Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61626 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 302
  1. #151
    V1man is offline Über Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,589

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting


    Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    A quote from the article"...zeitgeist of young people,” said Sasha Alpert, senior vice president of casting at Bunim/Murray.."

    I love it when the fine people at BMP feign intellectualism. Were it only true, and were it ever displayed in a single one of their finished products. In truth, they offer nothing but pandering to the broadest stereotyping of their perceived audience.

  2. #152
    Nostalgic is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,864

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    When I was in my final round of interviews, they told me they were going in a different direction.

    I responded with this.
    I know right? Silly producers.

  3. #153
    mph922 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,438

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    I'm really pulling for a Back to Chicago season. But it would have to live up to my expectations because it's my hometown and the original season was so great. But still pulling for it.

    Also, a question for molds (or anybody who may know the answer), do you have any idea of typically how long it is between the time the cast finds out they've been chosen and the time they start filming?

  4. #154
    Npresh24 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,071

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    Quote Originally Posted by mph922 View Post
    I'm really pulling for a Back to Chicago season. But it would have to live up to my expectations because it's my hometown and the original season was so great. But still pulling for it.

    Also, a question for molds (or anybody who may know the answer), do you have any idea of typically how long it is between the time the cast finds out they've been chosen and the time they start filming?
    A few weeks to a month,I have been told A month or so for first picks and a few weeks for second choices.I am also pulling for a Back to Chicago.

  5. #155
    FishHooks Guest

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    I'd like to see Chicago but I am afraid they would do an Obama Re-election/Rock The Vote tie in or something and it would would fall as flat as DC. As for the article, I think I saw one of their ads posted somewhere, maybe here, where they were looking in a past season for parents who had their child die. I thought that would be a horrible idea. I don't know if they are so much looking for stories as they are for people with vulnerabilities they can exploit to manipulate them into giving them the sort of material they want to craft a storyline they want under the guise of it just being "real".

  6. #156
    molds13 is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18,683

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    Quote Originally Posted by mph922 View Post
    I'm really pulling for a Back to Chicago season. But it would have to live up to my expectations because it's my hometown and the original season was so great. But still pulling for it.

    Also, a question for molds (or anybody who may know the answer), do you have any idea of typically how long it is between the time the cast finds out they've been chosen and the time they start filming?
    About a month. When we spoiled that RW was heading back to New Orleans, we knew before the cast did.

  7. #157
    Nostalgic is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,864

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    About a month. When we spoiled that RW was heading back to New Orleans, we knew before the cast did.
    That's awesome. I wonder if any of the potential cast members have ever dropped out of being on the show for the simple fact that they are "back to" seasons. I mean of the newer seasons that is. Not referring to beforehand.

  8. #158
    LifeAfterBMP Guest

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    Can we drop this whole "Back to" thing? If season 27 happens to be in Chicago, it WILL NOT be "Back to Chicago".

    Season 26 is NOT "Back to San Diego"
    Season 25 was NOT "Back to Las Vegas"
    Season 24 was NOT "Back to New Orleans"

    Why?

    None of those seasons paid tribute to the first time they were there. This is a whole new generation of the show. A majority of the new viewers the show has attracted (as well as the new people they cast) will know nothing about the first time the show was in that particular city. As far as they're concerned, this current season is simply just "The Real World San Diego", if that. Otherwise everyday viewers just know it as "Real World"

    The only reason why Season 10 was "Back To New York" was because it was to pay homage to the FIRST season set in New York for the 10-Year Anniversary of the show.

    Please. Just quit it with the whole "Back to" biz.

  9. #159
    Nostalgic is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,864

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeAfterBMP View Post
    Can we drop this whole "Back to" thing? If season 27 happens to be in Chicago, it WILL NOT be "Back to Chicago".

    Season 26 is NOT "Back to San Diego"
    Season 25 was NOT "Back to Las Vegas"
    Season 24 was NOT "Back to New Orleans"

    Why?

    None of those seasons paid tribute to the first time they were there. This is a whole new generation of the show. A majority of the new viewers the show has attracted (as well as the new people they cast) will know nothing about the first time the show was in that particular city. As far as they're concerned, this current season is simply just "The Real World San Diego", if that. Otherwise everyday viewers just know it as "Real World"

    The only reason why Season 10 was "Back To New York" was because it was to pay homage to the FIRST season set in New York for the 10-Year Anniversary of the show.

    Please. Just quit it with the whole "Back to" biz.
    It doesn't have to "pay tribute" to it to be considered a true legit "back to" season. Its a repeat location so therefore it is a back to season. And new generation/new viewers means bull**** right now. Its still "The Real World" not a spinoff.

    Let people call it/see it as they want. It's not that serious, either.
    Last edited by molds13; December 13th, 2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: watch it...

  10. #160
    LifeAfterBMP Guest

    Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

    I think you misunderstood.

    All of the new viewers that this season of Real World San Diego attracted will have absolutely no clue that an earlier season took place there.

    Should they care? No. Face it, the only people who really do care are the show's loyal fans. Sadly, MTV cares more about the "every-day" viewer, more than they do the show's loyal fans.

    What I'm trying to say is that, the new New Orleans, Las Vegas and San Diego seasons made zero reference to the first time they were there. Why confuse the average viewer by adding "Back to" to the subtitle?

    You're right, it's not a "spin-off". But calling it "Back to (whatever)" makes it sound like a spin-off. If anything, it creates some kind of history or "previous knowledge" that new viewers might feel like they need to know about; like it's a sequel or something.

    It's not. It's a new cast, new house, new stories, everything.

    Like I said, the only reason why it worked with season 10 was because it payed respect to the first New York season, as clearly stated in the 10-year anniversary special. (which for the record aired 10 years ago, yikes!)

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61626 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Real World 29 - Casting
    By YvanEhtNioj in forum The Real World Generic
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: July 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM
  2. The Real World 28 Casting
    By Npresh24 in forum The Real World Generic
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: February 21st, 2013, 04:19 PM
  3. The Real World: Future of Internet Casting
    By bsteve in forum The Real World Generic
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: July 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM
  4. The Real World Cancun Casting Spoilers
    By stuartscott in forum The Real World Cancun
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: April 13th, 2009, 08:10 PM
  5. Real World 21 Casting (Brooklyn)
    By Bacchus in forum The Real World Brooklyn
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: July 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vevmo
An entertainment discussion community
copyright
vevmo 2007-2014