hunter-Derrick-Nelson-Jordan-Cory-Tony-Dario-Ammo IMO.   Hunter/Derrick/Jordan/Nelson are really interchangeable in my book.  I may have taken Ammo over Tony or Dario just to see him compete.  I'm unimpressed with Tony & Dario.  They don't suck I just lack faith in them.

We basically have the same list except for Tony and Cory lol.

Dario is a mid-level player. Not terrible and has spurts of good play, but not a factor most of the time. Also not terribly likeable or unlikeable. Kind of like Brandon Nelson.

berklonius wrote:

kvm1977 wrote:Cory is a lay-up in the final not in eliminations.  I agree he can win eliminations.

I still don't think that's a credible reason for him to play it safe, especially when you're sick of getting to finals and not winning as he is. His mindset right now is not of getting to a final, but getting to a final against guys he thinks he can beat. He doesn't think he can beat a Darrell, Bananas, CT, Derrick, so he's trying to see if he can get rid of them before that. Probably won't work, but if your goal is to win a final and not just back into a final and take bronze, it makes sense.

But who is Cory going to beat in a final...I mean, does he have to get there with...I can't even name two people.  Dario & Ammo...maybe. Every decision you make, when you're someone that's going to try to do every single challenge, has consequences.  I don't understand why anyone thinks that was the best move for Cory.  I want people to make moves that can help them win but there's a time to do it.  How is saving Tony a good game move?  I just don't see it.   Devin obviously can't be trusted.  Shane is useless.  But when you have Tony over Darrell...that makes you a target now and in the future.  Cory's not very bright to be honest--he probably didn't think long term.   Jenna had to get rid of Amanda and all the other girls were pretty bad so there wasn't too much of a decision for her but Cory's was huge and time will tell if it was right or wrong.  If you're going after Darrell, CT, Derrick & John you better have an entourage with you,  Cory has...who....Nelson & Tony...maybe.   Not seeing how this ends well.  Especially with the women hating him

It's not going to end well in any scenario. That's my point. Playing it safe won't work, so why not just say "fuck it?"

What could he do long-term that will get him to win a final (that's his goal)? You're damned if you do, damned if you don't, so you might as well go big. There's no way you'll ever be able to get rid of a player like Darrell that easily. You absolutely take it when presented. As for Tony, that's just another number on his side to go with Nelson, Dario, maybe Hunter. Darrell wasn't going to be on his side, he can't beat Darrell in a final, why the fuck would he want Darrell there when he can get rid of him with minimal effort? People like Darrell don't come up for elimination often, much less an elimination without any sort of work.

His goal is to win the final. Whether or not you feel he can do that is irrelevant because that's what he's trying to do. How does keeping Darrell around help him to that goal in any scenario?

kvm1977 wrote:

TheKorean wrote:Dario performed really well on Rivals 3. I don't get why everyone act like he sucks. 

Skipped that season.  He wasn't good on Bloodlines or Invasion IMO.   All I heard about him that season was that Nicole went against Nany and he sided with John...fuck that may not even be right but that's what I think was said.  Did he win missions or something on Rivals III?  

Can you just watch Rivals 3. 

Sure...as soon as I get an all old school mini-challenge

Dario IMO has very poor decisions. Bloodlines he pushed Raphy when the elimination wasn't even over. Rivals 3 he had a choice to put the two powerhouse teams in the elimination (Jenna/Vinny - Sarah/John) but he didn't and ended up getting 5th place because he just wanted to be John's nº3 lol. Honestly I don't like people who come to be someonelse's third or second. Nelson is annoying sometimes but at least he comes for the fucking number 1 spot. 

for this mission if I was captain, here is my list of who I would've picked if they were still available:CTJohnLeroyCoryTonyHunterDerrickNelsonJordanDarioAmmo

I would've picked Hunter over John, given that race challenge they had in Invasions, Hunter was quick. He has mass too, so him, CT, and Leroy would've been my priority, with John and Derrick next on the list.

I seriously love that Kailah picked Derrick K first.  Being a fan since The Gaunlet and growing up with him on the screen and seeing what he has done would have me picking him first no matter what the situation.  I do think she messed up not mixing it up a bit.  Nelson and bananas for sure but more talk before hand because what those two did was impressive but ultimately cost them that mission, not her.

Tori has been the most entertaining part of this season to me 

I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a rookie girls intro season this much.

Pages