The Real Road 2: European Escapade(Game Thread)

1397 posts / 0 new
Last post

In general, I just was very, very disappointed to be an American this election. In every president I've had, I felt a sense of pride at one point or another even though both George W. and Obama had their flawed moments.

I remember watching the debates between Trump and Hilary and thinking, god, I CANNOT believe it's come to this. I honestly don't think we could have gotten worse candidates. And it was the first time that I was sad and disappointed in my country.

HOWEVER, I don't think people should 100% give up on Trump just yet. Despite his many, many flaws, he does have a business mind and some positive attributes he can offer.

for discussion sake, why have you been disappointed and utter disgusted. I'm honestly curious

The Republicans right now that have control believe that the Deomcrats are the enemy, and instead of wanting to make the whole USA better, they're pitting one side against another. Their health care bill that was recently passed through the House was not thoroughly checked through or even read through (no CBO score - that'll have to come before the Senate can vote).

That, and their way of gridlocking government. HonestTea made a note to mention that Trump got Scalia's replacement on the Supreme Court...nevermind the fact that Garland never got a hearing, nevermind the fact that McCain publicly came out before the election and said that, if Hillary won, they would've stalled that open seat for four more years. The Republicans don't want to reach across the aisle - they only care about their damn selves, and after what Obama went through during his two terms - the verbal onslaughter from right-wing media frenzies and those on the Hill - I feel that today's GOP is one of hate.

We don't even need a regulator for this lol

i said fuck this shit and left my house 15 minutes ago I'm pissed and have something to dolol. If he comes back then you'll have a regulator.

deeper wrote:

I lean Democratic - voted Bernie in the primary, fell in line with HIllary in the general - and I have to agree with the bolded. I'm not in love with what Bernie has to offer - not even as a starting conversation point on Capitol Hill, but there are so many people that swallow so easily, and if you're not for him, you're a shill, and shills are awful, and all liberals are too pansy...it so fucking ad-verbatim nowadays.

SJW and hardcore "Feminists" (I put that in quotations, because a lot of modern "feminists" aren't actually for gender equality, but rather for a SJW agenda) were super active on my college campus and so readily attack people and their ideas. I see a lot of it on Facebook too. It honestly made me sick and I think it turned a lot of people away from liberal views like I said.

ItalianBeats wrote:

deeper wrote:I have mixed feelings as well. I do think that a big part of why Trump and Republicans in general were able to sway a lot of people is that, in general, liberals are becoming more and more "my way or the highway". The Social Justice Warrior, Feminism, etc. that a lot of liberals present is very brash, harsh, and their need for everyone to be completely accepting and politically correct over the last decade or so has turned away A LOT of people I know.(I'm not saying all liberals are this way obviously, just how not all conservatives are confederate flag-wearing hicks in giant pickups)

same. I went to a liberal arts college and when I went back for homecoming just listening to some of these people talk I was literally baffled.

He's also a danger because some of his supporters could feel that since he's in the office, that it's ok to release their racists and angry ideologies without any repercussions.

I don't like Donald Trump and what he represents. Plus, his family used to be linked with the KKK, which could make him a dangerous man to lead the biggest country in the world. Most of people who voted for him are somehow agree with his supremacists ideas.He's also a danger because sow of his supporters could feel that since he's in the office, that it's ok to release their racists and angry ideologies without any repercussions.

We aren't the biggest country in the world... Maybe (one of) the most influential is what you meant?

I don't agree with anyone saying he's dangerous because his family "used to be linked to the KKK". A lot of people nowadays could be unknowingly be linked to the KKK, various mafias, slaveowners, etc. It doesn't represent their ideas.

He definitely needs a better PR team and has said some offensive things so I get where you're coming from, I just don't agree with that point^

Here, and I am not personally a fan of Trump a lot of it is due to his rhetoric when he speaks, I think his Ego is ridiculous but I am not surprised in the slightest that he won..I voted independent because I knew i needed to vote on morals regardless of chances of winning

Biggest country in the sense, most powerful one, the richest one. I know that Russia is the biggest one by size.

Donald Trump has racist views and based his election on that. He referred Mexicans as "immigrants" and rejected Kanye West for his garden/tea (whatever you call it) party, because he wasn't a "traditional" American (I would like to know what does that mean). He does have business skills which could lead to good economics reforms, but in the same time, I think he will rather try to protect and increase the wealth of his caste and impoverish the middle class and the poor ones, with the high taxes.

However, Hillary isn't better and I could say she is worse because she's acting like she overly tolerant while she did referred Black men as "sexual predators", and was opleny against "gay marriage".

camilinator2370 wrote:

I didn't mean to say he was racist just because of his family, I said he shares and he does the same views as them. Why does he still have a great relationship with David Duke (former leader of the KKK) ?

Oh no I think sexism was prominent in this election which makes me really sad. But you also have to take who was running into affect as in Hillary. Women didn't want to vote for her cuz of her own discretions. I should only speak for myself tho not every woman everywhere.

camilinator2370 wrote:

great question. I don't know about that

deeper wrote:

camilinator2370 wrote:Yes a good portion of America is racist. Yes trump got a good portion of America to vote for him.  But to imply those ideologies I have to disagree with.

Do both of you not believe that there was some form of an -ism (whether it'd be racism for blacks in general, seeing Obama being a success, or some form of sexism with Hillary) that propelled a group of the population to vote for Trump?I'm not saying that those -ism's are the entire reason of the Democrats's demise - Hillary did not do well on selling her vision for America, and there was something about her that felt off (not the 'pizzagate' or the 'Robert Byrd' fake bullshit, and even Benghazi falls in there...but the normal, corrupt politician that came off as two-faced).

I don't think true racists, sexists, etc. caused a change in the results. But many could argue the same thing for Obama (that black people vote for him just for being black), and Hilary (women voting for her just because she's a woman). I think people who vote this way are small extremist groups, and I doubt they have a real impact on the results.

Did Trump probably garner some racists and sexist votes? Absolutely. Did they ultimately decide the election? I don't think so. That's what I was trying to say lol

camilinator2370 wrote:

What was the nature of the relationship?

DanishBoy wrote:

camilinator2370 wrote:My family on my dads side were German. Doesn't that mean I'm a nazi? No, does that mean my family could've been. Yes. But  why should I be judged of something my family did 80 years ago.

What was the nature of the relationship?I'm wary of these kind of topics because I feel like it's probably just media BS, but maybe I'm missing something.

exactly. We could hear that. But where is it coming from. Which goes back to my saying of how bias the media is

It seems to me from here that, while never being all for same-sex marriage 100% until a time when it was mostly deemed acceptable by society, she's always been for same-sex marriage at points in her career.

Black people represents only from 13 to 17% of the total population while White are more than 60%. Obama would never win with that "Black vote" alone. Despite some Whites would have voted for him for this reason alone, should I reckon. I don't think it would have been enough.

Donald Trump views played a LOT to his election. It's quite naive (no offense) to think he won solely by his political ideas. A large part voted for him for what he represents ideologically.

Clinton switched when the agenda called for it, there is video footage of her saying marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

Quote:

Regarding gay marriage (I know there's something out there about the "super predators" quote), this is my defense:http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jun/17/hillary-c... seems to me from here that, while never being all for same-sex marriage 100% until a time when it was mostly deemed acceptable by society, she's always been for same-sex marriage at points in her career.

Exactly ! She changed her position about it when it was convinient for her, not because she truly cared. She's fake.

HALLELUJAH !!

camilinator2370 wrote:

HALLELUJAH !!

are you saying hallelujah cuz u agree or

I think part of Clinton losing was her being female but I think a large part was because she ran a very old-fashioned political campaign and she also has flip flopped so much...I think we needed a different democrat

Great discussion and I commend you all greatly for continuing it despite the fiasco on the production end. I honestly was pissed so I said fuck it because I had to go to the airport to pick up my family who's visiting. I was going to do it while driving but it wasnt worth the risk. This by no means should be a reflection on the game as a whole as you all know I'm 100% readily available always I just needed some help tonight and it did not go as plan at all.

The Pit Stop will be posted very shortly. As an apology on production's end, anyone who wasnt in attendance live will recieve 10 points, not 5, if they give their two cents on trump in the next 12 hours. All those live in attendance tonight get a special 15 points for doing it all themselves, I'm very proud! Smile I'm dissapointed on our end as it reflects badly on us but it's in the past and with only 2 viewers tbh who cares.

Welcome to your fourth pit stop on this season of...

Today you’ll be playing…

Challenge Chalice

This will be the easiest Pit Stop you’ll ever compete in. The rules are extremely simple, I will create a board with 20 numbers on it. The numbers I’ll pick will be any random number between 1-75. Your job is to guess any 20 numbers between 1-75, any of those numbers you guess correctly will be added to your teams cumaltive score.

For example: 202Mitch correctly picks #69, #41, #1, #5, and #26. So he would have a total score of 142 and that score will be added to every else on your teams scores.

The team with the highest combined score will be decalred the winners and safe from the vote off. The losing team will need to vote off one of their remaining teammates. @Blue Team since you guys are down one member and therefore at a disadvantage, one of you will send in two lists.

Please send me 20 numbers in your private confessional ASAP! Literally this is easy please make it quick so we can continue moving along with the game, thanks!

Here’s how the current leaderboard looks.(Not updated with today's drivers seat points)

First place: DanishBoy ---> 115 Points

First place: ItalianBeats ---> 115 Points

First place: Ryan373 ---> 115 Points

First place: Camilinator2370 ---> 115 Points

Second Place: InternationalFan ---> 113 Points

Third Place: RLK2014 ---> 110 Points

Fourth Place: Torstar ---> 103 Points

Fifth Place: Deeper ---> 98 Points

Sixth Place: Melm3 ---> 88 Points

Here’s what the point system will look like for today’s challenge

First place in pit stop=30 points

Second place in pit stop=25 points

No show=15 points

Due tomorrow night at 8PM Eastern! It takes 2 seconds please get it done ASAP it's so easy! Please dont wait and make me chase after you to get it tomorrow night lol

Can you send it in our private message?

Can you send it in our private message?

Yes please