The Challenge: Favorite Things

865 posts / 0 new
Last post

ASHLEY M. 

To be honest, the little I saw of the Ex-plosion season, I didn't like Ashley. She just seemed too manufactured as a character and wasn't sure if she was just playing a character for the cameras. 

But I loved her on this challenge. The crazy Ashley was still there, but she proved to be a decent competitor. And I liked her and Cory as a team. Plus, her moaning during the soap challenge was pretty hilarious. I hated that her and Cory lost to lame ass Nate and Christina, but those two ended up going home anyway after they beat them. 

I did think she was too harsh when it came to Jamie (Bloodlines). Speaking of Jamie, another reason why Rivals 3 should have stuck with the usual same sex partner format, I would have loved to see her and Jamie from Ex-plosion be partners. In fact, enough with wallpaper Jenna. Time to bring in Ashley, Jamie, and Jenny please. I wish Ari would stop saying no to the challenges too.

KellyAnne

KellyAnne has been a good addition on every challenge she's done. And think about it, she was on the terrible Island, terrible Ruins, meh Bloodlines, and this terrible Rivals 3. She competed against and even beat Rachel in their face off in the Island. Plus, she stood up against terrible Backpack and always called him out. And she hates Dunbar, just like I do. She's also pretty hilarious. Her face during the Dirty Laundry challenge cracked me up and should be a gif. And I enjoyed her podcast with Sarah and Susie (two women I really despise) but KellyAnne made that interview fun.

KellyAnne has somewhat calmed down since she's been back but she's still a good presence and still can compete. They need to cast her in a season that has a better format though because I feel like she can really dominate. 

I wasn't all that keen on Kellyanne on The Island/Ruins but she's grown on me on Bloodlines/Rivals 3 and now I like her. I hope she returns.

And she needs to be on a good seasons. Looking at all of her appearances she's never really been on a good season. That needs to change.

I wish she appeared on Exes 2 with Cohutta or even Wes but I liked Theresa as his partner as well. 

And it really sucks Sydney was booted from Seasons 2. Because I also wanted to see Ashli return too.

I wish she appeared on Exes 2 with Cohutta or even Wes but I liked Theresa as his partner as well. And it really sucks Sydney was booted from Seasons 2. Because I also wanted to see Ashli return too.

Yeah..they could've put her with Cohutta on Exes 2. Wish that happened. And as for Seasons 2 I was more upset about not getting to see Issac as he was the main one I wanted to see from that season at the time.

rwportland2 wrote:

I wish she appeared on Exes 2 with Cohutta or even Wes but I liked Theresa as his partner as well. And it really sucks Sydney was booted from Seasons 2. Because I also wanted to see Ashli return too.

Yeah..they could've put her with Cohutta on Exes 2. Wish that happened. And as for Seasons 2 I was more upset about not getting to see Issac as he was the main one I wanted to see from that season at the time.

Yeah that Sydney team was good potential. Isaac would have brought the funny commentary and KellyAnne and Ashli were the type to stand up to vets. I remember Robin trying to bait Ashli on the Island but she stood up for herself. 

Debut Album wrote:

rwportland2 wrote:I wish she appeared on Exes 2 with Cohutta or even Wes but I liked Theresa as his partner as well. And it really sucks Sydney was booted from Seasons 2. Because I also wanted to see Ashli return too.

Yeah..they could've put her with Cohutta on Exes 2. Wish that happened. And as for Seasons 2 I was more upset about not getting to see Issac as he was the main one I wanted to see from that season at the time.

Yeah that Sydney team was good potential. Isaac would have brought the funny commentary and KellyAnne and Ashli were the type to stand up to vets. I remember Robin trying to bait Ashli on the Island but she stood up for herself. 

Yeah. They would've definetly added to that season. Then Wes/Kellyanne would've been in the same challenge again(but not for long though).

Kellyanne really has been on some awful fucking seasons lmao

Then the one good one she was supposed to do, she had to go home before filming even started.

CORAL

I just watched Coral's Rivals Reaction video and damn, I really miss a female presence like that on these shows. Everyone knows why Coral is great and still is recognized as the face of these Challenges. She was funny, she was real, and she was tough minded. I still can't stop laughing at her and Julie's argument on the Inferno and her and the Miz still have the best male/female friendships on the Challenges. 

I hate that her last Challenge appearance was awful for her and how she was betrayed by asshole Evan and the Veterans team. I wish she would have come back. And she still looks like she hasn't aged a day since we've seen her on a challenge. 


COHUTTA

One of the few good eggs on this show. He never hold's grudges, is country to a fault, cool as hell and he can be funny at times. I wish he did more challenges because more people who are legit likable are needed on this show. I hope he wins one someday.

Always liked Cohutta too.  He's refreshing because he's chill and genuine. And I honestly wanted to see him and Nany last longer. If the Allies format ever happened, he and Isaac would make a likeable, funny team. 

dp

Always liked Cohutta too.  He's refreshing because he's chill and genuine. And I honestly wanted to see him and Nany last longer. If the Allies format ever happened, he and Isaac would make a likeable, funny team. 

OMG. That team would be every. fucking. thing. I would want a allies challenge JUST for that duo.

DEVINThis may be a shocking entry but I feel like this guy is the only one that has proven to be worth a damn out of all the AYTO that has appeared on this show. He can be willing to take chances as he spoke about pulling all the white skulls out of the bag until he got a black one and go into elimination..Pulling a Jordan bascially. Bad Idea but hey..he's willing to go do distance. He also has the potential to be an funny dude as he's made me chuckle a few times during Rivals 3. Plus he's anti Backpack and Vince and he's seems cool as hell in real life as evidence on his Facebook chat live. THen he hates all of AYTO 2 which is perfection in my eyes. Now I do think that he can be a strategic force in the game but I do think that he's gonna need a better parnter or the rules need to change so someone like him can thrive(The Fresh Meat voting system could really allow him to show his stuff).

Yasssss

CORAL

I just watched Coral's Rivals Reaction video and damn, I really miss a female presence like that on these shows. Everyone knows why Coral is great and still is recognized as the face of these Challenges. She was funny, she was real, and she was tough minded. I still can't stop laughing at her and Julie's argument on the Inferno and her and the Miz still have the best male/female friendships on the Challenges. I hate that her last Challenge appearance was awful for her and how she was betrayed by asshole Evan and the Veterans team. I wish she would have come back. And she still looks like she hasn't aged a day since we've seen her on a challenge. 

The best damn thing on here. I can't talk about Coral because it's never ending. True Challenge ♛

JAY.I know I might get some shit for this one but whatever. Jay is another one that I didn't really care for on his RW season but ended up liking him on the challenges. I also feel like he gets more hate than he deserves.On his RW season he was a shitty cheesball and bascially deserved all the crap he got on The Reunion. When he came on Exes 2 he seemed like he turned over a new leaf. He wasn't a shitty and he pretty much was just chill and competed well enough. This doesn't get talked about alot when it comes to him but he was really was a great partner to Jenna. He never berated her and he never insulted her either. He always encouraged her and pretty much had her back when it came to the missions and I really liked that because it showed that he was able to put his past with her aside and just work with the girl. Also I didn't like when Jenna kept talking shit about him. Like I get that he did you wrong and just did not respect you in your relationship but he's your partner and he's the only one you can count on. Besides he could be alot worse to you.He had this odd hook up with Jonna because Jenna and Zach were banging which was cringeworthy. Then all the other teams agreed to keep him and Jenna as a Layup. So he gets to the final and quits because he couldn't get down a nasty drink. Look, I'm not gonna pretend that I wasn't a bit dissapointed in him for quitting(because it would've been cool to see him and Jenna take it all) but ultimatley it was whatever for me. Mainly because he tried and that's really all you can ask for. Could he have done it better? Perhaps but whatever. It is what it is. Besides, that's what he and Jenna were dragged to the final to do anyways.Which is also why I don't get why people on The Reunion gave him shit..like they gave him shit for doing the very thing they wanted him to do(well maybe it wasn't exact but he was brought to the final because they knew they could beat him and wouldn't be a threat...and he wasn't)So they can't sit there and yell at him for qutting. And it really pissed me off When Backpack and Nia came for him too..like first off. He made the final regardless of how he got there. They didn't. That's not his fault that ya'll couldn't do what you were supposed to do as competitors. Win the fucking elimination Next Time Backpack and keep your hands to yourself nextime Nia. I wish Jay Dragged both of them to hell and back right then and there.But yeah..Jay's cool people. I wouldn't remind him returning at all.

You should get shit for this.

What a waste of space.

CORAL

I just watched Coral's Rivals Reaction video and damn, I really miss a female presence like that on these shows. Everyone knows why Coral is great and still is recognized as the face of these Challenges. She was funny, she was real, and she was tough minded. I still can't stop laughing at her and Julie's argument on the Inferno and her and the Miz still have the best male/female friendships on the Challenges. I hate that her last Challenge appearance was awful for her and how she was betrayed by asshole Evan and the Veterans team. I wish she would have come back. And she still looks like she hasn't aged a day since we've seen her on a challenge. 

Queen Bee.

ROBB.

I like this guy. Not very dramatic but he's cool people. On St Thomas he had a bit of an issue with self-harm and got with Marie. On Battle of the Seasons he was chill for most of the game..until that one episode when he hilariously got into it with Derek(Cancun) one of the funniest fights ever. Then he didn't do much on Rivals 2 but go into a few eliminations. WIsh he was shown more then. The guy is fucking huge now so I would love to see him return to the show because I wanna see what he can do...And gingers are awesome.

I'll pretty much take anyone from St. Thomas including Trey. This season is headed the Hollywood/DC way of no representation. Marie and LaToya have a lot of potential. Robb and Trey are good competitors and Swift is goofy but chill. 

I'll pretty much take anyone from St. Thomas including Trey. This season is headed the Hollywood/DC way of no representation. Marie and LaToya have a lot of potential. Robb and Trey are good competitors and Swift is goofy but chill. 

It really sucks though because that cast can be so good for the show I feel like. Agreed on all fronts.

El Scorcho wrote:

Debut Album wrote:

El Scorcho wrote:
rwportland2 wrote:
JL81790 wrote:
rwportland2 wrote:Darrell was great. Low key drama but great competitor. He was pretty hilarious at times too. I still consider him a better winner than Backpack because he actually earned his keep on those challenges he won.

Didn't Darrell not go into elimination rounds for 3/4 of those wins? And won 2 lifeshields total on those 3 challenges? Darrell's one of my favorites of all time and one of the best to ever do it...but I find this argument of how Darrell's wins are so much more impressive than Johnny's very confusing...especially when Darrell is given credit as the original "fly under the radar and show up for the final" guy. 

You do have a point about Darrell and you can argue he was on stacked teams and Aviv was a solid partner. I just can't consider the Island and the Ruins to be real challenges. And it's been referred to many times that Kenny and Wes had a much bigger lead on Tyler/Bananas on Rivals. I do think he earned his Exes 1 and Free Agents wins though. 

I can see why you don't consider The Island to be a real challenge but The Ruins? Why?

Becuase it was fucking garbage...

No I understand that. But it WAS a challenge that had actual challenges and elimination rounds. I absolutely understand why people say The Island was not a real challenge because you had a Champion from that season lose the only thing they competed in all season (Kenny). As bad and lopsided as The Ruins was, it was still a challenge. And as much as people want to hate Johnny, he is the only Champion guy who actually got his hands dirty the entire game.And I will say, as far as competition wise, it doesn't get worse than The Ruins, but drama and cast wise, IN MY OPINION, it was the best. I know you don't like Johnny, Evan, and Kenny, but I thought The Ruins provided good drama that brought real life rivalries to light and the drama that had built up over years exploded. The Wes/Darrell fight, the love pentagon, Wes vs. The Champions, pretty much almost everything up until Wes being eliminated was interesting TO ME. I understand your views and that you didn't find the Wes/Kenny rivalry interesting but I did until it they dragged it out on Fresh Meat II and Rivals. For them to literally format an entire season based on a rivalry of 2 people was stupid. I will say, as boring and one dimensional as Fresh Meat II was, that challenge was hands down the best strategic/political challenge to date. And that is my favorite thing to see on challenges and is something we don't see enough of anymore. They need shy away from the bullshit drunken house drama and focus more on startegic game drama. Which means stop casting people like Camila and Simone.

I wasn't serious with that response.....And That's fine that you found The Ruins drama entertaining and that's fine. I'm not mad at that at all. I just didn't. Alot of it was angering and depressing to watch IMO. But it's cool that you like it. One man's trash is another man's treasure.But I do agree with you last point. Despite being a shitty season Fresh Meat 2 was strategy minded and that was one thing I liked about that season. I also agree that they need to start getting back to that and quit with these pointless drunken fights. I get that this is reality tv and drama is needed but you can get that from the competition as well. One way to do that IMO is to make it so EVERYONE can affect the game like they could in both Fresh Meat seasons via the voting format. And like you said....stop casting people who just make pointless noise basically.

I have been saying for years that they need to go away with this stupid bull shit where the teams going to the elimination round is the last place team going against the team that the winners choose. It literally gets no one involved and it is boring. The Fresh Meat voting format cannot and will not be topped. I mean on Rivals III they had an absolute perfect opportunity to mix in a public voting. Instead of the winning pair deciding BOTH teams to go in, have them decide one and the other is decided by the rest of the house. That way people like Vince and Bananas wouldn't be able to just skate right by.

ROBB.I like this guy. Not very dramatic but he's cool people. On St Thomas he had a bit of an issue with self-harm and got with Marie. On Battle of the Seasons he was chill for most of the game..until that one episode when he hilariously got into it with Derek(Cancun) one of the funniest fights ever. Then he didn't do much on Rivals 2 but go into a few eliminations. WIsh he was shown more then. The guy is fucking huge now so I would love to see him return to the show because I wanna see what he can do...And gingers are awesome.

Robb was such a cuite. <3 (He still would be if he shaved the beard and cut his hair.)

Debut Album wrote:

El Scorcho wrote:

Debut Album wrote:
El Scorcho wrote:
rwportland2 wrote:
JL81790 wrote:
rwportland2 wrote:Darrell was great. Low key drama but great competitor. He was pretty hilarious at times too. I still consider him a better winner than Backpack because he actually earned his keep on those challenges he won.

Didn't Darrell not go into elimination rounds for 3/4 of those wins? And won 2 lifeshields total on those 3 challenges? Darrell's one of my favorites of all time and one of the best to ever do it...but I find this argument of how Darrell's wins are so much more impressive than Johnny's very confusing...especially when Darrell is given credit as the original "fly under the radar and show up for the final" guy. 

You do have a point about Darrell and you can argue he was on stacked teams and Aviv was a solid partner. I just can't consider the Island and the Ruins to be real challenges. And it's been referred to many times that Kenny and Wes had a much bigger lead on Tyler/Bananas on Rivals. I do think he earned his Exes 1 and Free Agents wins though. 

I can see why you don't consider The Island to be a real challenge but The Ruins? Why?

Becuase it was fucking garbage...

No I understand that. But it WAS a challenge that had actual challenges and elimination rounds. I absolutely understand why people say The Island was not a real challenge because you had a Champion from that season lose the only thing they competed in all season (Kenny). As bad and lopsided as The Ruins was, it was still a challenge. And as much as people want to hate Johnny, he is the only Champion guy who actually got his hands dirty the entire game.And I will say, as far as competition wise, it doesn't get worse than The Ruins, but drama and cast wise, IN MY OPINION, it was the best. I know you don't like Johnny, Evan, and Kenny, but I thought The Ruins provided good drama that brought real life rivalries to light and the drama that had built up over years exploded. The Wes/Darrell fight, the love pentagon, Wes vs. The Champions, pretty much almost everything up until Wes being eliminated was interesting TO ME. I understand your views and that you didn't find the Wes/Kenny rivalry interesting but I did until it they dragged it out on Fresh Meat II and Rivals. For them to literally format an entire season based on a rivalry of 2 people was stupid. I will say, as boring and one dimensional as Fresh Meat II was, that challenge was hands down the best strategic/political challenge to date. And that is my favorite thing to see on challenges and is something we don't see enough of anymore. They need shy away from the bullshit drunken house drama and focus more on startegic game drama. Which means stop casting people like Camila and Simone.

I wasn't serious with that response.....And That's fine that you found The Ruins drama entertaining and that's fine. I'm not mad at that at all. I just didn't. Alot of it was angering and depressing to watch IMO. But it's cool that you like it. One man's trash is another man's treasure.But I do agree with you last point. Despite being a shitty season Fresh Meat 2 was strategy minded and that was one thing I liked about that season. I also agree that they need to start getting back to that and quit with these pointless drunken fights. I get that this is reality tv and drama is needed but you can get that from the competition as well. One way to do that IMO is to make it so EVERYONE can affect the game like they could in both Fresh Meat seasons via the voting format. And like you said....stop casting people who just make pointless noise basically.

I have been saying for years that they need to go away with this stupid bull shit where the teams going to the elimination round is the last place team going against the team that the winners choose. It literally gets no one involved and it is boring. The Fresh Meat voting format cannot and will not be topped. I mean on Rivals III they had an absolute perfect opportunity to mix in a public voting. Instead of the winning pair deciding BOTH teams to go in, have them decide one and the other is decided by the rest of the house. That way people like Vince and Bananas wouldn't be able to just skate right by.

Can you imagine how Rivals 3 would've been had they did voting The Frest Meat way? It would've been way better and Backpack/Vince would've seen an elimination. Beleieve that.

El Scorcho wrote:

Debut Album wrote:

El Scorcho wrote:
Debut Album wrote:
El Scorcho wrote:
rwportland2 wrote:
JL81790 wrote:
rwportland2 wrote:Darrell was great. Low key drama but great competitor. He was pretty hilarious at times too. I still consider him a better winner than Backpack because he actually earned his keep on those challenges he won.

Didn't Darrell not go into elimination rounds for 3/4 of those wins? And won 2 lifeshields total on those 3 challenges? Darrell's one of my favorites of all time and one of the best to ever do it...but I find this argument of how Darrell's wins are so much more impressive than Johnny's very confusing...especially when Darrell is given credit as the original "fly under the radar and show up for the final" guy. 

You do have a point about Darrell and you can argue he was on stacked teams and Aviv was a solid partner. I just can't consider the Island and the Ruins to be real challenges. And it's been referred to many times that Kenny and Wes had a much bigger lead on Tyler/Bananas on Rivals. I do think he earned his Exes 1 and Free Agents wins though. 

I can see why you don't consider The Island to be a real challenge but The Ruins? Why?

Becuase it was fucking garbage...

No I understand that. But it WAS a challenge that had actual challenges and elimination rounds. I absolutely understand why people say The Island was not a real challenge because you had a Champion from that season lose the only thing they competed in all season (Kenny). As bad and lopsided as The Ruins was, it was still a challenge. And as much as people want to hate Johnny, he is the only Champion guy who actually got his hands dirty the entire game.And I will say, as far as competition wise, it doesn't get worse than The Ruins, but drama and cast wise, IN MY OPINION, it was the best. I know you don't like Johnny, Evan, and Kenny, but I thought The Ruins provided good drama that brought real life rivalries to light and the drama that had built up over years exploded. The Wes/Darrell fight, the love pentagon, Wes vs. The Champions, pretty much almost everything up until Wes being eliminated was interesting TO ME. I understand your views and that you didn't find the Wes/Kenny rivalry interesting but I did until it they dragged it out on Fresh Meat II and Rivals. For them to literally format an entire season based on a rivalry of 2 people was stupid. I will say, as boring and one dimensional as Fresh Meat II was, that challenge was hands down the best strategic/political challenge to date. And that is my favorite thing to see on challenges and is something we don't see enough of anymore. They need shy away from the bullshit drunken house drama and focus more on startegic game drama. Which means stop casting people like Camila and Simone.

I wasn't serious with that response.....And That's fine that you found The Ruins drama entertaining and that's fine. I'm not mad at that at all. I just didn't. Alot of it was angering and depressing to watch IMO. But it's cool that you like it. One man's trash is another man's treasure.But I do agree with you last point. Despite being a shitty season Fresh Meat 2 was strategy minded and that was one thing I liked about that season. I also agree that they need to start getting back to that and quit with these pointless drunken fights. I get that this is reality tv and drama is needed but you can get that from the competition as well. One way to do that IMO is to make it so EVERYONE can affect the game like they could in both Fresh Meat seasons via the voting format. And like you said....stop casting people who just make pointless noise basically.

I have been saying for years that they need to go away with this stupid bull shit where the teams going to the elimination round is the last place team going against the team that the winners choose. It literally gets no one involved and it is boring. The Fresh Meat voting format cannot and will not be topped. I mean on Rivals III they had an absolute perfect opportunity to mix in a public voting. Instead of the winning pair deciding BOTH teams to go in, have them decide one and the other is decided by the rest of the house. That way people like Vince and Bananas wouldn't be able to just skate right by.

Can you imagine how Rivals 3 would've been had they did voting The Frest Meat way? It would've been way better and Backpack/Vince would've seen an elimination. Beleieve that.

The AYTO? teams also would've actually had some power with numbers, which would make for a more interesting dynamic between RW and AYTO? IMO.

Loved the Battle of the Exes 2 piece a few pages back.  I think that was one of the best casts and best storylines in a while.  Lots of good competition too.  Bananas/Nany, Wes/Theresa, Zach/Jonna, Sarah/Jordan, Johnny/Avery, Leroy/Nia.

yes for Coral, Cohutta, Robb and Kellyanne. Jay was meh but he wasnt too too bad just fake to Arielle.

One good thing I liked about the challenge was what they did on the old reunions episodes. When they used to show the trailer of the upcoming RealWorld or RoadRule seasons and they asked the current Challenge cast what they thought about the new upcoming kids. It was like a nice tie-in to the Real World/Road Rules/The Challenge continuity. Wish they did this more often, but of course, they'd have to film The Real World seasons closer to the challenge airing dates. 

One good thing I liked about the challenge was what they did on the old reunions episodes. When they used to show the trailer of the upcoming RealWorld or RoadRule seasons and they asked the current Challenge cast what they thought about the new upcoming kids. It was like a nice tie-in to the Real World/Road Rules/The Challenge continuity. Wish they did this more often, but of course, they'd have to film The Real World seasons closer to the challenge airing dates. 

I agree with this and I kinda want them to start doing this again just to see how RW/Challenge are connected to each other since they are. Nowadays it's like they're two seperate shows and when new RW'ers get on they give no backstory to them at all.

richjoe92 wrote:

One good thing I liked about the challenge was what they did on the old reunions episodes. When they used to show the trailer of the upcoming RealWorld or RoadRule seasons and they asked the current Challenge cast what they thought about the new upcoming kids. It was like a nice tie-in to the Real World/Road Rules/The Challenge continuity. Wish they did this more often, but of course, they'd have to film The Real World seasons closer to the challenge airing dates. 

I agree with this and I kinda want them to start doing this again just to see how RW/Challenge are connected to each other since they are. Nowadays it's like they're two seperate shows and when new RW'ers get on they give no backstory to them at all.

I know! I hate that. 

Debut Album wrote:

richjoe92 wrote:One good thing I liked about the challenge was what they did on the old reunions episodes. When they used to show the trailer of the upcoming RealWorld or RoadRule seasons and they asked the current Challenge cast what they thought about the new upcoming kids. It was like a nice tie-in to the Real World/Road Rules/The Challenge continuity. Wish they did this more often, but of course, they'd have to film The Real World seasons closer to the challenge airing dates. 

I agree with this and I kinda want them to start doing this again just to see how RW/Challenge are connected to each other since they are. Nowadays it's like they're two seperate shows and when new RW'ers get on they give no backstory to them at all.

I know! I hate that. 

Me too. Another thing I don't like is that they barley show castmembers of the same season interact with each other. I remember Elka and Montana reconnecting on Gauntlet 1..Shit like that you don't see anymore. Like Nany/Leroy have done all these shows toegether and I don't recall them ever talking to each other.

Pages