Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Scripted Television: Generic Thread

Nostalgic is offline Elite Member

Re: Scripted Television: Generic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YvanEhtNioj View Post
    So did anyone catch up with Hit The Floor?!?! cant wait for season 2!

Wayyy better than Single Ladies
    YvanEhtNioj likes this.

202mitch is online now Member

ooo I stopped watching after episode 4, but not because i didn't like it... i found it hard to keep up with, what with all my other top priority shows haha... but now that "Under The Dome" is out of the picture because it is pure crap... did the season end well?? No spoilers please haha

Under the Dome is amazing, what are you talking about?

I tried really, REALLY hard to get into it... I loved the concept, loved that it had a big cast and several stories, and that it was somewhat unpredictable. They set it up perfectly in the premiere... but as the season has progressed, I literally want to facepalm at every single character... they are all so stupid. Some of the worst acting I have every seen... Having Angie repeatedly captured drove me insane at how stupid it was. The fact that the red-head still can't figure out that Barbie killed her husband when its so obvious with all the info shes collected. Every single character treats the audience like a kid... like they have to say every little thing about what is going on at that moment like we can't see it ourselves.

The final straw was last week when there was some good plot progression with the town going mad and greedy, but the second it starts to rain, everyone works together as if they are all friends. Also, just the fact that the woman had to run out into the road, and the truck just conveniently crashed into the water tower... that's what has annoyed me the most about the show... how "convenient" everything is... oh yeah, and killing off the diner boss? they couldve at least developed her a little more than that before killing her.. shes probably one of the most well known actors from the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by 202mitch View Post
    I tried really, REALLY hard to get into it... I loved the concept, loved that it had a big cast and several stories, and that it was somewhat unpredictable. They set it up perfectly in the premiere... but as the season has progressed, I literally want to facepalm at every single character... they are all so stupid. Some of the worst acting I have every seen... Having Angie repeatedly captured drove me insane at how stupid it was. The fact that the red-head still can't figure out that Barbie killed her husband when its so obvious with all the info shes collected. Every single character treats the audience like a kid... like they have to say every little thing about what is going on at that moment like we can't see it ourselves.

The final straw was last week when there was some good plot progression with the town going mad and greedy, but the second it starts to rain, everyone works together as if they are all friends. Also, just the fact that the woman had to run out into the road, and the truck just conveniently crashed into the water tower... that's what has annoyed me the most about the show... how "convenient" everything is... oh yeah, and killing off the diner boss? they couldve at least developed her a little more than that before killing her.. shes probably one of the most well known actors from the cast.
    harper's island is still cbs' best work
    202mitch and Bacchus like this.

I lovvved harper's island!! I know most people aren't looking forward to it... but I hope the new "Scream" tv show follows the HI format, with a death each episode, and the killer revealed in the finale or second-last episode of each season.
    Nostalgic likes this.

Britney is offline Member

Downton Abbey - new season starts soon (the 22nd). Yaaaay!
    Nostalgic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 202mitch View Post
    I lovvved harper's island!! I know most people aren't looking forward to it... but I hope the new "Scream" tv show follows the HI format, with a death each episode, and the killer revealed in the finale or second-last episode of each season.
    I don't think they'll necessarily have a death each episode but as long as its not like Halloween 3 or F13 television show them I'm good.

Bacchus is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    Downton Abbey - new season starts soon (the 22nd). Yaaaay!
    It premieres January 5th in the United States.

Last year I had the entire season completely ruined because all the major media outlets (including CNN on the front page) reported the death and departure of a main character before a single episode aired on PBS. I don't know anyone who is planning on waiting until January to watch this time around after getting burned, although per forum rules I will not go down that road.

PBS on 'Downton Abbey' scheduling: Spoilers aren't such a bad thing

Britney is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    It premieres January 5th in the United States.
    Oh, sorry. Being in the UK now, I forgot about the release date discrepancy. I actually never watched this show at all when I was in the US.

It's strange when the UK is actually the one ahead of the US when it comes to broadcasting a program. :P And before anyone says, "That's because it's a British program", shut up! I'm just saying it feels strange.

I myself will abstain from posting any thoughts about episodes until my countrymen have caught up! It is the only hono(u)rable thing to do.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast