Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 999109
Results 1,081 to 1,086 of 1086
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The NBA Thread

TheFeedMachi is offline Senior Member

Re: The NBA Thread

Feels a lot like he is going to follow a similar career path of Brandon Roy, but with more unrealized potential.

r3iKo is offline Member

I don't get it. Ron Artest(I refuse to call him his alias) and Russell Westbrook both tear their meniscus last year, and both come back within days. I tore mine in February, and still can't do anything that requires change of direction activities. Rose tears his and he's out for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by r3iKo View Post
    I don't get it. Ron Artest(I refuse to call him his alias) and Russell Westbrook both tear their meniscus last year, and both come back within days. I tore mine in February, and still can't do anything that requires change of direction activities. Rose tears his and he's out for the season?
    Westbrook was out 6 months after tearing his meniscus. Ron Artest tore his and missed 13 days (After the surgery, his return was estimated at 6 weeks). Rose is probably going to be out for a similar time period that Westbrook was out for (although Westbrook's recovery time was mostly during the off season). You have to remember that the tear can have a wide range of severity and that everyone has a different body and recovers at different rates. You probably also didn't have one of the best surgeons in the world work on your knee.

Bacchus is offline Administrator

I went to the Celtics home opener at TD Garden last month. I was thinking, I'll drink a bunch of overpriced beer, see Bill Russell honored and so begin the C's journey to the lottery. They got trounced and I got cleaned out by the fine purveyors of Allagash White beer. All in all a good night.

A little over a month later, I stand in disbelief. If the playoffs started today, not only would they make them, but they would have home court advantage in the first round! Wow, does the Eastern Conference suck.

It's early and there's plenty of time for them to tank, but I am getting the distinct impression that beyond Miami and Indiana the Eastern Conference is a sad joke. This can't be good for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I went to the Celtics home opener at TD Garden last month. I was thinking, I'll drink a bunch of overpriced beer, see Bill Russell honored and so begin the C's journey to the lottery. They got trounced and I got cleaned out by the fine purveyors of Allagash White beer. All in all a good night.

A little over a month later, I stand in disbelief. If the playoffs started today, not only would they make them, but they would have home court advantage in the first round! Wow, does the Eastern Conference suck.

It's early and there's plenty of time for them to tank, but I am getting the distinct impression that beyond Miami and Indiana the Eastern Conference is a sad joke. This can't be good for the NBA.
    Boston wouldn't have home court advantage in the first round if the season ended today. The NBA is weird and has the division winner as the 4 seed and the 5 seed will have home court if they have a better record. I don't get why they just don't have division winners drop down to a 5 seed to make the home court advantage thing simpler (in the past, they would be the 3 seed, but after the 06 playoffs had San Antonio and Dallas meet in the 2nd round with the 2 best records in the conference, they changed it so that the division winner could be a 4 seed instead of a top 3 seed).

The Eastern Conference has been inferior to the Western Conference for quite some time, but this is an absolute joke:
    The Eastern Conference against the Western Conference: 31-67
    The Eastern Conference against the Western Conference w/o Indiana and Miami: 21-65

Indiana could realistically win 70 games based on the fact that they won't have many tough games, and they only have 1 Western Conference Road Trip left. Their current winning % puts them right at 70 wins if extrapolated to 82 games.
    Bacchus likes this.

3 days later and the East is now 32-77 against the West. The onslaught continues.

Also, the first wave of votes for the All Star Game are in: James edging Durant after first All-Star Ballot returns | NBA.com

The NBA embraces the All Star Game being a popularity contest, something that baseball needs to do.

Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 999109