Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    powerup is offline Apprentice

Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

Quote Originally Posted by obinnadaone View Post
    I'm trying to understand what you mean but it's not quite clear for me. I'm not quite sure I see why you're making a correlation between age and misrepresentation. Individuals can be misrepresented at any age and regardless of their respective story.
    Thatís what I am trying saying

TheKneeGrow is offline Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by powerup View Post
    Meaning if they have rights to misrepresent people why have a age range to be on the show and most of them donít really have good stories to misrepresent? They have people whatís was 25-26 at a the casting call wow I am surprise they allow them to try out. The casting call I went to it was some people that was 25-26 and they say they couldnít try out

And did those 25-26 year olds ever make it onto the show? No.

molds13 is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheKneeGrow View Post
    And did those 25-26 year olds ever make it onto the show? No.
    Well that's because they weren't allowed to try out...at least, if I'm reading powerup's post correctly (it is a bit confusing)

nola79 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    Well that's because they weren't allowed to try out...at least, if I'm reading powerup's post correctly (it is a bit confusing)
    Leroy was 25 when the Vegas season filmed. He just appears and was portrayed to be 24.

nola79 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trinidad055 View Post
    So they changed it to 20 years old. This should be an interesting casting process then. I can't wait for it. I agree with you Npresh24. They might as well change it to 21.
    I think the reason they left it 20 is that everyone has their 21st birthday sometime. By having casting calls open to 20 year olds, it saves them from missing someone good that would be 21 by the time filming begins or sometime during.

ILoveRW is offline Senior Member

Just wondering: are you more likely to get on by sending a tape in, or by going to an open audition? I noticed a lot of the Vegas cast made tapes.

InfamousJoks is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveRW View Post
    Just wondering: are you more likely to get on by sending a tape in, or by going to an open audition? I noticed a lot of the Vegas cast made tapes.
    During a certain point in the casting process, everyone is required to send in a tape.

Npresh24 is online now Senior Member

There are 7 new casting calls,

Here is the site

Real World Casting

mpbitfs is offline Junior Member

I find it weird that they changed the age limit. I think some great Real Worlders have been 19! Julie RWNY, Elka RWB, Colin RWH, Cameran RWSD, Wes RWA, Svetlana RWKW, Trisha RWSyd, and Priscilla looks to be another. I mean, yes, there are a lot of other great cast members that are 20+ but I think 18, 19 is a good dynamic to the show... or it has been in the past.

Personally, I would like to see RW go back to the 7 strangers that are using the show as a means to further themselves in life because I can watch 20-somethings drink and have sex on any cable channel now-a-days. The Real World pioneered what we know as Reality TV, but now it has nothing special holding it up against all these other shows. It would be hard to go back because it has such a bad reputation with older generations now.

Could this casting change be for this current season because the location they are scouting is in the US. I would imagine that they would cast interesting 18, 19 year olds if they were going out of the country because they can drink legally there. I think this change has a lot to do with the drinking thing, which is sad because RW was not made to be a show notorious for partying....

Npresh24 is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mpbitfs View Post
    I find it weird that they changed the age limit. I think some great Real Worlders have been 19! Julie RWNY, Elka RWB, Colin RWH, Cameran RWSD, Wes RWA, Svetlana RWKW, Trisha RWSyd, and Priscilla looks to be another. I mean, yes, there are a lot of other great cast members that are 20+ but I think 18, 19 is a good dynamic to the show... or it has been in the past.

Personally, I would like to see RW go back to the 7 strangers that are using the show as a means to further themselves in life because I can watch 20-somethings drink and have sex on any cable channel now-a-days. The Real World pioneered what we know as Reality TV, but now it has nothing special holding it up against all these other shows. It would be hard to go back because it has such a bad reputation with older generations now.

Could this casting change be for this current season because the location they are scouting is in the US. I would imagine that they would cast interesting 18, 19 year olds if they were going out of the country because they can drink legally there. I think this change has a lot to do with the drinking thing, which is sad because RW was not made to be a show notorious for partying....
    They tried that with this season(it would seem) and Season 20/21/23 but people consider it to boring except Hollywood.I doubt that the changes have to do with location because it wasn't changed for the LV season,I'm guessing since they have this no illegal drinking rule now ,there done with teenagers being on the show. I agree but sadly RW is now a platform for the Challenges and will always have a little party sprinkled in the mix we could blame the viewer's since most people now think Denver and Cancun were the best seasons .

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast