Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast
    molds13 is offline Super Moderator

Re: what do u guys think of my real world 27 casting tape?

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousJoks View Post
    Ouch..y'all dont have to be so brash.

You need to sit down and tell them a story like about how you were raised, how it's impacted your life, and what (if any) adversity you've ever had to overcome & what makes you YOU...I'm sure they want to hear more about that than about how much you like to party.
    Hey, she asked for an honest opinion. And I did offer suggestions on how to improve it.

ILoveRW is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ocprincess View Post
    Okay guys, I just made this tape and put it on youtube. Do you think I am the type of girl they're looking for or do you think I may have come across too crazy? Honest opinions xoxo. You can type in lolo real world 27 casting tape on youtube or check out this link. lolo real world 27 casting tape - YouTube
    Would love to see you on The Real World, I think theyd make the mistake of putting you on bad girls club though.

powerup is offline Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    You want my honest opinion? Not just crazy...extremely obnoxious, maybe an alcoholic. No, you will not be the girl they are looking for, and I can give you at least a few reasons why.

It's very poorly put together. The first 30 seconds or so, the video should a) not be in front of a mirror and b) not sideways. We never see your face up close. We see a lot of videos of you drinking from a distance. A lot of people can appear 20-24 from a distance until you get up close. The one time someone even got close, you told them "no closeups!" How are you going to be able to handle a camera in your face, up close, for 3 months?

You never once mention your name (I highly doubt Lolo is your real name...), age (I can tell you're either 21 or own a fake), or where you're from (although I pieced the last one together from the few "WHOOOOOOOOOOOO PARTY IN NASHVILLEEEEEEEEEEEE"s that you threw out that you are from that area or have at least spent a day there). Are you originally from Nashville? Your lack of an accent doesn't sound like it. You must be a transplant. Based on your screen name "ocprincess", I'm guessing somewhere in southern California. Laguna Beach area, perhaps? Huntington? Newport? DON'T MAKE ME GUESS. That type of stuff is usually thrown out in the first 10 seconds of a casting tape.

You are extremely one-dimensional. Believe it or not, BMP is actually looking for people with depth, not just people who get ****faced, make out with people of the same sex, and get drunk every night of the week because they have no job or future plans. You mention nothing of a family (or lack there of), what you do (or want to do), any tough times (or lack there of) that you have been through, what you like to do in your spare time (besides drink), or anything even close to that. Do you have any pets? I see you have tattoos...what do they mean to you? I see you have fake boobs and a fake tan...why are you not ok with your body as it is? Why do you drink so much? What is something remotely interesting about you? They don't want to see someone do nothing but party for almost five minutes. They want to hear your story. What sets you apart from everyone else? You can't carry a season if you do nothing but drink (unless your "story" is that you're a fledgling alcoholic with fake boobs who may need treatment but would first like to live in paradise for three months to terrorize her roommates).

Check this out: Real World Casting Tape Tips. I recommend redoing your entire tape save for maybe one or two (extremely short - ~5 second) clips of you drinking with your friends. Go look at some of the tapes from people who've actually been on the show. Adam and Heather M from the LV season both have their casting tapes on YouTube somewhere.

I've seen a lot of casting tapes in my time, but wow...that was difficult to sit through. I'm not sure post-production crews could sit through 3 months of tape with your voice on it. They probably would have turned it off in the first 15 seconds.

Also: shots of Aftershock do not require a pre- or post-chaser. I would have expected better from someone who appears to do absolutely nothing but spend her daddy's money to get tanked every day.
    I am just asking have you ever try out for the real world if not why?

producer88 is offline Senior Member

Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

I think it's kind of dumb for them not to make video uploads available, or e-mail them a video, or even a YouTube channel dedicated so people can upload their videos. Facebook should also be a tool they use to cast people. I feel VHS is SO dated! I know a lot of people, me included, that would love to audition, but find it annoying to use such an old format. I guess my best option is to sit in front of my webcam, record myself for 5 minutes, and burn it on a DVD, and wait for them to receive it by mail. They need to update on how they cast people.

Trinidad055 is offline Vevmo Revenge XI: Sinners

You want my honest opinion? Not just crazy...extremely obnoxious, maybe an alcoholic. No, you will not be the girl they are looking for, and I can give you at least a few reasons why.

It's very poorly put together. The first 30 seconds or so, the video should a) not be in front of a mirror and b) not sideways. We never see your face up close. We see a lot of videos of you drinking from a distance. A lot of people can appear 20-24 from a distance until you get up close. The one time someone even got close, you told them "no closeups!" How are you going to be able to handle a camera in your face, up close, for 3 months?

You never once mention your name (I highly doubt Lolo is your real name...), age (I can tell you're either 21 or own a fake), or where you're from (although I pieced the last one together from the few "WHOOOOOOOOOOOO PARTY IN NASHVILLEEEEEEEEEEEE"s that you threw out that you are from that area or have at least spent a day there). Are you originally from Nashville? Your lack of an accent doesn't sound like it. You must be a transplant. Based on your screen name "ocprincess", I'm guessing somewhere in southern California. Laguna Beach area, perhaps? Huntington? Newport? DON'T MAKE ME GUESS. That type of stuff is usually thrown out in the first 10 seconds of a casting tape.

You are extremely one-dimensional. Believe it or not, BMP is actually looking for people with depth, not just people who get ****faced, make out with people of the same sex, and get drunk every night of the week because they have no job or future plans. You mention nothing of a family (or lack there of), what you do (or want to do), any tough times (or lack there of) that you have been through, what you like to do in your spare time (besides drink), or anything even close to that. Do you have any pets? I see you have tattoos...what do they mean to you? I see you have fake boobs and a fake tan...why are you not ok with your body as it is? Why do you drink so much? What is something remotely interesting about you? They don't want to see someone do nothing but party for almost five minutes. They want to hear your story. What sets you apart from everyone else? You can't carry a season if you do nothing but drink (unless your "story" is that you're a fledgling alcoholic with fake boobs who may need treatment but would first like to live in paradise for three months to terrorize her roommates).

Check this out: Real World Casting Tape Tips. I recommend redoing your entire tape save for maybe one or two (extremely short - ~5 second) clips of you drinking with your friends. Go look at some of the tapes from people who've actually been on the show. Adam and Heather M from the LV season both have their casting tapes on YouTube somewhere.

I've seen a lot of casting tapes in my time, but wow...that was difficult to sit through. I'm not sure post-production crews could sit through 3 months of tape with your voice on it. They probably would have turned it off in the first 15 seconds.

Also: shots of Aftershock do not require a pre- or post-chaser. I would have expected better from someone who appears to do absolutely nothing but spend her daddy's money to get tanked every day.
    Can I say, you go Molds! . There were so many inconsisties to the video but you pretty much pointed it out. The video was just horrible. Also it's also good advice to know what not to put in the video. You're opinion at least showed me hints of what to put in my rw casting vid.

Quote Originally Posted by powerup View Post
    I am just asking have you ever try out for the real world if not why?
    No I have never tried out for the Real World. I have bigger aspirations than being on television and potentially making a complete fool of myself on national television. I'd like to get a good job after finishing school and I don't personally think that being on the Real World is helpful for achieving that goal.

ILoveRW is offline Senior Member

If they were to cast her, ratings would go through the roof, she would be TRWs Snooki.
    plus you have no idea what she has been through in her life, I think the producers would invite her to an interview based on this video.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveRW View Post
    If they were to cast her, ratings would go through the roof, she would be TRWs Snooki.
    plus you have no idea what she has been through in her life, I think the producers would invite her to an interview based on this video.
    You're right, I have no idea what she's been through in her life because she made absolutely no mention of it. I don't even know her name.

Trust me: the producers would not watch more than 30 seconds of this video.

InfamousJoks is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveRW View Post
    Nah..

bigdoge3 is offline Apprentice

You're right, I have no idea what she's been through in her life because she made absolutely no mention of it. I don't even know her name.

Trust me: the producers would not watch more than 30 seconds of this video.
    He's right at the casting call they said they want real stories not just to hear about your drinking party style they know everyone as that. They want a interesting true story with you.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast