Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2434
Results 331 to 340 of 340
  1. #331
    Aereas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    560

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings


    Yeah that's something I'll never understand is how anyone can watch drivel such as South Park and Family Guy, let alone in the numbers those shows put up. To each their own I suppose.

  2. #332
    TheFeedMachi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by Aereas View Post
    Yeah that's something I'll never understand is how anyone can watch drivel such as South Park and Family Guy, let alone in the numbers those shows put up. To each their own I suppose.
    Are you really calling South Park drivel? Even if you don't like the sense of humor of the show you have to admit that it is good satire. It should be beating the Challenge in ratings because the current cast of the Challenge is pretty dull and boring.

  3. #333
    iMichael is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    348

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Are the numbers for the reunion exceptionally low? I know that they've dipped lower than other episodes but I never expect the reunions to produce big numbers.

    Also, do they even order reunion episodes when they renew challenges? I always thought pre-shows/ reunions were extra episodes that were just done because they had to money to make them.

    I also wonder how The Aftershows affect the reunion ratings. I find the topics discussed on Aftershows repetitive if you what both those and the reunions.

  4. #334
    Aereas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    560

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFeedMachi View Post
    Are you really calling South Park drivel? Even if you don't like the sense of humor of the show you have to admit that it is good satire. It should be beating the Challenge in ratings because the current cast of the Challenge is pretty dull and boring.

    I'm saying South Park is so bad that the thought of a stranger watching it makes me want to hurt puppies. :cryss:

    I should qualify that with my view that all satire is pretty much a waste when you could be original and clever instead.

    As for spanking the Challenge in ratings, I personally believe it has very little to do with the cast. It seems more likely that America is just over that type of show.

    Note: I would never hurt puppies. They're so cute!

  5. #335
    FishHooks Guest

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by iMichael View Post
    Are the numbers for the reunion exceptionally low? I know that they've dipped lower than other episodes but I never expect the reunions to produce big numbers.

    Also, do they even order reunion episodes when they renew challenges? I always thought pre-shows/ reunions were extra episodes that were just done because they had to money to make them.

    I also wonder how The Aftershows affect the reunion ratings. I find the topics discussed on Aftershows repetitive if you what both those and the reunions.
    The shouldn't but they might. The Reunions are too much like the Aftershows IMO where they really don't say anything about anything. I started watching regularly with RW Brooklyn but now I seldom watch all the aftershows or all the reunion for either just because the aftershows apparently involve lying to protect the storyline and the reunion is nothing more than complaining about each other without really being clear why. They are a waste of time.

  6. #336
    V1man is offline Über Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,552

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by iMichael View Post
    Are the numbers for the reunion exceptionally low? I know that they've dipped lower than other episodes but I never expect the reunions to produce big numbers.

    Also, do they even order reunion episodes when they renew challenges? I always thought pre-shows/ reunions were extra episodes that were just done because they had to money to make them.

    I also wonder how The Aftershows affect the reunion ratings. I find the topics discussed on Aftershows repetitive if you what both those and the reunions.
    The Reunion shows are produced in-house by MTV's production entity. Bunim Murray Productions only provides the footage (You can see them listed thus in the credits). I'm sure that MTV wouldn't count the Reunion against the Challenge average, because it would lower the average. They can quite rightly claim to advertisers that the Reunion is simply a bonus show, even though they always do one.

  7. #337
    LaneV95 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    586

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Something interesting to think about Pauly D's show got 1.7 million and .8 last night. That's lower than any challenge episode this season(Regular episode not counting reunion STSHS and Pregame).

  8. #338
    FishHooks Guest

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by LaneV95 View Post
    Something interesting to think about Pauly D's show got 1.7 million and .8 last night. That's lower than any challenge episode this season(Regular episode not counting reunion STSHS and Pregame).
    I suspect they will discover that Snooki and the girls are why people watch JS. Pauly D may be a successful personality, but he is not the heart of the show. Never heard the president of the US ask "What's a Pauly D?"

    As far as The Challenges, this franchise has developed a bubble that it will never break through without substantial changes. Since MTV never makes those changes, this is pretty par for the course. Since Dustin did say he was put on a 2 drink limit on the Challenges, I am at least hopeful the crack down on drunken fights might encourage the powers that be to consider more fundamental changes.

  9. #339
    Calinks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,168

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Well, over the years, of the people I knew that watched challenges. Nearly all of them never gave consideration to the reunion. They just see it as some extra footage, like a behind the scenes on a DVD and they don't care to watch it usually. I rarely feel as if we get anything illuminating from them myself and if I had to miss it, I wouldn't fret.

    Nowadays I get most of my juice and tidbits from the podcasts. Even those can be one sides and cast members hold back information but I feel like you get a lot more out of them. You at least find out what some of the cast, wants you to believe and that can be revealing in itself.

  10. #340
    OrangeStar is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    189

    Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by Aereas View Post
    I'm saying South Park is so bad that the thought of a stranger watching it makes me want to hurt puppies. :cryss:

    I should qualify that with my view that all satire is pretty much a waste when you could be original and clever instead.
    If you would have said that satire is not your cup of tea, fine. But that generalization is just ignorant. In many cases satire is easily as clever and original (and hard to pull off) as supposedly "original" stuff.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2434

Similar Threads

  1. The Challenge: Battle of the Seasons - Ratings
    By fabulous788 in forum The Challenge: Battle of the Seasons
    Replies: 482
    Last Post: December 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM
  2. The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Spoiler Discussion
    By molds13 in forum The Challenge: Battle of the Exes
    Replies: 3703
    Last Post: March 31st, 2012, 02:37 AM
  3. The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - On the Wings of Love
    By Bacchus in forum The Challenge: Battle of the Exes
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: March 19th, 2012, 06:50 PM
  4. The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Cast & Elimination Spoilers
    By molds13 in forum The Challenge: Battle of the Exes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: March 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM
  5. The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Love the Way You Lie
    By Bacchus in forum The Challenge: Battle of the Exes
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2012, 05:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vevmo
An entertainment discussion community
copyright
vevmo 2007-2014