Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    RubenJay05 is offline Member

Re: Real World 26 - Casting

Watching Adam's tape should give everyone hope. That was the most undetailed and almost embarrassingly bland audition I've ever seen for RW. I specifically remember Amaya's, Mel's (Philly), Sarah (Philly), and Melissa's (New Orleans) and they were just so amped with personality. They definitely didn't say "stuff like that" over and over again, lol. Now for something extremely embarrassing... I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent person with a promising future. I work, I go to school, I make money, never been in trouble before, come from a good family... so why is it that I am extremely and I emphasize EXTREMELY attracted to Adam and have been since he appeared on the screen. He honestly just made my number 2 spot right under Brad. Should I seek therapy? :: Runs to replay Adam's audition ::

journalme is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by castaway98 View Post
    AGREED. The casting directors in my opinion are so meh. At today's casting call our casting director asked us two questions: describe yourself in one word, and ask the person across from you one question.

Then it was rushed because more people showed up.

Casting calls are a terrible experience, and everyone is just better off sending a tape. Mainly because there is no way they can paint an accurate picture of you from your application, and from two questions.
    Bunim/Murray Productions Casts For MTV's 'The Real World' In Pittsburgh - Entertainment News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh << she interviewed me in the semi finals last year, she is sooooo boring.

According to Damon Furberg, a Casting Director 85 percent of the people casted go to a casting call. He said If you cant stand out from 10 people and make an impression in 5 mins no way you can carry a whole season

castaway98 is offline Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by journalme View Post
    Bunim/Murray Productions Casts For MTV's 'The Real World' In Pittsburgh - Entertainment News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh << she interviewed me in the semi finals last year, she is sooooo boring.

According to Damon Furberg, a Casting Director 85 percent of the people casted go to a casting call. He said If you cant stand out from 10 people and make an impression in 5 mins no way you can carry a whole season

haha, are you from pittsburgh?
    so am I.

and yeah she was there today at pittsburgh's casting call, and last year at West Virginia's.

However, she didn't interview today. She was training a new director, he was pretty good, but definitely did a good job of having a decent interview imo.

VevmoFan is offline Apprentice

Because I failed so hard at last years casting call I had to redeem myself this year around :P..

I went to the Ann Arbor call this past week, was fun times once again. I was happy I had a different casting director then last year (this girl found Leroy from RW-Vegas) and she seemed like she actually loved her job unlike the last guy I had. I did notice a few of the questions were worded differently on this years app (also they took off a few questions)

Anyways my group was a buncha duds for the most part besides a guy who was in the army before he lost his eye in duty, now hes married but seeing another women on the side, and a girl that was on MTV's Made already.

This director had everyone do the usual "Introduce yourself, and one fun fact that isnt on the written app", but instead of the group discussion questions, she asked (one) question pertaining to what you wrote on your app.

When it was my turn she actually asked me multiple questions, and let another person in the group ask me a question. So I def feel she was interested in me and she did seem to like my answers (even seemed to typecast me in a certain role when she tried to define me in a sentence), but sadly I didnt make the next round ..

She said they would be calling later that night because she had to to talk to her boss and was saying it woulda been from a certain area code # and make sure your voicemail isn't full else she would skip ya for the interviews the next day, no one stayed back in my group.

This will be my last attempt at Real World because I really couldn't have done any better then I did this time around ^_^, oh wells onto survivor!

KitKatsBrkFs is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VevmoFan View Post
    This will be my last attempt at Real World because I really couldn't have done any better then I did this time around ^_^, oh wells onto survivor!
    I want to be on survivor too.

Quote Originally Posted by journalme View Post
    OM I always imagined that casting directors were attractive people. If she was the interviewer I would just walk out. Oh she also does casting for the bad girls club too. I wish they made a Bad Boys Club... but that would be pretty gay; I don't know how that would work out. All I know is that I just want to fight and argue with people for 2 months and do nothing else.

Dash_Vegas! is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KitKatsBrkFs View Post
    I want to be on survivor too.

OM I always imagined that casting directors were attractive people. If she was the interviewer I would just walk out. Oh she also does casting for the bad girls club too. I wish they made a Bad Boys Club... but that would be pretty gay; I don't know how that would work out. All I know is that I just want to fight and argue with people for 2 months and do nothing else.
    Haha, nice

I don't think this show would work like the Bad Girls Club... Guy's just aren't as catty and malicious as girls. There wouldn't be a fight for control of the house. 7 dudes would argue, fight, and make up immediately. At least that's how I would be living with 6 other dudes.

Not saying I wouldn't watch it though...
    Last edited by Dash_Vegas!; March 17th, 2011 at 12:22 AM.

SeanDaniel is offline Senior Member

Isolate 7 guys in 1 house and it would take you six months to get an hour's conversation that didn't have to do with toilet paper, beer, or sports. People would just sleep, eat and pass gas 24/7.

RubenJay05 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDaniel View Post
    Isolate 7 guys in 1 house and it would take you six months to get an hour's conversation that didn't have to do with toilet paper, beer, or sports. People would just sleep, eat and pass gas 24/7.
    Well thats why you cast at least 2 gay guys, haha. Even straight guys like Adam, who is a bad boy, would probably have more too him than toilet paper, beer, and sports. You just have to find the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenJay05 View Post
    Well thats why you cast at least 2 gay guys, haha. Even straight guys like Adam, who is a bad boy, would probably have more too him than toilet paper, beer, and sports. You just have to find the right people.
    who would be the target audience? Guys tend not to watch guys unless its sports or news.

Quote Originally Posted by castaway98 View Post
    haha, are you from pittsburgh?
    so am I.

and yeah she was there today at pittsburgh's casting call, and last year at West Virginia's.

However, she didn't interview today. She was training a new director, he was pretty good, but definitely did a good job of having a decent interview imo.
    No im not from pittsburg... midwest boy here

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast