Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    InfamousJoks is offline Member

Re: what do u guys think of my real world 27 casting tape?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdoge3 View Post
    He's right at the casting call they said they want real stories not just to hear about your drinking party style they know everyone as that. They want a interesting true story with you.
    *She's right

Did you attend a casting? How'd it go?

Nostalgic is offline Elite Member

Re: The Real World 27 - Casting

Quote Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
    I think it's kind of dumb for them not to make video uploads available, or e-mail them a video, or even a YouTube channel dedicated so people can upload their videos. Facebook should also be a tool they use to cast people. I feel VHS is SO dated! I know a lot of people, me included, that would love to audition, but find it annoying to use such an old format. I guess my best option is to sit in front of my webcam, record myself for 5 minutes, and burn it on a DVD, and wait for them to receive it by mail. They need to update on how they cast people.
    Absolutely, Producer, I think even before YT blew up when it was just starting out they should've used it as well as Facebook. I know at one point they were going to try Myspace or did, can't remember.

Not trying to be rude here but why the heck is it that whenever here post that they are auditioning or even a video, whether it's even good or not, meets negative feedback more than positive?

Bacchus is offline Administrator
    Not trying to be rude here but why the heck is it that whenever here post that they are auditioning or even a video, whether it's even good or not, meets negative feedback more than positive?

If you are posting here, you are not going to get on the show for a variety of reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam. This thread basically eliminates you from the casting process as it is read by those doing the casting and they want nothing to do with people who post on Vevmo (for obvious, spoiler reasons.)

About 99.999% of people that email or message me asking for their accounts to be removed or deleted are people who posted in this thread and others of its ilk (i.e. Jasonsmith1989 probably wasn't the most anonymous user name to use.)

So in the end, if you are serious about applying for the show - feel free to read all that has been shared. Just don't waste your time asking us about the casting process as we don't know and by posting here you are putting up red flags that will in the end hurt you cause.

P.s. I won't even get into how many people actually email vevmo their request to be cast for the show...

bigdoge3 is offline Apprentice

Re: what do u guys think of my real world 27 casting tape?

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousJoks View Post
    *She's right

Did you attend a casting? How'd it go?
    Yea I tried out just to see what it's like. It's a lot more real than what people thought. But for my group she kept three people who all had deaths in the immediate family or a current family member really sick or something. Those were the only three who had anything like that to. But she asked us three questions first was to tell us about ourselves, second question was what's something you regret or could go back and change. The third question was what's one word that describes you. Overall great experience, met a lot of cool people.

guest Guest

They are only casting 20-24 yr old people, not 18-24, meaning the new MTV rule about alcohol must have changed the age range, and also that Real World 27 will be in the USA since the rule wouldn't be a problem had it been outside the US.

anteater is offline Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by g30068g View Post
    They are only casting 20-24 yr old people, not 18-24, meaning the new MTV rule about alcohol must have changed the age range, and also that Real World 27 will be in the USA since the rule wouldn't be a problem had it been outside the US.
    Wow I didn't. That is a good thing that I'm 20 and not 18 or 19. I'm going to try to try out for Season 28.

The casting website list has no maximum age though.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousJoks View Post
    The casting website list has no maximum age though.
    Look again.

"You must be age 20 or older, and appear to be between the ages of 20-24."

So actually it seems as if people who are above 24 are now officially eligible if they look younger.

Look again.

"You must be age 20 or older, and appear to be between the ages of 20-24."

So actually it seems as if people who are above 24 are now officially eligible if they look younger.
    I only needed to look once.

Saying " they are only casting 20-24 yr old people" is not the same as "You must be age 20 or older, and appear to be between the ages of 20-24"

FishHooks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    If you are posting here, you are not going to get on the show for a variety of reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam. This thread basically eliminates you from the casting process as it is read by those doing the casting and they want nothing to do with people who post on Vevmo (for obvious, spoiler reasons.)

About 99.999% of people that email or message me asking for their accounts to be removed or deleted are people who posted in this thread and others of its ilk (i.e. Jasonsmith1989 probably wasn't the most anonymous user name to use.)

So what you are really saying is that if you make it to the semi-finals, find out everything you can about the competition, decide who is most likely to beat you, and set up a Vevmo account pretending to be them so you will win and they will not :to_pick_ones_nose2:

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast