Bacchus is offline Administrator

Michael Ross - Saving the World

This is pretty cool although I think maybe someone should talk him into refurbishing android devices as well (being there are so many of them.)

One man's trash is another man's treasure -- at least according to an ex-'Real World: Las Vegas' star, who's taking America's old, broken Apple products ... and turning them into charity gold.

It's pretty cool ... Michael Ross -- aka the straight-laced guy from 'RW' season 25 -- just started a non-profit called Greenest Genius that fixes up Macs, iPads, and iPods ... then donates a portion of the refurbished material back to impoverished children around the world.

Now here's the "genius" part -- the rest of the fixed-up products are then sold back to Americans to help finance the non-profit.

As for the above pics -- Ross tells us, they were snapped at an all-boys orphanage in El Progresso, Honduras recently ... where he donated one laptop, an iPad, and an iPod touch.

In case it wasn't already obvious ... Michael's company also helps the environment, preventing a bunch of otherwise hazardous electronics from filling American landfills -- hence the "Greenest" part of its name.

Steve Jobs would be proud.
    via TMZ

FishHooks Guest

Re: Michael Ross - Saving the World

The article is wrong. The website says very clearly they do not take broken Apple products. They have to be in good working order for them to buy them from you.

ILoveRW is offline Senior Member

I find it hard to believe, based on the character I saw on the show, Mike's motivation for doing this is "saving the world".

FishHooks Guest

I wonder how many apps and music downloads third-world children can afford to buy from Apple. :devil2:

I wish him luck but this sounds only slightly more charitable than Nate's high-dollar rubber watches for suicide awareness.