Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61626 ... LastLast
    V1man is offline Über Elite Member

Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    A quote from the article"...zeitgeist of young people,” said Sasha Alpert, senior vice president of casting at Bunim/Murray.."

I love it when the fine people at BMP feign intellectualism. Were it only true, and were it ever displayed in a single one of their finished products. In truth, they offer nothing but pandering to the broadest stereotyping of their perceived audience.

Nostalgic is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    When I was in my final round of interviews, they told me they were going in a different direction.

I responded with this.
    I know right? Silly producers.

mph922 is offline Senior Member

I'm really pulling for a Back to Chicago season. But it would have to live up to my expectations because it's my hometown and the original season was so great. But still pulling for it.

Also, a question for molds (or anybody who may know the answer), do you have any idea of typically how long it is between the time the cast finds out they've been chosen and the time they start filming?

Npresh24 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mph922 View Post
    I'm really pulling for a Back to Chicago season. But it would have to live up to my expectations because it's my hometown and the original season was so great. But still pulling for it.

Also, a question for molds (or anybody who may know the answer), do you have any idea of typically how long it is between the time the cast finds out they've been chosen and the time they start filming?
    A few weeks to a month,I have been told A month or so for first picks and a few weeks for second choices.I am also pulling for a Back to Chicago.

FishHooks Guest

I'd like to see Chicago but I am afraid they would do an Obama Re-election/Rock The Vote tie in or something and it would would fall as flat as DC. As for the article, I think I saw one of their ads posted somewhere, maybe here, where they were looking in a past season for parents who had their child die. I thought that would be a horrible idea. I don't know if they are so much looking for stories as they are for people with vulnerabilities they can exploit to manipulate them into giving them the sort of material they want to craft a storyline they want under the guise of it just being "real".

molds13 is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mph922 View Post

About a month. When we spoiled that RW was heading back to New Orleans, we knew before the cast did.

Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    About a month. When we spoiled that RW was heading back to New Orleans, we knew before the cast did.
    That's awesome. I wonder if any of the potential cast members have ever dropped out of being on the show for the simple fact that they are "back to" seasons. I mean of the newer seasons that is. Not referring to beforehand.

LifeAfterBMP Guest

Can we drop this whole "Back to" thing? If season 27 happens to be in Chicago, it WILL NOT be "Back to Chicago".

Season 26 is NOT "Back to San Diego"
    Season 25 was NOT "Back to Las Vegas"
    Season 24 was NOT "Back to New Orleans"

Why?

None of those seasons paid tribute to the first time they were there. This is a whole new generation of the show. A majority of the new viewers the show has attracted (as well as the new people they cast) will know nothing about the first time the show was in that particular city. As far as they're concerned, this current season is simply just "The Real World San Diego", if that. Otherwise everyday viewers just know it as "Real World"

The only reason why Season 10 was "Back To New York" was because it was to pay homage to the FIRST season set in New York for the 10-Year Anniversary of the show.

Please. Just quit it with the whole "Back to" biz.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeAfterBMP View Post
    Can we drop this whole "Back to" thing? If season 27 happens to be in Chicago, it WILL NOT be "Back to Chicago".

Season 26 is NOT "Back to San Diego"
    Season 25 was NOT "Back to Las Vegas"
    Season 24 was NOT "Back to New Orleans"

Why?

None of those seasons paid tribute to the first time they were there. This is a whole new generation of the show. A majority of the new viewers the show has attracted (as well as the new people they cast) will know nothing about the first time the show was in that particular city. As far as they're concerned, this current season is simply just "The Real World San Diego", if that. Otherwise everyday viewers just know it as "Real World"

The only reason why Season 10 was "Back To New York" was because it was to pay homage to the FIRST season set in New York for the 10-Year Anniversary of the show.

Please. Just quit it with the whole "Back to" biz.
    It doesn't have to "pay tribute" to it to be considered a true legit "back to" season. Its a repeat location so therefore it is a back to season. And new generation/new viewers means bull**** right now. Its still "The Real World" not a spinoff.

Let people call it/see it as they want. It's not that serious, either.
    Last edited by molds13; December 13th, 2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: watch it...

LifeAfterBMP Guest

I think you misunderstood.

All of the new viewers that this season of Real World San Diego attracted will have absolutely no clue that an earlier season took place there.

Should they care? No. Face it, the only people who really do care are the show's loyal fans. Sadly, MTV cares more about the "every-day" viewer, more than they do the show's loyal fans.

What I'm trying to say is that, the new New Orleans, Las Vegas and San Diego seasons made zero reference to the first time they were there. Why confuse the average viewer by adding "Back to" to the subtitle?

You're right, it's not a "spin-off". But calling it "Back to (whatever)" makes it sound like a spin-off. If anything, it creates some kind of history or "previous knowledge" that new viewers might feel like they need to know about; like it's a sequel or something.

It's not. It's a new cast, new house, new stories, everything.

Like I said, the only reason why it worked with season 10 was because it payed respect to the first New York season, as clearly stated in the 10-year anniversary special. (which for the record aired 10 years ago, yikes!)

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61626 ... LastLast