Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Bacchus is offline Administrator

Re: True Blood Season 3

Another great episode. With most shows, I often think to myself, "I could write this" but that is not the case with True Blood. Amazing acting and great scripts.

So, does Sookie get with another Vamp (i.e. Eric) or a werewolf because of Bill's betrayal? (even though he is doing it to save her...)

tatertots is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Another great episode. With most shows, I often think to myself, "I could write this" but that is not the case with True Blood. Amazing acting and great scripts.

So, does Sookie get with another Vamp (i.e. Eric) or a werewolf because of Bill's betrayal? (even though he is doing it to save her...)
    Well I know the basics of what happens in the books but they have deviated enough from the series that it may not turn out the same way, so I'm not sure.

The only thing bothering me with this season is that there are really way too many story lines and big characters. I think they have been able to handle it better in the previous seasons because a lot of the characters were going in similar directions or at least interacted with each other while on their own journey, but they just seem to be moving further and further apart with each episode.

For me it's become more noticeable this season especially when some people that I enjoy get a short scene or two (Pam, Jessica, Hoyt...even Sookie didn't get that much screen time). Hopefully they can kind of tie some stories together because I think way too much time is being spent on Arlene's pregnancy that could be better used elsewhere, like on Jessica dealing with being alone as a new vamp and her relationship with Hoyt.

Also, did anyone else think Alcide and Sookie's "plan" was horrible? Let me dress slutty, cozy up to horny were's, hope the horniest guy is involved with Bill's kidnapping. Then while he is trying to have sex with me I might be able to read his mind and hopefully he will tell me really important information! I will escape unharmed by screaming and starting a fight in a were-bar!. Yeah, perfect plan. Why didn't they just have Alcide talk to guys/ask questions then have Sookie sit safely in a corner and try to read their minds to see if they knew anything/were telling the truth? Seems much safer and smarter to me!

Bacchus is offline Administrator

Also, did anyone else think Alcide and Sookie's "plan" was horrible?
    Agreed. It was a horrible plan. Honestly (even though Sookie is my favorite) I was more engaged with the other storylines, especially Sam's contact with family and the tragic back story of Bill.

I am sure there will be a confluence of characters via a key story point in the near future.

RockSteadyVybes is offline Senior Member

Haven't chimed in in awhile, but I'm glad to see so much True Blood love!

Season 3 has been SOLID so far. Glad to finally see Alcide on the scene. Season 3 has already diverted from Book 3...but it'll be interesting to see the show's interpretation.

They need to stop making Tara so annoying. I used to like her...but now I'm wavering. Franklin Mott is going to be quite interesting though!

Stacee_Danielle is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    So when are we going to get the spin-off of the "Eric & Alcide Show"? It could even be a lame buddy cop show and I'd still dump True Blood for it.
    I am down, I get Were-fever from Alcide, he is sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by RockSteadyVybes View Post
    They need to stop making Tara so annoying. I used to like her...but now I'm wavering. Franklin Mott is going to be quite interesting though!
    Ita, I just wannt ***** slap her now...really really hard.

On a side note, does Franklin remind anyone else of a scrawny Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacee_Danielle View Post
    I am down, I get Were-fever from Alcide, he is sexy!

Ita, I just wannt ***** slap her now...really really hard.

On a side note, does Franklin remind anyone else of a scrawny Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson)?
    Looks like we have this to look forward to with Alcide

I'm hoping the storyline with Franklin will make Tara more tolerable and give her something to do besides sulk about her horrible life. I can see the resemblance to Rowan Atkinson especially since he's older now but I'll always see Forney from Where the Heart Is when I look at him.

Worst part of last night, when Alcide says "Well, at least let me go put on a shirt." Whaaaat?! Why would you want to do that? Worst. Idea. Ever.

Also, I am getting bored with Sam's family something different needs to happen besides them being poor and creepy. Sam's mother has yet to shift so hopefully there is an interesting reason for that.

Franklin is a psycho and I kind of love it.

Need more Jessica please! Luckily there was quite a bit of Eric to even it out. He even had the best line of the night with "Let's go RuPaul."

Dash_Vegas! is offline Senior Member

Really enjoyed this weeks episode, I kinda felt like it was missing somethin though. Not enough Jessica and Pam perhaps?

producer88 is offline Senior Member

So far this season is great!!!! I'm more excited now than ever before. God I wish it was a 2 hour show lol.

Stacee_Danielle is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dash_Vegas! View Post
    Really enjoyed this weeks episode, I kinda felt like it was missing somethin though. Not enough Jessica and Pam perhaps?
    I thought it was a really good episode, there was one part in particular that made me more excited for the rest of the season, but I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't read the books (or recaps like me...I couldn't resist).

I am in love with Tara and Franklin...they are pure comedic gold in my book!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast