Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    guest2 Guest

Re: Survivor Borneo: Kelly Wiglesworth

Erika had to be way after that since she was on TAR5 as a contestant.

"why would the current casting directors cast people they dont know and had no experience casting"

Because its their job. And they can easily watch those seasons to get a sense of personalities. Those 2 seasons are the highest rated, so if you want to drive in old fans for a new round of the show, its their best bet for people curious to see what those people are up to. All-Stars did have a good amount of Borneo and Australia, but I'd love to see Gretchen, Joel, and especially Kelly given how far she made it and how this could be her second chance. Stacey and Dirk no chance due to the lawsuit (google it), BB and Sonja too old, Jenna L probably hiding in shame (or else she probably woulda been at the reunion), even Sean or Greg. Kelly did only lose by one vote, and Richard got all the fame. I'm not a big Survivor person, I have no idea who Cirie is and putting on her (and others) on TV a third time makes me even less interested. However, a Survivor: Second Chance with people kicked off first or second would be great.

Not to get off topic from the thread, which is about Kelly.

ssseeeaaann is offline Senior Member

I think that one of the theories I read over the summer makes sense -- Lynne puts people on whose presence will not impede on the people she recruits. If her recruits do well and turn out to be huge characters, she can take credit with the corporate bosses at CBS. It seems to be all about the egos rather than what's good for the show. I read that Erika recruited Russell but Lynne takes the credit.

Anyway, Kelly. She really would have been an interesting choice for HVV. She had what was definitely a dynamic story of her versus the game. The game was so pure back then, that we no longer see that anymore. Now that the show has been tarnished with things like exile island, final 3, immunity idols, etc., it would be interesting to throw someone like Kelly back into the mix. Because really, for 65% of the cast, they are playing in the same style of game. But Kelly would be an old person playing in a completely transformed game, and it would really interest me more as a viewer. Forget the obvious "she'd be better than Danielle or Candice," because while true, I'd even say she'd be better than Cirie, Parvati or Amanda -- they are the same people playing in the same style game for the 3rd time.

RockSteadyVybes is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by molds13 View Post
    Yeah, but homeboy looks good for being 81!!

EDIT: Make that 82 as of today. I had to Google to see how old he was, haha. So happy birthday to Rudy!

I actually don't know if Kelly would've been good for HvV. Since they're supposedly making every other season a contestant repeat, maybe she'll pop up soon.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa....every other season is going to have all-stars?? Like Guatemala did?

molds13 is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RockSteadyVybes View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa....every other season is going to have all-stars?? Like Guatemala did?
    Yeah...ssseeeaaann posted the article in the generic thread. Sad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2