Page 111 of 2224 FirstFirst ... 111011111212111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 22234
Like Tree13511Likes

Thread: The Challenge: Generic Thread

cheech is offline Apprentice

Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes - Reunion

From his interview he seemed upset that she wasn't there for him emotionally. She could have gone at a later date if not for the funeral.

V1man is offline Über Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by salt&vinegar View Post
    I absolutely think that's a huge deal. It is obviously something that was extremely inportant to him and she should have been there if at all possible. If I was in a relationship and they weren't at my siblings funeral without good reason it'd be over immediately. If they don't care enough about me to show up at a funeral, then our relationship can't continue. With that said, we don't know why Diem wasn't there.
    "Caring" was never the issue. You are assuming facts not in evidence.

FishHooks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by salt&vinegar View Post
    I absolutely think that's a huge deal. It is obviously something that was extremely inportant to him and she should have been there if at all possible. If I was in a relationship and they weren't at my siblings funeral without good reason it'd be over immediately. If they don't care enough about me to show up at a funeral, then our relationship can't continue. With that said, we don't know why Diem wasn't there.
    Having buried a brother who died unexpectedly, I can say I see it very differently. My concern was getting my parents through it as they were overwhelmed not just by the loss but by all the people who, while well-meaning, just made the bad situation worse. My concern was for my brother and my family and if I had the power to lock everybody else until after he was buried, I would have. At no point did or would have anybody's presence or absence made an iota of difference to me, so yeah, I don't get it because of experience, not theory.

skimthrough is offline Junior Member

What makes people think that CT and Diem were together when his brother passed away? I thought that happened after the fact.

Either way, Diem clearly showed genuine regret on multiple occasions regarding the situation, so I don't understand why people continue to analyze it, aside from attempting to place her in a bad light.

Imjustsayin is offline Member

The only reason Diem is made to look bad in this situation is because CT has a bigger fan base. There are so many women out there who "WISH" he would even be concerned with them and so many men who want to be like him. It's pathetic. Diem just does not have as many people tooting her horn. I dont know what to think about either one of them myself, but I think that Diem had her reasons. And from what I understand, there is more to the story.

And I also thought that they were broken up when his brother passed. Which is weird because the stories seem to conflict. CT's brother passed prior to the Gaunlet 3, and they were broken up on that show. But, Diem said in their interview that he stoped talking to her when she did not show up. Which is conflicting because they were talking on that show???

molds13 is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Imjustsayin View Post
    And I also thought that they were broken up when his brother passed. Which is weird because the stories seem to conflict. CT's brother passed prior to the Gaunlet 3, and they were broken up on that show. But, Diem said in their interview that he stoped talking to her when she did not show up. Which is conflicting because they were talking on that show???
    If I'm not mistaken, Gauntlet 3 was filmed in July 2007. CT's brother was most definitely murdered in August 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Gauntlet 3 was filmed in July 2007. CT's brother was most definitely murdered in August 2008.
    Your right, my mistake. I meant to say The Duel 2. His brother passed before Duel 2 and yet they were talking on this show. However, in their interview she said that he stopped speaking to her after she failed to attend the funeral.

molds13 is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Imjustsayin View Post
    Your right, my mistake. I meant to say The Duel 2. His brother passed before Duel 2 and yet they were talking on this show. However, in their interview she said that he stopped speaking to her after she failed to attend the funeral.
    Well, kind of. You'd have to define "talking" a bit more clearly. CT and Diem were definitely not on good terms during Duel 2. They may have spoken to one another extremely briefly (passing hellos in the hallway, things like that), but they were not talking in the dating sense.

Oh I know they were not dating but, I thought that her missing the funeral was the event that ended their communication with each other. I thought that was the reason why they hadnt spoken to each other in 2 1/2, 3 years. But they were communicating on that show. That's why I thought the stories were conflicting.

greenmonster is offline Apprentice

I believe that there is more to the story of CT's brother funeral than most of us know. Until more information gets out on here from those who have inside information, it's not fair to make a judgement about Diem or CT.

Regarding CT's parents contacting Diem, I feel that that is completely normal for a number of reasons. One being that since CT told Diem that his parents hated her on the show, they have every right to correct him and not let her hold anything against them if they really do care about her. Second, on an after show Diem said that her own mom passed away and when she needed another mom she went to CT's mom. Just because CT and Diem's relationship didn't last, it's still reasonable that Diem could maintain a relationship with his mom. Afterall, to Diem, losing contact with her could be like losing a mother all over again.